In your life time

1st_Jan_1994

Sionko was pish, had 1 good game against Motherwell then fucked off into obscurity.

Beasley is another player who's all of a sudden became better now he's away. I knew it would happen.

Probably is a little harsh on Beasley (I said that in my first post) but can someone think of a worse left winger?

Rothen

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sionko was pish, had 1 good game against Motherwell then fucked off into obscurity.

Beasley is another player who's all of a sudden became better now he's away. I knew it would happen.

Probably is a little harsh on Beasley (I said that in my first post) but can someone think of a worse left winger?

Think injury marred his time with us, not sure if people think hes worse than he actually was because PLG signed him but he played well at times in a difficult position.

Ive always thought Beasley was a good player and have defended him whilst he was playing aswell. Him and Hemdani ran the show against Lyon away, best away performance Ive ever seen and been at. He was a quality player at times. Unfortunately with injuries and the way the SPL teams are set up and play he wasnt able to hit true consistency.

Namouchi who was often played on the wings was much worse. Capucho aswell was played on the left and he was worse.

Edit - Rothen aswell, just seen the post above, he was worse aswell. Weve not had a decent left winger in years

Think injury marred his time with us, not sure if people think hes worse than he actually was because PLG signed him but he played well at times in a difficult position.

Ive always thought Beasley was a good player and have defended him whilst he was playing aswell. Him and Hemdani ran the show against Lyon away, best away performance Ive ever seen and been at. He was a quality player at times. Unfortunately with injuries and the way the SPL teams are set up and play he wasnt able to hit true consistency.

Namouchi who was often played on the wings was much worse. Capucho aswell was played on the left and he was worse.

Edit - Rothen aswell, just seen the post above, he was worse aswell. Weve not had a decent left winger in years

I remember him getting an injury, but I remember him being pish before the injury aswell.

I don't agree him and Hemdani ran the show against Lyon. Cousin, Weir and Ferguson, for me. It's about opinions though.

Capucho was a right winger, not left.

I remember him getting an injury, but I remember him being pish before the injury aswell.

I don't agree him and Hemdani ran the show against Lyon. Cousin, Weir and Ferguson, for me. It's about opinions though.

Capucho was a right winger, not left.

Agree to Disagree and all that

He was mostly a right winger but Im sure he featured on the left for us in a few games.

Agree to Disagree and all that

He was mostly a right winger but Im sure he featured on the left for us in a few games.

He probably did mate. The same as Namouchi appeared on the left. But I went for a 4-4-2 with everyone playing in their natural positions.

I'm sure I could try and fit just about every player I disliked into any position that was left blank because I couldn't think of an alternative ;)

Rothen has or had European class talent in there somewhere. We never saw it unfortunately.

There was a game he started at Ibrox. 0-0 draw, against Aberdeen, I think.

The first half he was whipping in some fantastic balls and if big Boyd wasn't such a lazy bastard we would have been 3 or 4 up at half time.

I think Rothen was made a bit of a scape goat for our European campaign as he was meant to be player we brought in to do something in the Champions League. The second half in Stuttgart I thought he was superb.

Everyone sees the game differently and no-doubt someone will say to me I just think he's a better player than he was now that he's gone (like I said with Beasley a few posts ago) but I do think he was decent.

There was a game he started at Ibrox. 0-0 draw, against Aberdeen, I think.

The first half he was whipping in some fantastic balls and if big Boyd wasn't such a lazy bastard we would have been 3 or 4 up at half time.

I think Rothen was made a bit of a scape goat for our European campaign as he was meant to be player we brought in to do something in the Champions League. The second half in Stuttgart I thought he was superb.

Everyone sees the game differently and no-doubt someone will say to me I just think he's a better player than he was now that he's gone (like I said with Beasley a few posts ago) but I do think he was decent.

Each to their own, but I'd have had Beasley in my team before I let Rothen have a sniff of first team action.

GK Andy Goram

RB Alan Hutton

CB Majhid Bougherra

CB Carlos Cuellar

LB Arthur Numan

RM Weiss

CM Paul Gascoigne

CM Gio van Bronckhorst

LM Brian Laudrup

CF Ally McCoist

CF Mark Hateley

Worst XI

Goalkeeper - Lionel Letizi

Right back - Oliver Bernard

Left back - Micheal Ball

Center half - Karl Svensson

Center half - FanFan

Right midfield - Libor Sionko.

