Steven Whittaker's fitness?

covenanter

Simply, will Whittaker be fit for Saturday's noon kick-off against the Hamilton Snackies at New Douglas Park?

Further, Rangers have had four players fully involved in Scotland's two international matches, another two part participating. Throw in Steve Davis and Lafferty in Slovenia last week, Vladimir Weiss, .........etc? A small squad and all that, will Walter be tempted to rest a few before the exacting test that is Old Trafford?

The paucity of squad numbers may mean we cannot rest anyone, particularly since two(Webster and Fleck) of the accepted 17 are injured. I suspect Saturday's bench may be most inexperienced.

Simply, will Whittaker be fit for Saturday's noon kick-off against the Hamilton Snackies at New Douglas Park?

Further, Rangers have had four players fully involved in Scotland's two international matches, another two part participating. Throw in Steve Davis and Lafferty in Slovenia last week, Vladimir Weiss, .........etc? A small squad and all that, will Walter be tempted to rest a few before the exacting test that is Old Trafford?

The paucity of squad numbers may mean we cannot rest anyone, particularly since two(Webster and Fleck) of the accepted 17 are injured. I suspect Saturday's bench may be most inexperienced.

This early in the season there should be absolutely no need for resting players.

This early in the season there should be absolutely no need for resting players.

I could possibly agree with him resting the 40 year old captain, but outwith that I completely agree.

It's only Hamilton. I know I shouldn't be saying that after attending the 3-3 last year, but they've been utter guff this year and we should smack them.

Rest players ahead of a trip to Old Trafford? Fuck that, the League is our priority.

Trickie Dickie Foster will fill in for Whittaker at RB, Sasa, Davie and Boughy will make up the defence.

McCulloch Davis Naismith and Weiss should be the midfield with Jelavic and Beattie upfront. Doubt he will play Miller as his hamstrings/shin splints were supposed to restrict his training after a midweek match. Or so the meeja told us pre-season :sherlock:

I could possibly agree with him resting the 40 year old captain, but outwith that I completely agree.

It's only Hamilton. I know I shouldn't be saying that after attending the 3-3 last year, but they've been utter guff this year and we should smack them.

I think to all intents and purposes he will be resting Weir as I don't think he will be training as such with playing 4 games in 13 days. This is sensible, but for the others the more games they get in at this stage the better.

thats all we need tho is to go 2 the accies and get a few injuries

Injuries are part and parcel of football, our squad is thin but we have to get on with it. How would you feel if we rested a few players and dropped points to Hamilton, only to go out and get pumped by Man Utd anyway? The league is the numero uno priority this season. Win 3 in a row under the circumstances we find ourselves in and the Tims will implode on a massive scale. They are already declaring that the league this year is a must.

Injuries are part and parcel of football, our squad is thin but we have to get on with it. How would you feel if we rested a few players and dropped points to Hamilton, only to go out and get pumped by Man Utd anyway? The league is the numero uno priority this season. Win 3 in a row under the circumstances we find ourselves in and the Tims will implode on a massive scale. They are already declaring that the league this year is a must.

dnt get me wrng i know the spl is the top of our list but in games like this we should be winning and with what i have seen of the young lads on the bench so far i dont see y we shouldnt get them on for games like this. miby starting wylde and some of the others it will also see how they can cope with the season.

Auld man Weir is fit as a butcher's dog.

if he is not fit for Saturdays game we cold just play Ricky at right back? and also through in a few youngsters to get a run, its not as if there is anything to lose against Hamilton