Sunday Times article

I,ve tried uploading an article from todays Sunday Times but it has not turned out well. Perhaps someone

with more computer experience might have more luck.

It is an article about the Taxman investigating various British football clubs which are owned by off shore

companies and have used a loophole to avoid paying tax.

The article mentions two Scottish clubs being looked at but only one club (Hearts) are named in the article

I,m reasonably sure that Rangers are not owned/controlled by a foreign company but the article goes to to

mention the practice of clubs using these off shore HQ,s to avoid employees paying tax on image rights

income.

I have tried scanning and uploading the article but it is too big to load.I would imagine that although

we are not named, this article sounds like the investigation we are facing.

Perhaps someone cleverer than me can upload the article direct from ST site and see what other RM members

think about it.

The other clubs named are :- Blackburn, Fulham, Birmingham, Spurs, Wolves, Portsmouth, Sunderland, Ipswich

and Hartlepool.

A senior tax partner at Grant Thornton said:-

" The growing number of clubs owned through tax havens partially reflects just how attractive British

football clubs have become as investment opportunities.

British football clubs are important to the UK economy and it would be unwise for the government to do

anything to jeopardise that".

All the clubs mentioned in the article, including ManU, are owned/ controlled through foreign companies

but the details are similar enough to Rangers situation that I wold be surprised if we were not the unnamed

Scottish club.