Floyd Mayweather vs Manny Pacquiao

Apparently both camps have been locked in negotiations over the summer but the media are not being briefed on any of the details to avoid it getting out of control like the last time. I think this is a good move because it turned into a circus the last time with the media and fans taking sides and slagging off the other fighter. Hopefully they get something sorted and make an announcement soon. For the sake of sport. It will be some event if it does happen.

dying to see this fight but i wont get excited until it is signed and delivered. Last time was indeed a nightmare.

http://www.eastsideboxing.com/news.php?p=24439&more=1

very, very disappointing if this turns out to be true and mayweather doesnt sign the contract. It will be one of the biggest travesties in sporting history if these two guys dont fight. Both at the peak of their career, fighting in the same weight division and both of them are up there amongst the greatest pound-for-pound fighters of all time.

This will be the final straw, in my opinion, for most fans of the sport as boxing politics has well and truly spiraled out of control. This could be the death of boxing as a major sport because there are simply no other super-fights out there to be made.

At the moment the domestic scene, heavyweight in particular, is quite interesting in Britain but in terms of boxing capturing the publics attention on a global scale this fight simply must happen. It would be a disgrace if it doesnt.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/boxing/8831343.stm

Fuckin disgrace. Who the hell wants to see a pacquiao-cotto rematch or pacquiao-margarito? a guy who has probably spent the majority of his career cheating and is struggling to get a licence to box in America again.

If its true that pacquiao has agreed to mayweathers drug testing demands and floyd still wont take the fight then shame on him.