The feelgood factor is creeping back.

pcbear

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

A few wee shards of light starting to appear from a long hard struggle, but with these restraints just starting to lift it brings new pressures and more expectations.

Have we learned for this, time will tell.

Not on the face of it, to be honest. I was expecting us to buy decent young prospects we could sell at a profit instead of players like Beattie.

But, we will see.

Not on the face of it, to be honest. I was expecting us to buy decent young prospects we could sell at a profit instead of players like Beattie.

But, we will see.

the problem is mate, that these young talents cost a fortune, look at jelavic and the struggle to get him

because of our backwater league, signing these talents is a nitemare

the problem is mate, that these young talents cost a fortune, look at jelavic and the struggle to get him

I know, I realise that. That's why I am pleased with the Beattie deal.

I just dont want us to go back down the same road of expensive short term signings after finally coming out the other side.

But, we will see.

With an injury-free season, he will do ok for us. His best days seem to be gone, he scored over half of his career goals while at Southampton, but hopefully he will hit a purple patch. He's certainly not one for future though, which would have been preferable.

Smith - not good enough, injury prone, no use

Beasley - crap, injury prone, no use

Novo - a sub, couldnt play 90mins, essentially not good enough

Boyd - lump of wood, lazy, useless in hard games, invisible in OF games and not trusted in europe

Thomson - injury prone, suspension prone, wanted more money

Wilson - young kid, done nothing yet, got bounced about by men on the park

is that it?

we have kept ALL our best players, no worries from me, im happy with who left, shame 1 or 2 more couldnt have followed them

(tu)

With an injury-free season, he will do ok for us. His best days seem to be gone, he scored over half of his career goals while at Southampton, but hopefully he will hit a purple patch. He's certainly not one for future though, which would have been preferable.

I dont doubt he'll score goals for us if he stays fit. A younger player would've been preferable, I agree.

Not entirely true, if our scouting network was up to scratch as it should be for the size of club we are. Then we would have been able to find the bargains that are going about.

For instance in the UK market, Adel Taarabt went to QPR for £1 million.

Do they really cost that much tho?

in your opinion

went off the boil for me, missed so many games too, i much prefer edu and davis

we are well shot of those who left

(tu)

Of course it's my opinion, that's why I said it. :sherlock:

Thomson was only 25 with the best years ahead. Though I'd rather lose him now for a fee than a year from now for nothing.

To say he wasn't one of our best players is just wrong.

in your opinion

went off the boil for me, missed so many games too, i much prefer edu and davis

we are well shot of those who left

(tu)

Agreed i prefer Davis and Edu. Thomson was good but far too rash in the challenge becoming injury prone in the process and picking up silly bookings.

He has had a few serious injuries now and im pretty sure that will come back to haunt him in the near future

A few wee shards of light starting to appear from a long hard struggle, but with these restraints just starting to lift it brings new pressures and more expectations.

Have we learned from this, time will tell.

What seems to have been missed is that we still have basically the same starting 11 that won the League.Sure we need to give depth to the squad and I am sure Walter and Co will do that before the end of the window.We won the League last year by a country mile and I have seen nothing in Lennon's signings that frightens me.Timmy can shout his mouth off but we are the Champions and we are good enough to do it again.

Of course it's my opinion, that's why I said it. :sherlock:

Thomson was only 25 with the best years ahead. Though I'd rather lose him now for a fee than a year from now for nothing.

To say he wasn't one of our best players is just wrong.

mcgregor, bougherra, davis, edu, whittaker and for me, fleck :)

they are our best players, so for me, he wasnt 1 of our best players, just a decent squad player

all about opinions though

;)

Thomson hardly picked up 'silly' bookings. He only recieved 24 in his Rangers career.

How come when Thomson picks up a yellow card, it's a silly/stupid booking, yet when McCulloch does it, he get's a round of applause?

Agreed i prefer Davis and Edu. Thomson was good but far too rash in the challenge becoming injury prone in the process and picking up silly bookings.

He has had a few serious injuries now and im pretty sure that will come back to haunt him in the near future

agreed

(tu)

dont know if we've learned anything . we were told beattie type signings were a thing of the past. we need to be better at finding raw talent and developing it. how do we miss out on young players like dorrans he goes for 125 grand and becomes a 6 mill player in 2 seasons , need to get a better scouting system in place