who was Englands worst player of the World cup?

rooney just never had service, used to playing for a team who plays around him and it didnt happen for him!!

Worst player was terry, he's the one in charge of defence and they were torn to utter shreds yesterday, he's been rumbled for the past few months now and will never play at that stage again

Best player was Ashley Cole.

Worst player is difficult,pick from Lennon,Barry,Wright-Philips.Johnson and Upson had nightmares against Germany and Gerrard was back to his school playground chasing the ball and not wanting anyone else to have it style of play after a solid disciplined game against Slovenia.Rooney got no service and lost his composure and his way.Even the "best player" James wasn't too clever at the first two goals.

Overall most of the players who got a game were very very poor and the ones who didn't get a game must have been absolute dross in training.

Just because Cashley was their best player doesn't mean he wasn't garbage. They all were. He's arguably the worlds best left back and Thomas Muller absolutely shat all over him.

They were saying his battle with Philipp Lahm would be key to England's chances. Any time Cole went forward against Germany he wasn't creating anything like he does at Chelsea and Muller was benefiting from it.

He also just stood with his thumb up his arse and watched Ozil run unchallenged into the box in the first few minutes.

For anyone saying Rooney got no service, that is no excuse for his horrendus form.

He had 4 shots on target.

He made 2 tackles.

And had 4 shots off target.

That was in the whole tournament, something of about 340 odd minutes..Usually he is bombing about trying to make something happen. I just dont think he cares at all, i dont think he liked or respected the manager, especially compared to Ferugson at Man United.

The only players to take any credit from the tournament were Gerrard, Cole and James.

The most dissappointing was defo Roooney imo as so much was expected of him and he delivered fuck all.

For anyone saying Rooney got no service, that is no excuse for his horrendus form.

He had 4 shots on target.

He made 2 tackles.

And had 4 shots off target.

That was in the whole tournament, something of about 340 odd minutes..Usually he is bombing about trying to make something happen. I just dont think he cares at all, i dont think he liked or respected the manager, especially compared to Ferugson at Man United.

To be fair he was no where near being fit and Ferguson had stated that before the world cup. England tried to play half fit players instead of having confidence in the rest of their squad which was part of why they did so badly.

Robben wasn't fit for the Netherlands first few matches so they left him on the bench. The English media would have had a field day if Rooney hadn't played every game and that is where England will always struggle because they simply can't leave a big player out without the press going crazy.

It was obvious as well that Gareth Barry wasn't anywhere near fit but yet he was still expected to play when a fully fit Carrick or Huddlestone would have been a better option. Players were picked on their names rather than how fit or how well they have been playing.

Wayne Rooney - maybe not the player he is bummed up to be. Just goes to show how overrated the EPL and English players really are!

He's still a great player but not a patch on the worlds best, no English player is.

Rooney couldn't even trap a ball or make a simple 5 yard pass.

I also thought Johnson, Lennon, Lampard, Barry, Milner, Terry and Upson were stinking aswell - basic errors all the time.

That just about covers my thoughts also.Rooney found out,big time.