Red Hand Saluters - Get it right or F**k Off

I was watching a slideshow the other day, and an image of Hitler doing a salute in a car alongside a bunch of soldiers doing the same appeared. A fellow Rangers fan remarked 'hahaha, look at all the Rangers fans'.

I hope my point isn't too subtle here.

I guess some of our fans just get drunk, and live their lives through that song "No one likes us, we don't care..." and feel it's their 'right' to do what they want! They don't understand the concept of Freedom and how it works! They attack others' Freedoms and then have the bloody nerve to use their hatred towards Rangers as a kind of some kind of rallying point... :craphead:

We need to get shot of that awful song - if we DON'T CARE - WE'RE F***ED! Simple!

Get rid of that song, stop using the Union Jack for 10 yrs or so (everyone knows we're proud to be British - we don't need to continually show it) and fly the St Andrews Flag!

Then we'll maybe get rid of those numpties that starting following us when the English were banned from Europe!

Stops using the Union Jack?? nothing wrong in using the Union Jack we are proud to show our British roots and its the flag of our country after all we are part of the Union!! If we stop taking Union Jacks to games why dont we just take white flags and say we surrender to the press and every1else who wants to have a dig at us

I'm proud to be British too - i think though that we've been held back by those fans that (when English Clubs were banned) followed us because they wanted hastle in Europe! They wanted to go abroad drink and use whatever pretext was available to them - they looked at Scottish clubs in Europe and thought "which Scottish team fly's the Union Jack and plays in Europe regularly?

A ten yr period or so without flying the UJ won't harm us but it may get shot of those who don't really support us - what's happening now is that we're supporting them, and giving them the opportunity to misbehave! We have to withdraw that support! They're pretty thick but i'd think ten yrs and it should sink in!!!!

then we can get back to norm and they'll passed back into the English system...

The idea put forward that these 'salutes' are actually Red Handed Salutes isn't to my mind good enough!

If it is that, then the easy way to avoid misinterpretation in future. is to wear a RED GLOVE! If you haven't one then just ask the sellers outside Ibrox to provide them, and before you know it they'll be on supply!

If it's "Jist the drink" that made them 'salute' - don't drink!

For us Rangers Supporters there can be NO EXCUSES!!!!

Nope nope nope nope.

An act of sheer folly....with the glove worn or not.

If you really want to support the good people of Nothern Ireland :-

1. Get involved on a personal level with some of the residents groups who are being driven from their homes

2. If you wish to do it at Ibrox - carry a Northern Ireland flag.

The last thing the people of Northern Ireland need to be associated with is any kind of symbol which can be construed with Nazism and heres why....

Nazis slur

The idea put forward that these 'salutes' are actually Red Handed Salutes isn't to my mind good enough!

If it is that, then the easy way to avoid misinterpretation in future. is to wear a RED GLOVE! If you haven't one then just ask the sellers outside Ibrox to provide them, and before you know it they'll be on supply!

Nope nope nope nope.

1. Get involved on a personal level with some of the residents groups who are being driven from their homes

The last thing the people of Northern Ireland which to be associated with is any kind of symbol which can be construed with Nazism and heres why....

Nazis slur

and probably the same way catholics brought their weans up to hate protestants, but she'll no say that will she

Nope nope nope nope.

The last thing the people of Northern Ireland need to be associated with is any kind of symbol which can be construed with Nazism and heres why....

Nazis slur

Thanks for the story!

There goes Mary McAleese's career - well IF she was a Protestant stating that, they'd've rounded on her to make her position untenable and milk it for every bit of PR possible! It would be "Countdown to the Sack"!

I guess my Point Of View is from a RFC stance - IF they're gonna do it they should use a Red Glove as that would at least give us an argument to put up!! As for how it relates to that story, i can see that in terms of 'linkage' it could be harmful but ultimately we can't really be responsible for how others view our actions!! You have to fight your corner and state your case and as someone else said earlier when Celtic sing their 'Hail, Hail...' we could create linkage with the Nazi's there but they'd fight their corner!

It's all about what 'open' and what's not!!!

Maybe i'm missing something from your viewpoint - can you clarify???

stupid bitch. I was never brought up to hate catholics at all, that incident was quickly swept under the carpet as usual. Anyway i wish people would stop the stupid "red hand salute" garbage. there is no need for it whatsoever. The media are already against us. just look at the lack of coverage of the celtic bottle throwing incidents compared to what happened in spain. Dont give them another excuse. Fly red hand flags if you want but the salutes look like nazi salutes and thats all the media will report them as.

stupid bitch. I was never brought up to hate catholics at all, that incident was quickly swept under the carpet as usual. Anyway i wish people would stop the stupid "red hand salute" garbage. there is no need for it whatsoever. The media are already against us. just look at the lack of coverage of the celtic bottle throwing incidents compared to what happened in spain. Dont give them another excuse. Fly red hand flags if you want but the salutes look like nazi salutes and thats all the media will report them as.

