Rangers Traditions

minstral

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Do you believe the that Rangers are a Traditionally Protestant cultured Football Club and if so why be ashamed of showing it?

I'm not ashamed of that. I just dont think that protestant culture is the be all and end all of the club. Its one of many factors that makes our club the greatest in the world.

I love the way you handwringer cunts have turned this thread on its head.

ITS NOT ABOUT USING THE WORD "BLACK PERSON".

Its about Rangers Tradition which hurts you and thats the only reason why you like to ruin threads like this with your shite.

I'm not ashamed of that. I just dont think that protestant culture is the be all and end all of the club. Its one of many factors that makes our club the greatest in the world.

End OF.

im athiest, love rangers and respect its traditions but the main tradition for me is winning, we will always have our history and traditions and fans that keep this traditions going but in honesty rangers has a vast array of fans from many different beliefs and backgrounds, cange happens everywhere but history will forever be there

You think using the word "n***er" shows backbone or balls? Racial abuse only shows up a lack of intelligence. :rolleyes:

Read the thread carefully this time and point out where i said i would call someone by that word.

Then when you don't find it i can then tell you that since TWB twisted the thread as he is prone to do and deflected from the F*nian issue.I can then state that what i said was if a black person called themselves by the N word then why should they take offence when someone else calls them it.

I didn't say i would call them it and i didn't advocate using it.

So once you have read through it and realised you are wrong i will accept your apology then talk about the Traditions of Rangers.

All this looking backwards - sigh - and called an eejit without a post sigh!. Still not being called Spiers yet in this thread so life is good.

So what do you think about the Protestant tradition of Rangers?

Read the thread carefully this time and point out where i said i would call someone by that word.

Then when you don't find it i can then tell you that since TWB twisted the thread as he is prone to do and deflected from the F*nian issue.I can then state that what i said was if a black person called themselves by the N word then why should they take offence when someone else calls them it.

I didn't say i would call them it and i didn't advocate using it.

So once you have read through it and realised you are wrong i will accept your apology then talk about the Traditions of Rangers.

Do you have even the slightest knowledge of why some black people came to refer to themselves as "niggers"? Go read up on it then perhaps we can have a proper debate on it elsewhere in the forum.

Now, to get back to the subject this thread s supposed to be about, I would list dignity, loyalty, honesty and integrity at the top of any list of Rangers Traditions. Along with winning obviously! :21:

Or are you part of the PC brigade that the Labour government have created to take away the fact that they have eradicated the British indigenous people

Oh dear. I can't help but think of Eddie Izzard's 'Mongrel Nation' series when I here clap-trap about Britains 'indigenous' people.

All this looking backwards - sigh - and called an eejit without a post sigh!. Still not being called Spiers yet in this thread so life is good.

It's not about looking backwards, it's about educating each new generation, and showing them the qualities which have made The Rangers great.

Do you have even the slightest knowledge of why some black people came to refer to themselves as "niggers"? Go read up on it then perhaps we can have a proper debate on it elsewhere in the forum.

Now, to get back to the subject this thread s supposed to be about, I would list dignity, loyalty, honesty and integrity at the top of any list of Rangers Traditions. Along with winning obviously! :21:

Why they choose to call themselves by that word is immaterial to the debate.Same when a Celtic fan calls themself a F*nian.

The main crux of my argument is that if anyone calls themself by a nicknmae or colloquial term then they cannot take offence if someone uses that same term to address them.

If a Celtic fan sings about being part of Paddy McCourts F*nian Army are you then saying it is wrong to call him a F*nian git,bastard,wanker or any other impolite term?

It's not about looking backwards, it's about educating each new generation, and showing them the qualities which have made The Rangers great.

what makes us great is winning and being succesfull imo

Oh dear. I can't help but think of Eddie Izzard's 'Mongrel Nation' series when I here clap-trap about Britains 'indigenous' people.

Right lets get this out

The meaning of "indigenous" doesn't mean that we are made from one race because Britain as we all should know has been invaded by a numerous of other races

in the past which would make us Mongrels by now.

The difference and the reason i used that term there now was because before Labour the people living here even from whatever race considered themselves as British.

Now what you have is communities consider themselves as Pakistani, Indian, Polish, Irish, but not one mention of them being British now ask yourself that question why?

And you would realise i didn't add African in that list the reason why because most of them if born here would consider themselves as British i wonder why?

Maybe because its a privilege and allot better for them to do so.

The rest of them Races should take a leaf from them instead of trying to change the "INDIGENOUS" peoples life's also.

These arguments often fall apart on this point - nationalities are not races.

Welcome to real world.

They are when its on a piece of government paper saying tick what race you are...

Theres about a whole list of different Races most of them i agree with you are nationalities but to them in Britain they're races

PC you see.

Why us though? Why not Queen's Park or Hibs?

It's not all just down to luck.

never mantioned luck at all, i know having a massive fan base and all conributes and going by that notion we should embrace all kinds in our ranks to be greater? we are a great club due to the success this club has had and will continue in that vain

The unionist traditions of the club are only part of the fabric that makes Rangers Football Club what it is.

The Gallant Pioneers founded the club because they loved the sport. The club's winning mentality, dignity and taking pride in being the best over-rides everything else