Jelavic deal back on with work permit panel set to meet

If we are still after Jelavic then I don't know why Beattie was brought in. Means one of Jelavic, Miller or Beattie sits on the bench, and we don't have that sort of money to be spening on a player who could spend sometime on the bench. I hope we do get Jelavic, because I'm not too keen on Beattie, never really have been.

you do understand that not all our players can play and having someone on the bench is the norm in football, it is a long season

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Rapid accepted a bid, did they not?

Sounds to me like we're some way from meeting Jelavic's wage demands even though our original offer tripled his wage. And is he definitely entitled to this six figure pay off? I thought there was a dispute between him and the club regarding that.

Same shite from them tho - they do it alot seeminly. Its their way of saying to the fans "we are trying our best to keep him" when in reality all they have done is hidden the pen to sign the release forms

Beattie's strength is his abilty to challenge in the air for the ball. Would be useless out on the right.

Lafferty played left midfield for Burnley.

It was not a surprise to see Walter play him there.

4-3-1-2, doesn't solve the width problem

I know what you're saying though. I just think those 3 upfront in a strikers formation would be amazing.

Is Jelavic better than what we have? Yes

Can we get rid of Velicka when Jelavic signs? Yes

Whats the problem?

Are we going to put Velicka in concrete welly boots and throw him in the lake at Strathy? Who in their right mind would want him?

Unless we need to go down the route of paying him off :anguish:

Are we going to put Velicka in concrete welly boots and throw him in the lake at Strathy? Who in their right mind would want him?

Unless we need to go down the route of paying him off :anguish:

Im sure someone would be interested in taking him from us.

I know we need wingers, but when you get the opportunity to sign a great player (Regardless of where they play) you have to take it.

We need to improve all areas of the team and Jelavic will certainly improve the strikeforce.

I don't consider Loy + Little as first team strikers.

The only out and out strikers we have at the moment are Miller and Beattie.

Miller, Beattie and Jelavic, with Naismith and Lafferty able to come in and do a job suddenly makes our striker options more appealing.

I think we might loan out Fleck and Velicka this season if Jelavic comes in.

With naismith scoring and being Walters signing then he'll be up the pecking order now....unless he wants to turn Fleck and Lafferty into wingers and have 2 of these lads miller/Jelavic/Beattie up front...

Im sure someone would be interested in taking him from us.

I know we need wingers, but when you get the opportunity to sign a great player (Regardless of where they play) you have to take it.

We need to improve all areas of the team and Jelavic will certainly improve the strikeforce.

I don't consider Loy + Little as first team strikers.

The only out and out strikers we have at the moment are Miller and Beattie.

Miller, Beattie and Jelavic, with Naismith and Lafferty able to come in and do a job suddenly makes our striker options more appealing.

I hope someone would take him, but I'm not so sure after that last injury.

Miller, Beattie, Jelavic, Lafferty, Naismith, Fleck - even just one natural winger would make a big difference.

Weiss on loan from Man City is such a good shout, I'm amazed we haven't been linked.

Did you watch the game yesterday?

I think people are too obsessed with being able to tell the office taig that we've spent £4m on a single player rather than actually looking at what this squad needs.

Naismith, Miller, Fleck, Lafferty, Beattie, Velicka and even Rory Loy are all capable of playing up front. Do we need another striker?

Yes as Jelly is far better them all of them including Miller, and has a far higher resale value.

where is this new information coming from call me cynical but the amount of made up garbage in todays papers is staggering these so called journalists should be held accountable for what they write the russian buyout is the biggest load of bull i have ever heard who's breaking the story about jelavic wouldn't be surprised if that was just made up.

Why the fuck do hings like this drag on so much...give them the money if u want him, if its too much then fuck it look elsewhere :doh: Its doing ma tits in <cr>

<cr>

hows timshill nowadays andy? i used to nip a wee burd fae there

;)