Left midfield - Namouchi.

Center midfield - Faye

Center midfield - Emerson

Striker - Filip Sebo.

Striker - Franny Jeffers

Wiess? You taking the piss?

Laudrup at LM aswell?

The problem with picking between left wingers is that we've hardly had one since Neil McCann.

Beasley wasn't a bad player, he just wasn't suited to getting kicked rib-high by the cloggers in this league. It was made worse by the referees just standing there allowing it.

The problem with picking between left wingers is that we've hardly had one since Neil McCann.

Beasley wasn't a bad player, he just wasn't suited to getting kicked rib-high by the cloggers in this league. It was made worse by the referees just standing there allowing it.

Even at that, mate, he would sometimes struggle to trap a simple ball and went into hiding. Hogging the touch line and passing the ball back/to the nearest man like it was a hot potato.

Even at that, mate, he would sometimes struggle to trap a simple ball and went into hiding. Hogging the touch line and passing the ball back/to the nearest man like it was a hot potato.

He was a confidence player, no doubt. I personally think wingers at Rangers have had a hard time of it since McCann and Laudrup. As soon as the Ibrox faithful see the word 'winger', they expect them to be of the same style as the aforementioned two.

Rothen got stick because he wasn't fast. Beasley got stick because he kept possession more than risking losing the ball by going past a player.

He wasn't a great player though, I completely agree. Perhaps not the worst, but we've had so few left wingers in recent years!

He was a confidence player, no doubt. I personally think wingers at Rangers have had a hard time of it since McCann and Laudrup. As soon as the Ibrox faithful see the word 'winger', they expect them to be of the same style as the aforementioned two.

Rothen got stick because he wasn't fast. Beasley got stick because he kept possession more than risking losing the ball by going past a player.

He wasn't a great player though, I completely agree. Perhaps not the worst, but we've had so few left wingers in recent years!

Yeah defo a confidence player. Confidence players have no place at Ibrox. Many times the chips will be down or we will be playing shite. Confidence players are luxuries (tu)

Yeah defo a confidence player. Confidence players have no place at Ibrox. Many times the chips will be down or we will be playing shite. Confidence players are luxuries (tu)

Agreed mate. Maybe that what Levein was talking about earlier in the week when he said that flair was a 'risk', but I totally agree with you.

We can be a pretty hard crowd to play in front of sometimes.

Best - klos , hutton cuellar bougherra numan , van bronkhurst (sp) hemdani ferguson albertz mols boyd

Would have put the likes of hatley mccoist and goram in there but I went for players that I actually remember playing ,and although I have see them I was about 7 or 8 at the time .

Also a lot of people will disagree with boyd but he done the job he was brought in to do and scored more goals for us than any other striker I really remember

Best-

Goram

Stevens

Numan

Gough

Cuellar

Gascoigne

van Bronckhurst

Laudrup

Hateley

McCoist

Cooper

Worst

Letizi

Ross

Stensaas

Svensson

Rodriguez

Malcolm

Mladenovic

Capucho

Gayle

Jeffers

Rothen

all the duds were relatively prominent for a while. svensson and rodriguez get the nod for THAT performance at east end park.

Gives me the shivers just looking at that team

Sionko- hid in an old firm game. gave it away a couple of times, got stick then started hiding behind big prso or defenders so as not to show himself as an option. Never forgave him.

Best:

GK: Andy Goram

RB: Alan Hutton

LB: Arthur Numan

CB: Carlos Cuellar

CB: Richard Gough

RM: Brian Laudrup

LM: Jorg Albertz

CM: Paul Gascoigne

CM: Stuart McCall

ST: Ally McCoist

ST: Gordon Durie

Worst:

GK: Lionel Letizi

RB: Kirk Broadfoot

LB: Olivier Bernard

CB: Karl Svensson

CB: Bert Konterman

RM: Nuno Capucho

LM: Bojan Djordjic

CM: Dragan Mladenovic

CM: Emerson

ST: Egil Ostenstad

ST: Francis Jeffers

Bolded an awful left winger there ;)

Fair enough mate (tu)

The way I was looking at it was that he produced absolutely nothing in his spell here, where was the likes of Namouchi, Beasley and Rothen all produced a decent display or two. Particularly Beasley, who towards the end of his spell was woeful but I think injuries really ended his chance of a good career here. It was very stop start.

I accept that two of those 3 had longer spells at Ibrox than Djordjic did.