Crime of the century ?

D'Artagnan

The one I have asked you 3 times now to respond to.

Deflection :wink: ask manticore the king of it

No Im asking you...

But you seem incapable of responding or debating.

Just ask then.

I have done - 3 times.

But you seem to think you are very clever by continuing to avoid it. When in actual fact it shows that are not capable of even supporting the comments you have made earlier.

Well. Ive not seen it. Hence why I am asking you now. Well.....

• Replies 822
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What songs are these then?

Idiot for not wanting songs not associated with rangers being kicked to fuck. Oh aye doh

What songs do you think? You are the one with an issue, i don't have one with what we sing.

Yes, you have a hint of Brownsyndrome about you.

So you are happy with our club landing trouble with uefa?

Songs with the uvf, FTP etc. Can't you fathom that?

OK, gonna entertain this ugh creature.

You talk of Scottish brethren when its blatantly clear you have no idea what this means- a people staunch and resolute in their beliefs.

Does that equate to singing songs? Of course not! When has songs on the terraces ever been the flag bearer for a religious idealism?

The songs we sing are a celebration of the Rangers, our heritage and indeed a massive GIFUY to our rivals, in that sense we are no different from any other club on the planet.

You long for a day when the Rangers fans are hampered from being free to sing their songs? I long for a day when idiots like you are booted from forums like these!

Idiot for not wanting songs not associated with rangers being kicked to fuck. Oh aye doh

I'm a bit confused with your definition of songs not associated with Rangers, do you mean songs which weren't written originally as Rangers songs? Because if thats the case then we can say goodbye to Simply the Best, Penny Arcade, Come on Over to my Place - hell We are the Champions isn't a Rangers song it's a song more commonly associated with Queen! We could get really pedantic and remove any songs which we've borrowed the tune for.

Unless you mean only songs which have links to Unionism, Loyalist, and Protestantism? In that case can't you see how these songs have gone on to become part of the culture of Rangers FC like the other "Non Rangers" songs? Derry's Walls for example with it's cry of No Surrender perfectly encapsulates the fighting never say die spirit Rangers FC is renowned for, or am I wasting my time even debating with you?

I'm going to roll out the 'idiot' line once more.

no where have I said we should be singing FTP/UVF shit.

View PostEdin-Bear-ugh, on Yesterday, 10:44 PM, said:

We Are The People.

Glasgow Rangers founded on non religious issues. Just a few men who wanted to form 'The Rangers'

It's obvious it's all against twb and myself.

I long for a day without non rangers songs. However. It probably won't Happen.

Let's thank ourself we were chosen as Gers fans.

We all know this thread has no end. So from me. :beer1: to your health

As opposed to Celtic who were founded for religious reasons.

How do you square that with "Rangers cultivated sectarianism" ?

Hopefully you will see it now

Ok, during this thread I have been called, on various occasions, a tim, an I.R.A Sympathiser, a cunt and D'Artagnan said I disgusted him all for daring to offer a differing opinion.

If you so-called guardians and defenders of this clubs histories and traditions cannot debate rationally with one of your own then I fear for this club, I really do. I have shown restraint and tried to debate without resorting to childish name-calling but it seems to be beyond some members to extend to me the same courtesy.

There seems to be a very real and very worrying split in our support. One side clinging to a fading culture they cannot properly define and one side who wants to move away from it. Both sides have the clubs best interests at heart but disagree about how we see Rangers Football Club in the 21st Century.

If we can get rid of our darker element, cut out the stuff that has no place at a football ground and unite as a support then maybe we can move forward and attain the parity that D'Artagnan spoke of in his original post. But it is going to take a comprimise, on both sides.

It is crystal clear that our great club has more than enough enemies without our support splitting into factions. I may get the usual abuse for this post but I urge people to remember that I am one of us and to extend me the respect that a supporter of Rangers deserves.

We Are The People :)

We Are The People.

Glasgow Rangers founded on non religious issues. Just a few men who wanted to form 'The Rangers'

Times two :lol: :lol:

Pretty sure he was asking me, there.

Any plans to answer me?

EDIT: I see that you've mentioned Father's Advice; Daddy's Uniform and #1 Platoon.

You are under the impression that these songs are about the Paramilitary group of the later 20th Century rather than the 1912 UVF.

Just a few things - can you give me a line in any of those songs which refers to the later paramilitary group? For your case to be sound that would be a minimum.

Secondly, while I concede that those are the most popular at games, there are others, more sung in Clubs and on busses, but they do appear at games; usually away and generally sung by small numbers - Englishmans Betrayal comes to mind. The point is there are other songs which are sung which could only be about the original UVF.

Why do you assume the worst about your fellow bears?

As for Father's Advice:

My memory it strays back again to nineteen forty one.

When Ulsters shores were threatened by the Jackboot of the Hvn

Gusty Spence was 8 in 1941.

How can that song possibly be about his version of the UVF?

Those are the lyrics to 'Daddy's Uniform' I believe.

And if you read them they say 'My memory strays back again....' indicating that he is remembering back to 1941 so it's unlikely that it's about the 1912 U.V.F since his memory is straying back to 1941. Anyway all three of these songs were written during the troubles and, all pedantry aside, I think we both know why.

We cant go pointing fingers at Celtic fans for singing about the I.R.A - they use the same excuses, by the way, that they are singing about the original I.R.A - while we still indulge in our own para-military sing-a-longs.

Oh my God!!!!

You REALLY didnt think about that one did you??

How about all the British, who still have a "dislike" of the Germans due to their actions under Hitler in attacking and killing OUR people? How about other terror organisations? Those who attacked Glasgow Airport? London? in recent times. Was that "ok"?

Yes we can!

Have a wee read on the history of the modern day U.V.F - they have terrorised there own people enough for me not to want to hear supporters of my club praising them in song.

Spare me the condescending replies as well, thanks.

Ok, during this thread I have been called, on various occasions, a tim, an I.R.A Sympathiser, a cunt and D'Artagnan said I disgusted him all for daring to offer a differing opinion.

If you so-called guardians and defenders of this clubs histories and traditions cannot debate rationally with one of your own then I fear for this club, I really do. I have shown restraint and tried to debate without resorting to childish name-calling but it seems to be beyond some members to extend to me the same courtesy.

There seems to be a very real and very worrying split in our support. One side clinging to a fading culture they cannot properly define and one side who wants to move away from it. Both sides have the clubs best interests at heart but disagree about how we see Rangers Football Club in the 21st Century.

If we can get rid of our darker element, cut out the stuff that has no place at a football ground and unite as a support then maybe we can move forward and attain the parity that D'Artagnan spoke of in his original post. But it is going to take a comprimise, on both sides.

It is crystal clear that our great club has more than enough enemies without our support splitting into factions. I may get the usual abuse for this post but I urge people to remember that I am one of us and to extend me the respect that a supporter of Rangers deserves.

You should give our Protestant support the respect it deserves for helping our club to be respected and loved by fans all over the world.

Into factions here let me sort that one out......

You and your 4 or 5 friends leave this forum thats it sorted.

You should give our Protestant support the respect it deserves for helping our club to be respected and loved by fans all over the world.

I am a Protestant and I support Rangers - I have nothing but respect for our history and heritage. I dont think I have ever stated otherwise. Please do not lump me in with opinions by other posters, I am my own man.

Into factions here let me sort that one out......

You and your 4 or 5 friends leave this forum thats it sorted.

I think you should read my post again, my friend.

And I am my own man with my own opinions.

What songs do you think? You are the one with an issue, i don't have one with what we sing.

Yes, you have a hint of Brownsyndrome about you.

So would you find it more acceptable to say Screw The Pope or Down With The Pope ? after all what is a Fuck but another way to say making love, it depends on how you perceive it.

Don't forget that the cry from the Protestant Pulpits for hundreds of years was No Popery, it's the PC brigade that would rather forget our Protestant Traditions that many fought and died for, if we can fight wars to keep our British Nations Traditions the what's so bad about some songs.

We Are The People.

Lol. You obviously havent understood this whole thread.

No way have I or anyone condoned celtics actions and i agreed that we get a raw deal.

My issue is with our own issues of non rangers songs etc. Is that ok?

I dont know why some of you guys contune to respond to this individual who appears more concerned with turning the focus of this discussion onto a very small element of the Rangers support...while elements of the press crucify our club and its support without justification.

We Are The People.

No way have I or anyone condoned celtics actions and i agreed that we get a raw deal.

Could you answer my question a few posts up please? Thank you....

Lol twb you are your own man.

The masses will hound you for having an opinion.

And as for Ritchieshearercaldow. What has the pope to do with our club at all.??

I go back to our beginnings. We weren't established as a protestant club.

No its not okay...but its the kind of answer I expected from you.

Heres a suggestion for you....if your issue is with non-Rangers songs...why dont you start a thread about it.