Our Founder Peter Campbell and his 1879 Winners Medal.

Scary to think how many price-less items relating to our early years could be lying out there gathering dust.

How about forming :

The Founders Trail Metal Detection Club.

:lol:

How long before VB are interrogating you about what you do with any coins you find ;)

Maybe somebody was wearing it playing footie?

On that thought, what would you do if you found something like that?

I think I'd wear it.

I'd do exactly as this chap had done and try my best to pass it back to the correct owner.

My wife found a Victoria Cross while in Newcastle when she was digging in her back garden as a child. She did the same and made a family very happy indeed.

I'd do exactly as this chap had done and try my best to pass it back to the correct owner.

My wife found a Victoria Cross while in Newcastle when she was digging in her back garden as a child. She did the same and made a family very happy indeed.

I was assuming that no owner was found as in this case.

Well done to your wife, that must have been great for the owners.

(tu)

How amazing! I love the old medals. My favourite part of the trophy room is Mr Bob McPhail's medals.

That is a fantastic collection.

Peter Campbell's Medal is actually in The Blue Room.

We tell his tale during the Founders Trail and it's nice to be able to view his Medal at the end of our day.

I haven't been in Scotland since the Founders Trail was started. It will be one of the first things I do when I come back. I am very interested in the pre war history of the club, something I feel is ignored too much by young fans that are my age.

smiley-gen014.gif I applaud you sir, I wish more youngsters felt that way.

What a strange story! Thanks for posting.

Although not so young now the present owner received this from Dan Davies, Sports Consultant, Bonhams Auctioneers fairly recently,

‘The medal is certainly a part of Rangers history. A very rare item indeed. As a consequence very difficult to place an accurate valuation. Should it come on to the market, there would be considerable interest; any guide price for auction is likely to be immaterial, as it would find its level.’

I leave you to speculate on the reserve price he recommended, the owner is quite a special and unselfish gentleman.

WATP

Although not so young now the present owner received this from Dan Davies, Sports Consultant, Bonhams Auctioneers fairly recently,

The medal is certainly a part of Rangers history. A very rare item indeed. As a consequence very difficult to place an accurate valuation. Should it come on to the market, there would be considerable interest; any guide price for auction is likely to be immaterial, as it would find its level.

I leave you to speculate on the reserve price he recommended, the owner is quite a special and unselfish gentleman.

WATP

Thanks for that. The chap in question should feel very proud of himself for his selfless attitude.

It would be nice to think that if the medal, or other similar items, came up for auction, the club would top the bidding, ensuring that they were able to be enjoyed by the fans.

Scary to think how many price-less items relating to our early years could be lying out there gathering dust.

How about forming :

The Founders Trail Metal Detection Club. :lol:

The bheggars better join something like that this season cause thats the only way they will collect silverware. :sherlock:

when the pioneers founders website includes all rangers fans/websites/forums the OP might have a wee bit more respect from this bear

Petty, if that is the case.

I thought they had all been included when the website was launched.