Brave soldier guest of honour at Ibrox

29/08/2010

30rqu60.jpg

WOUNDED squaddie Gary Jamieson was in Blue Heaven this week - as he met his footie heroes at Ibrox.

Taliban bomb blast victim Gary, 30, from Stonehouse, Lanarkshire, visited the Glasgow club this week and chatted to boss Walter Smith and new signing Nikica Jelavic, 25, at a day organised by the champs.

The brave Scots Guards squaddie was also the club's guest of honour at yesterday's SPL clash against St Johnstone, which the Blues won 2-1.

Last night Ibrox season ticket holder Gary beamed: "I had an absolutely fantastic time meeting the lads."

Gary lost both legs and his left arm in a terrifying roadside blast in Afghanistan in April. We told last month how he returned home to a hero's welcome after 11 painful weeks in hospital.

Last night Walter, 62, said: "Meeting Gary has been a truly humbling experience. He's a real-life hero."

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/scottish/scottish_sport/924940/Squaddie-Gary-Jamiesons-invited-to-Ibrox-after-surviving-road-side-bomb.html

Fantastic,the fact our club can put a smile on this heroes face after what he's been through and dealing with says it all

:21:

As a serving serviceman myself it is heartening to see our club and supporter's wonderful attitude to our Armed Forces. This man truly is a hero and I'm proud of my club for treating him with the reverance and respect that he truly deserves.