Xavi Hernandez

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Am I the only person that's seen Xavi stroll past players for fun?

He doesn't have to do it often, but he definitely can....

I was actually about to post something similar. He's well capable of skinning folk but he simply doesn't because of how good his passing ability is.

His first touch is probably the best in world football.

One thing I love about Xavi is when he is on the ball and there are 2/3 players around him and he is able to drag the ball away from them, open up the play and ping the ball out to either the RB or LB.

People watch Barcelona to see Messi but I watch them to focus on Xavi for 90 minutes. When Xavi and Iniesta are in he midfield together they know each others movement inside out and it is a joy to watch.

He is also an unbelievably intelligent footballer without the ball. I can't remember who Barca were playing last season at Camp Nou (might have been Real Zaragoza)but the manager deployed a man marking job on every single attacking player of Barcelona and everyhwere Xavi went he had someone tight to him so instead of moving around the pitch and looking for the ball he sat in the back four and let Pique push into midfield which meant they had a midfielder marking Xavi on the halfway doing nothing. It worked as well as Pique was getting on the ball and creating chances.

Who's better Fabregas or Xavi isn't the question to me, Iniesta or Xavi is more appropriate. I know the likes of Messi and Ronaldo get most the credit as the best players in the world, but Iniesta and Xavi are by far the greatest players in the world. The World Cup showed that.

Messi is better than both Xavi and Iniesta.

Messi's passing is fantastic. His finishing is the best in the world, as far as I'm concerned. He's just so composed when one on one with the goalkeeper. He's fantastic all round.

Best player in the world. :praise: