Weiss

cooper1989

He looks the package but a few times he got the ball taken from him quite easily i thought. Still, that only happened 2/3 times, i like htis guy - shame we cant afford him properly!

Saw ooor Vladi tracking back today -- and made some fine tackles? For the Bears at the match.. How did he look?

Was it just the telly -- or did he do the biz defensively like I thought?

pretty sure that he also played ice hockey as a kid so that would help him with the rough side to scottish football (all being he looks lightweight)i'm sure with all his attacking instinct he will relish a good old 50-50 :clap:

He looks the package but a few times he got the ball taken from him quite easily i thought. Still, that only happened 2/3 times, i like htis guy - shame we cant afford him properly!

I think we might get him at the end of the season because city already have Milner who is 24 and cost £26 million, SWP who is 28 and cost £8.5 million, robinho who is 26 and cost £32.5 million, adam johnson who is 23 and cost about £9 million and Silva who is 24 and cost £25 million. They also have Tevez and Balotelli that can play wide if needed. So he will never get a game.

He played well. Caught a few times but at least he was trying to create.

Tracked back well and stole a few balls. Held off 2/3 players at one point and did well but needs to look for the pass a wee bit more when he's running into trouble. I immagine his enthusiasm was getting the better.

Pleased with him today though.

I think we might get him at the end of the season because city already have Milner who is 24 and cost £26 million, SWP who is 28 and cost £8.5 million, robinho who is 26 and cost £32.5 million, adam johnson who is 23 and cost about £9 million and Silva who is 24 and cost £25 million. They also have Tevez and Balotelli that can play wide if needed. So he will never get a game.

Yeah, maybe not for city but they will want atleast £8-£10m for him and its money we cant afford, but he will go to another prem club who will afford that. Shame really :(

I think he just loves having the ball and will do everything he can to get it. It's a nice thing to see from such a young player. Hopefully our youth players like Fleck will take notice of what it takes to break into the first team when your young.

It's not all about what you can do with the ball, it's more to do with what you do off it. This goes for tracking back, making tackles and winning the ball as well as moving into space and making yourself available. Hopefully Weiss will be beneficial to players like Fleck who have bags of ability but don't realise you need more than that to make it at Ibrox.

Maybe it will help Fleck when he is played on the left and who knows he may turn out to be quite good out there. I personally wouldn't mind giving Fleck a go on the left with Weiss on the right. Would be nice to see two young attacking players on the wings for us.

I think he just loves having the ball and will do everything he can to get it. It's a nice thing to see from such a young player. Hopefully our youth players like Fleck will take notice of what it takes to break into the first team when your young.

It's not all about what you can do with the ball, it's more to do with what you do off it. This goes for tracking back, making tackles and winning the ball as well as moving into space and making yourself available. Hopefully Weiss will be beneficial to players like Fleck who have bags of ability but don't realise you need more than that to make it at Ibrox.

Maybe it will help Fleck when he is played on the left and who knows he may turn out to be quite good out there. I personally wouldn't mind giving Fleck a go on the left with Weiss on the right. Would be nice to see two young attacking players on the wings for us.

(tu) agree that fleck must look to weiss and realise that he is what we expect from our up and coming players and it can only help him in his development as beforehand he was the one and only wonderkid.(danny wilson being in an other position albeit)>.

maybe the pair could hit it off and become wing kings, who knows, but im sure that steven naismith will have something to say about that, with that formation this season.

Only thing is Fleck isn't really a winger, he's best played playing just behind a striker in an attacking midfield role. I'd love to see Wylde on the Left wing and Jelavic on the right though.

Yeah Fleck isn't a winger but I really doubt he'll get a position upfront or in central midfield with the players we already have in these positions, so I think his best bet is to go for that left mid slot just now and slowly progress into a more central role.

In my opinion he has all the attributes to be an effective winger, not a brilliant one but an effective one. He has pace, loads of strength, great centre of gravity, can beat a man and his technique is good. It's there for everyone to see that his crossing isn't the best but this can be worked on. Another bonus is that he is naturally left footed which is something we need in the team.

