Who did Boyd sign with ?

Redsox1

Did I miss something ? Who has boyd signed with ?

Hope its not because auld wattie has said he thinks he`s leaving .

Because auld wattie has been talking some pish as well over the last few months.( the club is in a crisis the sky is falling )

Until he has left people should not jump to conclusions .

If he leaves good luck to him but it`s only rangers own fault. they should have had him signed up long ago.

All wattie wanted to do was tell him hes fat and lazy ( but still our best goal scorer )

Instead rangers should have signed him up to a longer contract and worked on the things they didn`t like about him.

No Vision Smith.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The thing that interests me the most about boyd leaving is how he will approach joining a new club, by that I mean his performances... he wont get away with lacklustre heartless performances he has put in for us at times buyt at the same time, how will he adapt to the pressures of being bought presumably purely for his ability to score goals, in what will probably be a tougher league than the SPL, he will have to hit the ground running... both physically and in terms of scoring as he has a whole new management team and fans to impress

Boyd reportedly rejected a contract with us worth £22,000 a week.

That figure just keeps going up and up by the hour :rolleyes:

I read on the big Boyd thread it was around £20-22k.

Not sure.

why do we now believe reports from no where .

It`s only because Smith thinks he`s going.

The same smith that said we were in deep sh@te the day after celtic lost to Killie.

There is times I wish Smith would just shut up.

If boyd does go I`d put the blame squarely at smiths door.

He done nothing but slaughter him when he should have been giving him a new contract long ago.

Boyd wasn't starting the big games so i can see why he wasn't offered something earlier.

If Boyd ends up resigning then Walter will have pulled another masterstroke with this press release.

Someone said in the Boyd thread that Walter may be fucking with his head with this statement.

Walter's that good at it even we don't know whether he's up to something or not.

Time will tell.

I think you are right that he`s pushing boyd to sign with the statement.

But everyone on here is going daft at boyd .

Boyd`s not signed for anyone yet so there is no news to tell.

It may be a master stroke that might back fire.

As for not playing him in the big games well we have been cr@p in CL without him.(mistake by smith )

I`d play Boyd at home every game bar none.

away from home miller up front himself.(no tactical genius here)

If boyd hadn`t played against celtic in the last game at home edu wouldn`t have scored.

I still hope he stays

Did I miss something ? Who has boyd signed with ?

Hope its not because auld wattie has said he thinks he`s leaving .

Because auld wattie has been talking some pish as well over the last few months.( the club is in a crisis the sky is falling )

Until he has left people should not jump to conclusions .

If he leaves good luck to him but it`s only rangers own fault. they should have had him signed up long ago.

All wattie wanted to do was tell him hes fat and lazy ( but still our best goal scorer )

Instead rangers should have signed him up to a longer contract and worked on the things they didn`t like about him.

No Vision Smith.

i agree (tu) we let 2 many players get into the last year of their contract and this is what happens, no player should have less than 2 years on their deal unless they are over 30

The same smith that said we were in deep sh@te the day after celtic lost to Killie.

He done nothing but slaughter him when he should have been giving him a new contract long ago.

If this Is what Walter felt was needed thats good enough for me, He has worked with better players than Kris boyd.... If he wants to let Kris go then fine I trust walter to do whats right for the football club. I think to have a go at Walter is very very harsh

Boyd wasn't starting the big games so i can see why he wasn't offered something earlier.

If Boyd ends up resigning then Walter will have pulled another masterstroke with this press release.

Someone said in the Boyd thread that Walter may be fucking with his head with this statement.

Walter's that good at it even we don't know whether he's up to something or not.

Time will tell.

I was thinking this myself when I heard it this morning, But the fact is been on every sports round up throughout the day has me thinking this was no joke.... Hope I am wrong tho and u never no with Walter

If this Is what Walter felt was needed thats good enough for me, He has worked with better players than Kris boyd.... If he wants to let Kris go then fine I trust walter to do whats right for the football club. I think to have a go at Walter is very very harsh

he doesn't want to let him go <cr>

Sorry for not being the one falling for all the Smith can do no wrong stuff.

