Why Rangers will win the title.

Lennon - inexperienced

Walter Smith - experienced.

Walter knows the SPL like the back of his hand. He knows how to get points in the league. It doesn't matter how he does it, he forms a togetherness in the squad, a No surrender like mentality and coaches the team to be well drilled and organised.

Lennon on the other hand does not have this experience, we don't know how he will react or his squad to a loss.

So there is many things to find out about lennon, but i have no doubt Rangers will win the title again.

Inexperience won't come into it if there is no realistic challenge. Lets wait and see what shape we are in when the transfer window closes.

I am in no way throwing in the towel, but let's just wait before jumping in.

Lennon cannot cope with losses, which with no doubt will happen along the way.

Think of their defeat against Ross County, he came out and openly slagged off the team, the way they played etc, 'home truths' he called it, 'demoralising brilliance' I'd call it. :sherlock:

Uhh yeah. They have a new manager,have lost their best player, and have brought in 5 new first team players. We, on the other hand, have the same manager, and still have the core of our first team.

Unfortunately, that's all we have left of the team, as of now.

Stability=success

We have more stability than they do, so as things stand, I'm backing us.

Are you being serious???????????????

Uhh yeah. They have a new manager,have lost their best player, and have brought in 5 new first team players. We, on the other hand, have the same manager, and still have the core of our first team.

Uhh yeah??????????

Sorry, remind me how many first team players we have lost.....................and as of yet how many have we replaced?

Did the guys that have left contribute nothing to the season? Boyd, Novo, Thomson & Wilson???

You build a team around the core, the core is not the team.

You need a reality check.

Uhh yeah??????????

Sorry, remind me how many first team players we have lost.....................and as of yet how many have we replaced?

Did the guys that have left contribute nothing to the season? Boyd, Novo, Thomson & Wilson???

Yeah yeah, but they don't have a better goalie than McGregor, on't have a better defender than Bougherra, don't have a better midfielder than Davis, don't have a better striker than Miller, and don't have a better manager than Walter. I reckon with a few additions, which I'm 100% sure will happen, we will retain the title.

The core of the team is there, he has basically listed it, and he is also confident that we will sign a few players, this building a team around the core.

Uhh yeah??????????

Yeah yeah, but they don't have a better goalie than McGregor, on't have a better defender than Bougherra, don't have a better midfielder than Davis, don't have a better striker than Miller, and don't have a better manager than Walter. I reckon with a few additions, which I'm 100% sure will happen, we will retain the title.

The core of the team is there, he has basically listed it, and he is also confident that we will sign a few players, this building a team around the core.

I can read, the point is, lets wait and see if and who we sign before jumping in with the predictions.

We have seen nothing so far but players willing to jump off the sinking ship, what calibre of player do you see wanting to jump on it??

Management is important but that's not all it comes down too, our squad has been weakened and could get weaker while it's proving very difficult to strengthen it. Celtic have strengthened their squad and it looks like they'll continue to do so. Boruc won't be that huge a loss for them either based on the last year or two.

As far as Lennon goes, as much as i hate him i think he'll do a better job there than Mowbray. Certainly can't see them dropping points as freely and Lennon will have them do whatever it takes to get a win, kicking people off the park per say. Mowbray and his footballing philosophy held them back considerably, under Lennon i can see them grinding out a lot of wins.

Walter Smith's experience could still give him an advantage depending on what situation we get into but given the general state of things i don't see how you can say you have 'no doubt' we'll win the league. I don't even see how an eternal optimist couldn't have doubts currently.

Stability=success

We have more stability than they do, so as things stand, I'm backing us.

Are you being serious???????????????

Uhh yeah??????????

What mrmytto said (tu)

And if you think that the next month or so will pass by without us bringing anyone in, then it's you who needs the reality check. I've decided that everyone who keeps banging on about 'reality checks' and 'the real world' tend to be the people who are most out of touch themselves....

