Earliest Rangers Memory

1977 cup final against the Beggars....pissing down i remember and they won 1-0.

I had been to Ibrox before but don't remember much about it.

First real clear memory of an entire game and surroundings was John Greigs testimonial against Scotland when we won 5-0 and there was about 70,000 at Ibrox that day...

First game I watched from start to finish was McCoist scoring that overhead kick in the League Cup but I can remember greetin when we got lost to Levski Sofia in the European Cup that season when i was listening to it on the radio with my dad

As a young chap of the age of 22 :sherlock: .. My first real memories of Rangers were the tail end of the 90s.. Although Mark Hatelys comeback and being red carded against Celtic sticks out in my mind. also defeat to hearts in 1998 cup final was my first dissapointed as a young bear.

I can remember bits and pieces from games as early as 1990.

I remember a home game with Hearts about 1994, pretty sure Dale Gordon was playing. He maybe even scored!

My first extremely vivid memory didn't come until the day we spanked Hibs 7-1 (I think) when we were given the league trophy for 7IAR.

My old man took me to a European game whfn i was really young, johan cryff was playing one of his final games before retiring, cant remember the team he played for, we sat in broomy rear. I Was about 5 or 6, been hooked ever since

Was at this game too.

Feyenoord on 11th January 1984 in the KLM Challenge Cup, with the final score 3-3 - Williamson, Redford and Prytz(pen.) were our scorers.

1.Nicky Walker

2.Scott Fraser

3.Ally Dawson

4.John McClelland

5.Colin McAdam

6.Ian Redford

7.Robert Prytz

8.Bobby Williamson

9.Sandy Clark

10.Dave McPherson

11.Davie Cooper

The weird thing is that i cant remember a lot of my youth!! Maybe the glue or tip-ex? ( iam joking before any stereotypes about govan start up!!)

but i was going from 3 year old to ibrox (would have been 1983-84 season)