Who did Boyd sign with ?

Redsox1

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the mans leaving for more money, much more, and i cannot blame him for that, i would do the same.

18K+ to play for the team you love or get play for medicore EPL club and win nothing for an extra say 15K a week, what do you pick?

Guest therabbitt

Some folk defending Boyd doh

I don't see for now why anyone should be castigating him either though. He's still in negotiation (or at least was until Smith's quotes to the Record) with many different clubs and I also think he has just came back from holiday - or might even still be on one.

He's not signed for anyone else, he's not signed for Rangers - it's just the status quo for now. Smith going to the papers is part of the negotiation, it's desired effect is clearly to make Boyd shite himself that the Rangers chapter of his career is over outwith his say so and perhaps force him to consider signing the contract he's been offered at the level Rangers and Smith value him. You have to remember that Smith went and spoke to the Record.

Boyds people went to the Sun with a story clearly designed to ramp up talk of him leaving - Smith went to the Record with a story that will make Boyd either sign the deal he has been offered or accept that his future lies away from Rangers.

All part of negotiation.

the mans leaving for more money, much more, and i cannot blame him for that, i would do the same.

18K+ to play for the team you love or get play for medicore EPL club and win nothing for an extra say 15K a week, what do you pick?

medicore EPL club :wink: already had a shot with the team he loves, why not move on for more cash, ad rather have the chance to play at the various top clubs in England than travel up to cally for example.

medicore EPL club :wink: already had a shot with the team he loves, why not move on for more cash, ad rather have the chance to play at the various top clubs in England than travel up to cally for example.

Well we have different views on this.

I don't see for now why anyone should be castigating him either though. He's still in negotiation (or at least was until Smith's quotes to the Record) with many different clubs and I also think he has just came back from holiday - or might even still be on one.

He's not signed for anyone else, he's not signed for Rangers - it's just the status quo for now. Smith going to the papers is part of the negotiation, it's desired effect is clearly to make Boyd shite himself that the Rangers chapter of his career is over outwith his say so and perhaps force him to consider signing the contract he's been offered at the level Rangers and Smith value him. You have to remember that Smith went and spoke to the Record.

Boyds people went to the Sun with a story clearly designed to ramp up talk of him leaving - Smith went to the Record with a story that will make Boyd either sign the deal he has been offered or accept that his future lies away from Rangers.

All part of negotiation.

True I just feel he is chasing the money. IMO anyways. If he came out and said that we has done all he can with Rangers and wanted to test himself down south then I would have respect for him.

Guest therabbitt

All part of negotiation.

True I just feel he is chasing the money. IMO anyways. If he came out and said that we has done all he can with Rangers and wanted to test himself down south then I would have respect for him.

I don't think he's chasing the money, I just think that he is torn himself about what he wants to do. Making a decision like he has to make can't be easy. I don't think for one second that Boyd wants to leave Rangers. The best outcome would be that he could stay, he's clearly facing a heart against head dilema.