Who said we won't bring anyone in?????

It's the standard of what we bring in that is the question. You like others are clinging to the hope that we replace with better than what we had, if they didn't want to stay what in the name of feck makes you think better will want to come in????????

I can read, the point is, lets wait and see if and who we sign before jumping in with the predictions.

We have seen nothing so far but players willing to jump off the sinking ship, what calibre of player do you see wanting to jump on it??

An SPL standard at the very least. You don't have to spend big money to be able to attract players of a certain calibre, if you look outwith the main 3/4/5 countries then you will find a player of good calibre, who will give it all, at a good price, good wages and the attraction of playing in the Champions League actually means something to them.

Quite the doom and gloom merchant, aren't you?

An SPL standard at the very least. You don't have to spend big money to be able to attract players of a certain calibre, if you look outwith the main 3/4/5 countries then you will find a player of good calibre, who will give it all, at a good price, good wages and the attraction of playing in the Champions League actually means something to them.

Quite the doom and gloom merchant, aren't you?

Doom and gloom merchant? Without any shadow of doubt at the moment.

As already said (not using championship manager as the basis) lets wait and see what we bring in that is of the standard required.

As already said (not using championship manager as the basis) lets wait and see what we bring in that is of the standard required.

If you're trying to imply that I'm using CM a s a basis then you couldn't be further from the truth.

1) I do not, and never have played it.

2) There's talent there, it's only there if you're willing to look for it - something that our club needs to start to do.

And I agree with DJW above. (tu)

If you're trying to imply that I'm using CM a s a basis then you couldn't be further from the truth.

1) I do not, and never have played it.

2) There's talent there, it's only there if you're willing to look for it - something that our club needs to start to do.

And I agree with DJW above. (tu)

At this point in time it is blind faith.

There is nothing happening for us to provide any positives at the moment, does it mean I will give up? Not a hope in hell, but we need to be realistic, we are going backwards at a rate of knots that will see us back in the early eighties before we know it unless we have major change, which looks very unlikely to happen in the near future.

At this point in time it is blind faith.

There is nothing happening for us to provide any positives at the moment, does it mean I will give up? Not a hope in hell, but we need to be realistic, we are going backwards at a rate of knots that will see us back in the early eighties before we know it unless we have major change, which looks very unlikely to happen in the near future.

Well, everyones definition of 'major change' is different, wither it be your opinion, the Rangers boards opinion or my opinion.

So realistically the chances of you being happy and having any confidence you ever had in the club is looking quite slim.

'I'm a believer' though, and I will continue to believe.

The only way is up mate. :uk:

Early eighties, when we were not even second best in Scotland? Don't think so. As Bain has said, we're making the pot as big as we can, and I have faith that we'll make the necessary signings.

When was the last time we finished 'not even second best'?????? Were we better off then? Where was the controlling aspect of the club at that time? In a better place than now?

I am not one for criticising Bain as he has been placed into a position far out with his ability by someone who knew exactly what he was doing for personal gain, on that basis I will wait and see rather than placing all my hopes in him.

IMO, what speaks mostly for us is that the players we have know each other and can play as a team. Celtic seems to be buying themselves half a life-up, and those won't know each other at all. They will also be thrown in with other players who were here last year and obviously couldn't play as a team back then either. Lennon will have to work hard to make a team out of his hired guns.

IF we keep mcgreggor, Whittaker, weir, Webster, papac, bougherra and davis. That is all we need. The most solid defence in Scotland bar none and a creative player the calibre of steven Davis - we just need to fill in the edges. Were not gonna concede many, therefore we only need 1 or 2. Grind results out and let's see how the Celtic board react when we aren't dropping points! No surrender

I'm not sure it's as simple as that.

If Celtic keep buying, they'll no doubt end up with a better squad than ours. Are they as hungry as us? Will they work as well as a unit as we do? That's the questions that need asked.