I just don't think Wylde will get his chance this year but his time will come. Did you mean Weiss on the right?

Yeah Fleck isn't a winger but I really doubt he'll get a position upfront or in central midfield with the players we already have in these positions, so I think his best bet is to go for that left mid slot just now and slowly progress into a more central role.

In my opinion he has all the attributes to be an effective winger, not a brilliant one but an effective one. He has pace, loads of strength, great centre of gravity, can beat a man and his technique is good. It's there for everyone to see that his crossing isn't the best but this can be worked on. Another bonus is that he is naturally left footed which is something we need in the team.

I just don't think Wylde will get his chance this year but his time will come. Did you mean Weiss on the right?

When Fleck first started for the first team he really impressed in the wing position but expectation was far to high from a lot of fans and he slowly faded away, with so many options on the left side I can't see him getting many chances this season though. I hope that Walter uses the Cup games to maybe test some of the youth and with Fleck playing just behind the Miller or Jelavic as they may need to be relied on later on in the season.

Yes I meant Weiss :lol: Had a few tonight so getting a wee bit mixed up, I recken Wylde on the left and Weiss on the right would be cracking though.

When Fleck first started for the first team he really impressed in the wing position but expectation was far to high from a lot of fans and he slowly faded away, with so many options on the left side I can't see him getting many chances this season though. I hope that Walter uses the Cup games to maybe test some of the youth and with Fleck playing just behind the Miller or Jelavic as they may need to be relied on later on in the season.

Yes I meant Weiss :lol: Had a few tonight so getting a wee bit mixed up, I recken Wylde on the left and Weiss on the right would be cracking though.

Yeah I thought you may have typed the wrong name :lol:

I wouldn't mind seeing Wylde and Weiss on either wing to be honest. Can Wylde switch over and play on the right though? As Weiss seems to like to switch between right and left as the game goes on.

It will be interesting to see what is on the cards for our youth players this year.

Hopefully City continue to buy even more superstars in the coming transfer windows (Jan & next Summer) therefore perhaps allowing us to loan Weiss for a further year.

Either that or Mancini gets the sack at the end of the season and the new manager doesn't want him and we get him on the cheap with the CL cash although it's more hope & optimism than reality tbh.

If we managed to get a similar player for the left flank we'd do damage in both the SPL and in Europe with Walter expected to play a 4-5-1 formation in the CL.

that wide left position will be our staggered player position this season whether it be naismith,lafferty,wylde,fleck etc (if all are fit).

i agree that giving the strength of our full starting 11 fleck will not have a chance up front.

but hey back to the op i think we have a real wee terrier there :angry:

he done superb at times getting back and winning the ball/making a good tackle and not giving a free-kick away like the usual wingers do, however he was wasted on the left imo, we wanted a winger to run to the line and get crosses in, or running down the line and cutting in front with a good chance of getting a foul, but playing him on the left means running down the line then cutting back onto his right foot which was to obvious imo, really hope he gets games on the right

Hopefully City continue to buy even more superstars in the coming transfer windows (Jan & next Summer) therefore perhaps allowing us to loan Weiss for a further year.

Either that or Mancini gets the sack at the end of the season and the new manager doesn't want him and we get him on the cheap with the CL cash although it's more hope & optimism than reality tbh.

If we managed to get a similar player for the left flank we'd do damage in both the SPL and in Europe with Walter expected to play a 4-5-1 formation in the CL.

Unfortunately it seems that City think they have bought enough for a couple of years and will just add the odd hallmark player. But they still have to make a decision on Weiss future.

Eighteen months ago we were fighting a relegation battle. To become contenders in Europe and domestically we had to improve the squad. We are in a position now where we can compete. Whether it is jealousy or surprise, everybody has an opinion about our club at the moment.

"We're just trying to get on with building something sustainable. We feel the players we bought this summer will be the future for the next four or five years for City. Our squad probably averages out at 24-25. We've got a bright future

"We are also investing quite heavily in our Academy. We know that you can't just keep going on spending in the realms that we have spent over the last 12-18 months.''