True that, end of. If the salutes are continued, even with Red gloves on, the media will write all about the "stubborn Rangers bigots who try to justify their Nazi salutes" blah blag blah. Don't give them the ammunition to begin with - just end the salutes, period.

I said it at the time, I was at the match in Israel with two nice Israeli lasses. Thank fuck they didn't notice those muppets and their salutes.

As D'Artagnan says there are plenty of ways to show support for Ulster.

Doing what looks like a nazi salute isn't one of them for me.

And guess what? For the rest of the world out there, if it looks like a duck and quacks........

True that, end of. If the salutes are continued, even with Red gloves on, the media will write all about the "stubborn Rangers bigots who try to justify their Nazi salutes" blah blag blah. Don't give them the ammunition to begin with - just end the salutes, period.

(tu) They aint needed.

I said it at the time, I was at the match in Israel with two nice Israeli lasses. Thank fuck they didn't notice those muppets and their salutes.

As D'Artagnan says there are plenty of ways to show support for Ulster.

Doing what looks like a nazi salute isn't one of them for me.

And guess what? For the rest of the world out there, if it looks like a duck and quacks........

The red hand salute has been around a lot longer than the nazi salute so why is it mistaken.

As far as Im concerned when someone does the nazi it should be mistaken for the red hand so feck them all

WE ARE THE PEOPLE

there is no place at Ibrox for the red hand salute. It will only hurt the club. Simple.

You need to wake up to this fact FISH.

UEFA have clearly stated they do not have any concerns over it so I dont understand why you guyz make out there is a problem me old son of a gun

Relax and go with the flow...the water is lovely :Animation44:

there is no place at Ibrox for the red hand salute. It will only hurt the club. Simple.

UEFA have clearly stated they do not have any concerns over it so I dont understand why you guyz make out there is a problem me old son of a gun

FISH, the fact of the matter is it looks the same as a nazi salute, therefore will be perceived as such. People outside Scotland dont know the meaning of 'the red hand salute' so it only makes the club look bad, can you not see that ?

FISH, the fact of the matter is it looks the same as a nazi salute, therefore will be perceived as such. People outside Scotland dont know the meaning of 'the red hand salute' so it only makes the club look bad, can you not see that ?

As I said a couple of posts ago...they copied our salute

I understand yer concerns but dont worry dear fellow (beer)

I will try not to worry too much. Its bad for my heart.

I will try not to worry too much. Its bad for my heart.

Mine is as strong as ever....I got a steel one put in for the cause

WE ARE THE PEOPLE

Is that fish boy not banned after his anti-catholic rant the other day?

I thought this section was strictly for Rangers fans only Mr 3..... who used to wind the Gers fans up on the BBC forum

Take note admin friends please :Animation44:

The red hand of Ulster which certainly appear on the flag is older than the Nazi salute but was never used as a salute as in the manner seen to-day in fact many of the Ulster men who gave there lives protecting and defending these islands would be aghast and ashamed to be associated in anyway with this fascist salute regardless of who is executed or performed it. This Nazi salute was never see at Ibrox until the BNP in the late 70`s /80`s tried to get a foot hold with our supports, so trying to say it is older is a cover up and a sham and something our supporter should not be associated with., and FISH does and should know better than to contrive or twist such drivel.

The red hand of Ulster which certainly appear on the flag is older than the Nazi salute but was never used as a salute as in the manner seen to-day in fact many of the Ulster men who gave there lives protecting these island would be aghast and ashamed to be associated in anyway with this fascist salute regardless of who it is executed or performed. This Nazi salute was never see at Ibrox until the BNP in the late 70`s /80`s tried to get a foot hold with our supports, so trying to say it is older is a cover up and a sham and something our supporter should not be associated with., and FISH does and should know better than to contrive or twist such drivel.

Na....your long tedious explanation is way out of touch with us and the real facts

But Im sure ye will get plenty on here who will swally it...me ? nae chance ! :Animation44: (beer)

The red hand of Ulster which certainly appear on the flag is older than the Nazi salute but was never used as a salute as in the manner seen to-day in fact many of the Ulster men who gave there lives protecting these island would be aghast and ashamed to be associated in anyway with this fascist salute regardless of who it is executed or performed. This Nazi salute was never see at Ibrox until the BNP in the late 70`s /80`s tried to get a foot hold with our supports, so trying to say it is older is a cover up and a sham and something our supporter should not be associated with., and FISH does and should know better than to contrive or twist such drivel.

Na....your long tedious explanation is way out of touch with us and the real facts

But Im sure ye will get plenty on here who will swally it...me ? nae chance ! :Animation44: (beer)

What`s the matter does your drivel not stand up to scrutiny when did you see the Nazi salute at Ibrox before these dates never because we grow up with it and knew what it stood for and represented it was unacceptable then its unacceptable now regardless of what you call it or attempt to disguise it as.

Would the red gloves not be confiscated in McConnell's Scotland?