Davie Weir to start......

JimmyCR1

more than 50 goals?? and also layed on quite a few, you cant tell me davie weirs "great defencive displays" outdo boyds goals

Well we've had the best defense in Scotland for two seasons and Davie Weir has played in almost every single game over those two seasons.

Scoring goals isn;t the only way to win leagues. Not conceding is just as high on hte list.

You can't argue Boyd done more cos he scored more goals. In that same sense Davie weir done more because he manged to help concede less than every other team in the league.

Like it or not our CB's next season will be Broadfoot and Webster with big Davie filling in for injuries and suspensions/fek ups !!

We'd better get used to it.

And how do you come to that conclusion?

other plays like boyd gave more to two in a row than DW and gets a lot more stick

How exactly did Boyd give more?

erm his goals without which we may not have won either of the last 2 titles. Weir has been immense though but this coming season he should be used sparingly, he cant last forever and we need to start establishing a new central defence sooner rather than later.

more than 50 goals?? and also layed on quite a few, you cant tell me davie weirs "great defencive displays" outdo boyds goals

Well we've had the best defense in Scotland for two seasons and Davie Weir has played in almost every single game over those two seasons.

Scoring goals isn;t the only way to win leagues. Not conceding is just as high on hte list.

You can't argue Boyd done more cos he scored more goals. In that same sense Davie weir done more because he manged to help concede less than every other team in the league.

scoring goals wins games, keeping a clean sheet doesnt always do that

scoring goals is highly important it must be said :wink:

says the most consistant player in HSV history

Well its true if you are meaning scoring goals in every one of their games :happy::wink:

Well its true if you are meaning scoring goals in every one of their games :happy::wink:

amen mister c :wink:

back on topic now and away from tales of my goalscoring exploits, both contributed a hell of a lot to our last 2 titles but its not about or 2 players in the team but the team as a whole and it really has been a team effort! However, Weir is 40 and mistakes are being made on a regular basis and he really should be slowly phased out of starting XI. He can and should be a mentor for the defenders who are there though while getting run outs every now and again if needed if we stay injury free.

Weir should hang up his boots. His lack of pace means we need to defend far too deep to prevent anyone getting in behind us. If Webster is his partner it will be even more of a problem. I do expect Smith to sign him up for yet another year.

Good he is the only leader we have at the moment. 1 more year wont do us any harm

eh yes it will, the guys a liability

he only got it easy last year cos the rest of the SPL's strikers were shit

He can only play against whats put up against him.

Liability ffs thats how he played in every Spl game,because walter thought he was a liability. give him credit were due mate

no bein funny mate, but are you havin a fuckin laugh. since he came to ibrox i've been watchin the way he plays and i'd say at least 90% of the goals we conceive come through him, he's had it easy with playin against shit strikers and havin decent players next to him..... a lot of people think he makes players look good that he plays beside but i think the opposite. surely im not the only one

Yes, you are the only one who takes this ridiculous view. :rolleyes:

Davie Weir could handle most strikers in the SPL but imagine David Villa,Wayne Rooney,Robin van Persie,Anelka etc running at him in the CL......frightening and very damaging.

I think next season will prove a season too far for Weir and we could end up paying heavily for it.

Like it or not our CB's next season will be Broadfoot and Webster with big Davie filling in for injuries and suspensions/fek ups !!

We'd better get used to it.

And how do you come to that conclusion?

My own opinions of course so -

Webster recalled after having a fairly good season at DU and Broadfoot re signed - don't forget he was originally signed as a CB. I think both will be given the chance.

Boogie will be away and we'd be stupid to hang on to Wilson and let him move for nought. We are in no position not to cash in and naximise their worth.

Big Davie was superb on the whole last season but the cracks were beginning to show and can't go on forever. I don't think he'll play as many games as last season.

That is how I come to that conclusion.

Weir has been outstanding for his age, there have been a couple of mistakes but even the best make some.

That being said I'd prefer him to retire at the top than become a liability, which could happen- but is certainly not guaranteed to happen

If David Weir signs on for another year then he will be a first team regular in all competitions.

But with the possibility of Bougherra and/or Wilson leaving can we rely on Weir, Webster and Broadfoot?

Weir has been outstanding for his age, there have been a couple of mistakes but even the best make some.

That being said I'd prefer him to retire at the top than become a liability, which could happen- but is certainly not guaranteed to happen

Yeah, I do have a wee worry that we'll be sitting next year thinking that Davie was good, but made a fair few mistakes in his last year.

Weir should hang up his boots. His lack of pace means we need to defend far too deep to prevent anyone getting in behind us. If Webster is his partner it will be even more of a problem. I do expect Smith to sign him up for yet another year.

Good he is the only leader we have at the moment. 1 more year wont do us any harm

eh yes it will, the guys a liability

he only got it easy last year cos the rest of the SPL's strikers were shit

He can only play against whats put up against him.

Liability ffs thats how he played in every Spl game,because walter thought he was a liability. give him credit were due mate

no bein funny mate, but are you havin a fuckin laugh. since he came to ibrox i've been watchin the way he plays and i'd say at least 90% of the goals we conceive come through him, he's had it easy with playin against shit strikers and havin decent players next to him..... a lot of people think he makes players look good that he plays beside but i think the opposite. surely im not the only one

Yes, you are the only one who takes this ridiculous view. :rolleyes:

i know for a fact im not the only one who takes this view, he will turn into a liability.... dont get me wrong its remarkable he is still playing at the age he is but i guarentee if he plays the same amount a games this season as last Rangers will lose a lot of games