Walter will be our manager next season

boss

We've won the last two championships which is always welcome, but can you honestly say that we have seen any significant improvement in that time? Walter came in and did what he did, and deserved the praise which came his way, but I don't think he is going to change his ways now.

1. "which is always welcome" - is that how happy you feel about winning 2IAR? I myself am absolutely delighted.

2. Name me one manager, just one, anywhere in the world that would have done a better job than Walter in the last two seasons with the resources available?

1. Excuse my choice of words. I'm quite sure that I celebrated those wins as much as you did.

2. The usual trick question, but I'll say Jim Jeffries, just to play along. Can you prove otherwise?

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We've won the last two championships which is always welcome, but can you honestly say that we have seen any significant improvement in that time? Walter came in and did what he did, and deserved the praise which came his way, but I don't think he is going to change his ways now.

1. "which is always welcome" - is that how happy you feel about winning 2IAR? I myself am absolutely delighted.

2. Name me one manager, just one, anywhere in the world that would have done a better job than Walter in the last two seasons with the resources available?

1. Excuse my choice of words. I'm quite sure that I celebrated those wins as much as you did.

2. The usual trick question, but I'll say Jim Jeffries, just to play along. Can you prove otherwise?

:lol:

What is it you think walter can't do if he has money to spend (bearing in mind he has built a team recently that has brought us domestic domiantion and a euroepan final) ?

Build a team capable of doing anything in Europe on a consistent basis

He has done a fantastic job in the last 3 years, no-one is denying that or talking it down. Smith is good at getting the best out of a limited pool of players, I just dont trust him with cash to spend

What is it you think walter can't do if he has money to spend (bearing in mind he has built a team recently that has brought us domestic domiantion and a euroepan final) ?

He has done a fantastic job in the last 3 years, no-one is denying that or talking it down. Smith is good at getting the best out of a limited pool of players, I just dont trust him with cash to spend

Apart from the fact he had to spend cash to build this team that has been "fantastic"........i'm sure you know what you mean but you are not very good at communicating it.....

2. That demonstrates the paucity of your argument; you lose. But I can't prove it.

1. I really don't think you did.

Apart from the fact he had to spend cash to build this team that has been "fantastic"........i'm sure you know what you mean but you are not very good at communicating it.....

he hasn't spent any cash in 2 seasons - And before that he didn't have a lot of cash to spend did he? Since you're being a patronising cunt (how's that for communication?) then I will qualify it by saying I dont trust him with significent amounts of cash to spend

Fancy answering my question above?

As I stated in another thread, I would invite applications and see who applied. We are still a big name and there would be plenty of interest in us.

Or Jim Jeffries! ;-)

he hasn't spent any cash in 2 seasons - And before that he didn't have a lot of cash to spend did he? Since you're being a patronising cunt (how's that for communication?) then I will qualify it by saying I dont trust him with significent amounts of cash to spend

The current squad cost over twenty million, as far as rangers goes that is significant...i am sure you can see the confusion your constant contradictions are causing......

2. That demonstrates the paucity of your argument; you lose. But I can't prove it.

You must be one of those 'real' Rangers fans that GCL speaks of. :-D

I suspect he probably is.... :)

The current squad cost over twenty million, as far as rangers goes that is significant...i am sure you can see the confusion your constant contradictions are causing......

Its not that signicant given what he has squandered before - here and Everton. I think we differ on what is significant for a club of Rangers stature

Anyway, a lot of the key players were either free transfers, already here or bought for peanuts. The only significant buys who have been succesful were Miller, Davis, Thomson and arguably Whittaker

Please point out my 'constant' contradictions

Oh well! Treading water for another year.

Yip a double is fucking horrific

Domestic success is great, but we shouldn't be settling for that.

think in our current state mate we should be thankful for domestic success we mite not even have that for afew yrs if thing s dont get sorted out soon with a buyer!!as for europe we should just be thankful & happy to be in the champions league :wink:

Its not that signicant given what he has squandered before - here and Everton. I think we differ on what is significant for a club of Rangers stature

Anyway, a lot of the key players were either free transfers, already here or bought for peanuts. The only significant buys who have been succesful were Miller, Davis, Thomson and arguably Whittaker

Please point out my 'constant' contradictions

You live in a total fantasy land if you think a budget of over twenty million (on transfer fees alone) is not significant for Rangers and you may have a few disappointments coming your way in the near future…….

If you think that is the only four significant players walter paid money for i sugegst you do some research into the team you support as you have a very poor memory.

Jim Jefferies indeed. Oh dear.

Maybe you should read it again.

No matter who I had said, you would have dismissed it. You had already stated that nobody else can do any better than Smith.

I really don't see what Walter Smith has done to warrant people saying "I wouldn't trust him with cash". People point to Lafferty as his worst signing, but Walter's "worst" signing has scored important goals in the games that have secured the league championship this season and the season before. Miller, Davis, Bougherra, Cuellar and Thompson have all been a massive sucess. Whittaker, Edu, McCulloch and Beasley have all been relatively successful, with Edu showing real promise. Lafferty has been inconsistent but shown some proof that he can be a player. The jury is maybe still out on Naismith to an extent, but nobody will argue that he wasn't highly rated when we paid £2m for him.

If any other manager had achieved what Smith had this season, he would be hailed as a messiah. Smith isn't perfect when it comes to some descisions and tactics, but no-one can say that his teams don't win things.

Too many people believe the myth peddled by the scum that we play boring, negative anti football.

You live in a total fantasy land if you think a budget of over twenty million (on transfer fees alone) is not significant for Rangers and you may have a few disappointments coming your way in the near future…….

If you think that is the only four significant players walter paid money for i sugegst you do some research into the team you support as you have a very poor memory.

In this squad?? name me another player he has spent money on who has been a success. I wouldn't describe Lafferty, Naismith, McCulloch, Beasley, Edu, etc as particualr success's

edit - forgot about Boogie - 5 players

The football we played in December was good to watch, but apart from that it has been boring football to watch. But at the end of the day Walter has won us 2 titles, and even i cant argue against that, and i am one of his biggest critics.

Jim Jefferies? He got the fuckin bullet fae Killie........................cos he never won nothing.