Transfer news

warden90

Rangers have ended their pursuit of Rapid Vienna striker Nikica Jelavic and are now anxious to fix-up James Beattie and Tommy Smith.

After two weeks of negotiations with the Austrians and the Croatian striker, the SPL champions have walked away. The 24-year-old has been quoted as saying a switch to Scotland may still happen in the next few days, but any movement will now have to come from his camp.

Rangers offered around £4m and £15,000-per-week wages. Rapid accepted the deal, but Jelavic wants a pay-off from his club, so the move has stalled.

Chief executive Martin Bain said: “We have withdrawn from negotiations with Nikica Jelavic.”

Stoke striker Beattie held talks with Walter Smith and Bain last night having arrived in Glasgow for a look around, but returned south with no deal done.

A fee of around £1.3m has been agreed, but Beattie is on £35,000-per-week and Stoke may have to offer him a sweetener to leave.

Blackburn are believed to be trying to hijack Gers’ move. Beattie’s agent Mike Morris said: “Negotiations will continue today.”

Meantime, despite matching the £1.5m fee quoted by Portsmouth for Smith, Rangers have still to hear back from the club.

Martin Bain anguish.gif

Can you explain the Anguish over Bain in this whole saga.

He has done fuck all wrong here, we have a greed a fee with Rapid, we have agreed wages with Jelavic .. the deal is done, then Jelvic decides to demand a slice of the transfer fee from Rapid which brings the whole thing to a halt.

Where in all that is there any blame that can be apportioned to Bain ???

He has done fuck all wrong here, we have a greed a fee with Rapid, we have agreed wages with Jelavic .. the deal is done, then Jelvic decides to demand a slice of the transfer fee from Rapid which brings the whole thing to a halt.

Logic wont stop the doom and gloomers having a go.

none of us know what he said or did in this whole saga but aside from this deal

hes fucking useless

actually hes embarrassing

he just doesnt have it, his negotiating skills are obviously very very poor, hes an amateur

I do not want to spread hatred,BUT Ranges is NOT catolic club! So FUCK story about Jelavic !!! Celtic is catolic club,so he can come to fuckin Celtic! Rangers scout service is so bad. On the market are many good players,and they were tied for a couple of names. I'm sick of it. WATP !

it does seem to be Jelavic holding things up but we don't really know...Rapid don't really want to lose him right now as the fans gave them a lot of grief for selling their best player last year so I read in a local report

its not looking great we have been told we won't get Smith 'cheap' and no idea whats going on with Beattie right now

I do not want to spread hatred,BUT Ranges is NOT catolic club! So FUCK story about Jelavic !!! Celtic is catolic club,so he can come to fuckin Celtic! Rangers scout service is so bad. On the market are many good players,and they were tied for a couple of names. I'm sick of it. WATP !

religion is for dinosaurs mate, there is no place for religion in football

:wink:

he can come to celtic? :wink:

I wonder if Martin Bain's wages could have covered Jelavic fee. The guy is a disgrace as a human being. It's about time the Rangers fans got together and take over the club because the clowns that are running it just now don't have a clue. They tell us we're skint and we go and sign a 32 year old dud. How embarassing. I'll be amazed if a 32 year old injury prone striker could lead us the whole season even Drogba can't do that. Get realistic fans the whole Jelavic deal was a cover up to bring this clown in. Poor show. The teams fine without him we should be wrapping barazite up and get a loan signing in.

I wonder if Martin Bain's wages could have covered Jelavic fee. The guy is a disgrace as a human being. It's about time the Rangers fans got together and take over the club because the clowns that are running it just now don't have a clue. They tell us we're skint and we go and sign a 32 year old dud. How embarassing. I'll be amazed if a 32 year old injury prone striker could lead us the whole season even Drogba can't do that. Get realistic fans the whole Jelavic deal was a cover up to bring this clown in. Poor show. The teams fine without him we should be wrapping barazite up and get a loan signing in.

martin bain is on 300k a year, jela would have cost 4m and 20k a week in wages probs

worst thing that could happen to us, fans taking over

yes the clowns running us dont have a clue, but the fans are not the answer, far from it

were not skint, far from it

i dont care if the Jela deal was a cover, we will get someone else, im positive of that, the only things that done for me was make Bain look even more stupid than i think he is now and show the world how much we can spend

go back for eagles and get barazite, i will be happy, still leaves around 4 or 5m to spend :) on maybe a left back and another striker <cr> maybe

doh(td)