Rangers Traditions

minstral

I think it is important to be careful about how we celebrate these traditions. We live in very PC times so we need to respect that and not cause any offence to those who are offended by these things. As long as its done in a PC manner then all fans will be more than happy to celebrate these traditions.

And we're off... :lol:

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think it is important to be careful about how we celebrate these traditions. We live in very PC times so we need to respect that and not cause any offence to those who are offended by these things. As long as its done in a PC manner then all fans will be more than happy to celebrate these traditions.

Not one of your better efforts. ;-)

Sorry but I am not fishing and why anyone would think I am is beyond me. Its the celebrating of these traditions that got us into bother and surely we dont want that now do we? If we arent being PC we run the risk of causing offence and do we really want that?

Rangers is Traditionaly Protestant and British

There is no other Tradition and if you say there is then spit it out

because in my mind the only other tradition it could be is from the otherside.

Sorry but I am not fishing and why anyone would think I am is beyond me. Its the celebrating of these traditions that got us into bother and surely we dont want that now do we? If we arent being PC we run the risk of causing offence and do we really want that?

This one is even worse than the first attempt tbh.

(td)

Surely the most important traditions are a loyalty to the crown, ulster, and the memory of King William and the brethren who did join at the Battle of the Boyne.

:craphead:

[someone tells you to be PC and you accept it?

Is that how Protestants evolved by doing as others want them to do.

I will give you one example of the utter hypocrisy of this PC stupidity that is engulfing our country.

Saturday at Inverness the Celtic fans start singing about being in "Paddy McCourt's F*nian Army"

Nothing is said in the media about it and NO ONE has the balls to call it offensive or sectarian.

Now we on the other hand are called bigots for being up to our knees in F*nian Blood or calling Celtic F*nian Bastards.

It's not so much the right to sing such songs that gets on my nerves but the blatant double standards that says it's ok to call yourself a F*nian inside a football ground but you're a bigot for calling them F*nian Bastards?

Ok not the most savoury chants you will find but a football stadium is not one for the finishing school luvvies.

If someone calls themeselves a F*nian then i reserve the right to call them a F*nian Bastard in return.

I will give you one example of the utter hypocrisy of this PC stupidity that is engulfing our country.

Saturday at Inverness the Celtic fans start singing about being in "Paddy McCourt's F*nian Army"

Nothing is said in the media about it and NO ONE has the balls to call it offensive or sectarian.

Now we on the other hand are called bigots for being up to our knees in F*nian Blood or calling Celtic F*nian Bastards.

It's not so much the right to sing such songs that gets on my nerves but the blatant double standards that says it's ok to call yourself a F*nian inside a football ground but you're a bigot for calling them F*nian Bastards?

Ok not the most savoury chants you will find but a football stadium is not one for the finishing school luvvies.

If someone calls themeselves a F*nian then i reserve the right to call them a F*nian Bastard in return.

Rangers is Traditionaly Protestant and British

There is no other Tradition and if you say there is then spit it out

because in my mind the only other tradition it could be is from the otherside.

But you arent the most open minded of people really, are you?

(tu) Here Here

PC is becoming boring it makes no sense.

Would you use the same reasoning with the word 'n***er'?

Why shouldn't you....and why twist it away from the word F*nian?

If a black person calls themself a n***er then he or she cannot complain if others call them by that term?

Same as a handwringer....

Aye especially when you want to refer to one of Rangers playes using derogatory racist language

That saying Eminem calls all his homies by that term so whats the difference?

Dignity

Sportsmanship

Vision

Unionist

Protestant

Loyalist

Inclusive

To be the Best

I would also add Respectful to this list.

Also for me the tradition is following the team my father and grandfather supported and doing so in a manner they would be proud of.

That saying Eminem calls all his homies by that term so whats the difference?

Does it make it right? No, esecially when its used against one of our players, someone who has done a good job for us and enjoys playing for the Rangers.