Mesut Ozil available for £8m

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson hasn't given up on Werder Bremen star Mesut Ozil.

The Sun says Ferguson is back on the trail of Germany World Cup ace Ozil.

The Manchester United boss missed out signing him as a teenager but has kept tabs on the player he calls "the ghost".

Fergie is aware Ozil, 21, has only a year left on his deal with Werder Bremen, who want to cash in before the midfielder is available on a free.

The Bundesliga side did want £20million to let Ozil move on but have now dropped their asking price by £8m.

United's transfer kitty is tight but if a deal can be struck Fergie will push hard to get the cash.

They have dropped their price "by" £8 million, he will probably be worth about 12 or 13 now which is still very cheap for him.

I think Arsenal might be starting to think about selling Fabregas if this is true.

Is that not an article from The Sun?

I'll take Hoenigstein's word over that any day, and he was very specific about it being £8m.

Just a wee clue there Papa ;)

Oh yeah sorry i probably should have added it was from the sun doh so probably not true, but i was checking the Man U forum and they all seem to think it's dropped by 8 million aswell so i dunno, just thought i'd post it up anyway.

Either way 8 million or 12 million is still a bargain for him and Arsenal might be warming to Fabregas leaving if they can get this guy in as hus replacement.

I hope he goes to Roma :BELM:

:praise:

Almost as financially in the shit as us though :(

He would defenitely strengthen the team and be a natural replacement for Totti. Even though I knew Roma were in some serious debt, I didn't realise Werder Bremen aswell? This Ozil sale strikes me as a 'cash in while you can' more than a 'balance the books' sale?

I think there may be a bidding war for this guy, i just hope man city dont sign him

I agree, that club kind of strikes me as a career ruiner. Was absolutely gutted when they signed David Silva, thought he would have gone to Real Madrid.

I hope he goes to Roma :BELM:

:praise:

Almost as financially in the shit as us though :(

He would defenitely strengthen the team and be a natural replacement for Totti. Even though I knew Roma were in some serious debt, I didn't realise Werder Bremen aswell? This Ozil sale strikes me as a 'cash in while you can' more than a 'balance the books' sale?

By 'us' I meant Rangers :pipe: Having said that, if you add the total £5m kitty, plus the £4m from the Thomson and Wilson deals.... :thumbup:

Haha, oh right ok, I get what you mean now. :lol:

Hopefully Rangers can sign a few decent players now.

Get on MSN so I can speak to you about Roma, I don't want to hi-jack this thread. :pipe:

Best move for him would be going to United, having seen the way other young players have progressed there.

In recent years they have not been that great with youngsters.

Other than Rooney, who they played out of position for 2 years.

Anderson and Nani are good examples...

They haven't progressed very much at all.

Both were better at their previous clubs.

Also United let Pique go!!!

And how many local lads are coming through now?

Would be a good replacement for Fabregas, but it doesn't sound like Wenger will be letting him go without a fight and Ozil will have plenty of clubs interested in him.

It's not possible for Wenger to accomodate both Fabregas and Ozil.

Would be a good replacement for Fabregas, but it doesn't sound like Wenger will be letting him go without a fight and Ozil will have plenty of clubs interested in him.

He would probably play Ozil on the wing, even if Fabregas left.

Wenger does it alot.

He buys Att midfielders and plays them on the wings.

Nasri, Rosicky, Arshavin, etc....

Wenger does it alot.

Ozil is defenitely better as a play-maker though. It would be a stupid signing if he was to play out on the wing.

Wenger does it alot.

Ozil is defenitely better as a play-maker though. It would be a stupid signing if he was to play out on the wing.

Wouldnt be surprised though.

I would agree with that. Any replacement for Fabregas will depend on how long the saga with Barcelona drags out for.