We had the most expensive team on the park this season so we should expect to be favs to win the league.

our european effort was terrible due to wattie wanting rid of fergie. we treated fergie badly .

Smiths transfers are poor to say the least .

When someone can score goals for fun you should also make sure he is always signed up to a decent lenght of contract.

you did say one thing though " If he wants to let Kris go then fine I trust walter to do whats right for the football club"

That hits the nail on the head . Smith not trying hard enough in the past to keep him.

Well he better get a goal scorer in if boyd does leave and if he fails to do it then he should be blamed.

Whats Smiths track record with buying strikers by the way . Has he ever bought a good one ?

We had the most expensive team on the park this season so we should expect to be favs to win the league.

our european effort was terrible due to wattie wanting rid of fergie. we treated fergie badly .

When someone can score goals for fun you should also make sure he is always signed up to a decent lenght of contract.

you did say one thing though " If he wants to let Kris go then fine I trust walter to do whats right for the football club"

That hits the nail on the head . Smith not trying hard enough in the past to keep him.

Well he better get a goal scorer in if boyd does leave and if he fails to do it then he should be blamed.

Whats Smiths track record with buying strikers by the way . Has he ever bought a good one ?

Mark Hateley.

he doesn't want to let him go <cr>

He let his contract run down then when 6month left offered him a deal, He also tried to sell him last january that for 3m so I dont IMO think Walter rates him

If Kris HAS actually turned down our offer,then surely he must have accepted one elsewhere??

No one would turn down a contract unless he had accepted one elsewhere surely? because that original contract offer would be the watermark for others to beat,take it away and others could reduce thier original offer.

Mark Hateley.

He never bought Hateley . sorry he brought him back when he was done but in my eyes that doesn`t count. because if you were just counting when he came back

you would say he was poor.

Souness signed Hateley and the rest is history

If Kris HAS actually turned down our offer,then surely he must have accepted one elsewhere??

No one would turn down a contract unless he had accepted one elsewhere surely? because that original contract offer would be the watermark for others to beat,take it away and others could reduce thier original offer.

spot on !

everyone on here falling about at Walters words again.

Until boyd actually signs with someone else this is a lot of rubbish.

If boyd goes its because he`s a money grabber , if he stays its because

of walters brilliant mind games .

Truth is its because of walter not getting his finger out long ago and

signing him up to a longer contract . Even if he didn`t fancy him as a player

we would still be getting money for him but low and behold we mess it up again.

Sometimes I wonder who really runs Rangers because to me it seems to be

run really poorly on the transfer side of things.

martin bain deals with the contracts not smith. It's also been well documented that RFC can only offer so much and it's up to Boyd if he signs

by the way, walter smith is legend.

Where would we be without him? Certainly not champions again ihmo

you can`t blame Bain here.

Rangers should have had him signed up over 2 years ago.

nope we signed lafferty / velicka instead to do better ! both poor.

Smith done nothing to try and keep him.

Making an offer now is a joke.

I`m sure feels not really wanted

you can`t blame Bain here.

Rangers should have had him signed up over 2 years ago.

nope we signed lafferty / velicka instead to do better ! both poor.

Smith done nothing to try and keep him.

Making an offer now is a joke.

I`m sure feels not really wanted

Walter doesn't rate Kris... and if he thinks we will be better without him then I trust Walter on this, or any other matter to do with the playing squad tbh

It seems that very few Bears have faith in walter over this issue of KB

It appears that even as he leaves, everything is still everyone else but Boyd's fault.

Sigh........

I'm fucking dreading the first time we struggle for a goal next season. There is going to be dozens of threads about how Boyd would've scored dozens of goals.

But its not going to happen because we play better football and score more goals as a team without Boyd in the team...

It appears that even as he leaves, everything is still everyone else but Boyd's fault.

Sigh........

I'm fucking dreading the first time we struggle for a goal next season. There is going to be dozens of threads about how Boyd would've scored dozens of goals.

But its not going to happen because we play better football and score more goals as a team without Boyd in the team...

Don't you start :lol:

Polar bear is starting to rub off on me after all this time... the man has a point, I cant believe it has taken me this long to see past my judgement of Boyd, the poor footballer over Boyd, the goalscorer :sherlock: