Jelavic has arrived at Murray Park

Mansion

Sky Sports are about as reliable as the Daily Record or BBC at times.

I'd imagine if we do sign Jelavic, it will be for an 'undisclosed fee', and I'm happy with that!

I agree with you i don't think Rangers would want us knowing how much they are spending for some reason. It might be better not knowing cause if he turns out shite and people were to know we wasted 4 million on him we wont be happy :lol:

They should have done that with Lafferty :lol:

Exactly :lol:

Jonny mate hows my free bet looking h34rt.gif

Not been able to have a look yet mate I'm at the birds house just now boogie.png

I'll get on it once I'm home

:pics:

Your a good lad jonny 00000042.gif

hahaha behave yourself :craphead:

Anything to help a bear out. Otherwise it would go to a T*rrier junkie in a shop in parkhead cross or something... I can't be having that

Guest therabbitt

Nae pressure on the lad if he does sign eh?

A striker in the world's top 5, shouldn't feel any pressure in the SPL! :-D

How do you mean?

With rumours of Rangers not agreeing personal terms, the wheels could be coming off this wagon.

That does seem odd though as Jelavic seemed so keen to come here.

All this uncertainty is killing me. I can't wait til it's over one way or another. These long drawn out sagas are making us look foolish.

He'll be expected to hit it off pretty quickly if he does indeed sign!?

I've seen people mention both Filip Sebo and Kyle Lafferty, but IMO, he's nothing like those players. Both Papac and Prso have talked about Jelavic, he's supposidly been a player we have been watching for sometime, and he's done it against Hamburg, Villa, celtc, along with some other games we've seen. It looks like he has a good bit of quality about him - Lafferty never impressed me whilst at Burnley, and I thought Sebo was a vacuum cleaner before he signed for us.

He's not going to be played out of position, and he looks like he has the attributes to suceed in Scotland, and at a massive club like Rangers. He's also had his pre-season and is 8 games into the new season, so I think he will settle pretty quickly - a Kris Boyd-esque debut would be great :D

With rumours of Rangers not agreeing personal terms, the wheels could be coming off this wagon.

All this uncertainty is killing me. I can't wait til it's over one way or another. These long drawn out sagas are making us look foolish.

Where are these rumours coming from?

TBH, I doubt we would go this far without knowing his wage demands.

Sorry if this is a repost

Jelavic deal edges closer

Rangers, 15:23, August 9, 2010

Rangers have reopened talks with Rapid Vienna in a bid to secure a deal for Croatian striker Nikica Jelavic.

Martin Bain was reportedly in Austria over the weekend to watch Jelavic score in Rapid's 2-0 win against Sturm Graz and hold talks with club officials about taking the player to Ibrox.

It was claimed in Croatia that a fee of five million euros was agreed for the 24-year-old and personal terms have also been thrashed out. However Rapid's sporting director Alfred Hoertnagl has since denied those reports.

"There are too many matters still to be resolved, even on the player's side," Hoertnagl told sportnet.at.

http://www.clubcall.com/rangers/jelavic-deal-edges-closer-1084858.html

Guest therabbitt

Do you only login when you have something negative to say about Rangers?

Guest therabbitt

who that in yer pic there, looks like janine butcher but i know it wont be?

It's Scarlett Johanssen :)

I dont think jela will be that hard to negotiate with. He wants to come here then end up in the EPL hes been honest enough to admit that. So i cant see him not coming here for between 15-17k p/w. Anyone know roughly his current wage?

Why is their news all over the web saying Rapid have rejected 4.2m bid after weekend negotiations? Surley that has to be bullshit because we offered them £3.5m on thursday and 4.2m is the same equivelent of £3.5m.

How would you know what was offered, and when?

Rangers have seen their £3.5million bid to land Rapid Vienna striker Nikica Jelavic rejected by the Austrian outfit.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11788_6297073,00.html

But, apparently we are nearing the £4 million pound mark if reports are true.

So it's a case of people believing what they want to believe, just as I thought.

Many different stories from many different sources. Thats how I know how much was offered and when it was. When 20 different sources print the same story but 1or2 words changed there may be a slight chance that there is some truth in there somewhere

Those 'twenty sources' have based all their stories on reports from a couple of outlets within the Austrian press. You 'know' what you want to believe.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11788_6297073,00.html

But, apparently we are nearing the £4 million pound mark if reports are true.

That article is from Friday.

Correct, and it was apparently Thursday they turned down the £3.5 million offer, which would make sense if that article was published on the Friday.

A striker in the world's top 5, shouldn't feel any pressure in the SPL! :-D

How do you mean?

Just my own observation on how his profile has increased dramatically amongst a large proportion of the RM membership, and I suppose the support as a whole.

Do you only login when you have something negative to say about Rangers?

A wee bit harsh. Sorry if I seem negative, but I'm hardly the only one frustrated by this. we've not exactly been beset with good news lately and there will be nobody happier than me if we get Jelavic.

Whoever we sign as a front man let's hope he can take a penalty or two, Boyd excelled in this department, you wouldn't put your mortgage on Miller converting.