Rangers are holding the SPL's credibility

Dobie.7

I was just on Sky Sports and looked at rangers fixtures. They are brutal especialy on a team with a small squad.

In my opinion, the SFA should help rangers considering that they are scotlands sole participants on the european stage.

I thought that the SFA were trying to build back up scotlands footballing reputation.

Maybe its too much of a hassle (I wouldnt expect moving fixtures an easy task) but other leagues manage it.

I might get some critisicm for saying this but, I dont think the SFA does much to help teams that need it. I am fully aware of running scottish football would be complicated and demanding but when they state that the want scotland to be an acknoleged force in football, they should assist the teams that are doing that just now.

What do you all think? that was my personal opinion. It would b nice to hear everyone elses.

the SFA should help rangers considering that they are scotlands sole participants on the european stage

If the SFA/SPL failed to put the league back for one week in order to give us a free week in preparation for a UEFA Cup final then they will never do it now!

They say that a computer comes up with the SPL fixtures... then how is it that after a CL game we have 5 away games out of a possible 6 and if celtc had got into Europe they would have had 5 home games out of a possible 6 after a European game?

The people of the SFA and the SPL are morons!

I was thinking abou the 2007/08 season the other day and only in Scotland would there be a run of fixtures the way we had.

Playing away on Saturday, away on Monday, away on Thursday and then a cup final on Saturday. 4 games in 7 days :anguish:

Np chance especially after what happened when we were going for the Quadrangle.

yes the year of the rectangle methinks that was the year declan left college with his computer programming certificate and got a job with the sfa

Ah yes, the year we were contending for the quadruple. Given the extreme scheduling we faced, I suspect that maybe a recently graduated Computer Programmer, who happened to support Celtic, starting working for the SFA and was responsible for the 'computer generated' fixtures that season.

(tu)

I am not a fan of cancelling games before Europe (except before we played the final), I think the fixtures could be fairer e.g. 3 home 3 away matches in the SPL. The last time we got a match cancelled during the CL group games we got pumped 0-3 at home by Lyon, so I see no benefit on that score. I think our current run and one to come is rather harsh and the matches being moved for TV the way they have has been shite. But fuck them we are the people and we will prevail. crabflute.gif

If the SFA/SPL failed to put the league back for one week in order to give us a free week in preparation for a UEFA Cup final then they will never do it now!

They say that a computer comes up with the SPL fixtures... then how is it that after a CL game we have 5 away games out of a possible 6 and if celtc had got into Europe they would have had 5 home games out of a possible 6 after a European game?

The people of the SFA and the SPL are morons!

Can you point out these 5 aways out of 6? I'm struggling to see them. There is a month between the home Dundee Utd 4-0 match on 18/09 and the next SPL home tie against Motherwell on the 16/10 but there's an international break in there not all SPL away games.

rm-1285963878-U8685.jpg

Can you point out these 5 aways out of 6? I'm struggling to see them. There is a month between the home Dundee Utd 4-0 match on 18/09 and the next SPL home tie against Motherwell on the 16/10 but there's an international break in there not all SPL away games.

rm-1285963878-U8685.jpg

Bursaspor (H) followed by Hearts (A)

Valencia (H) followed by Tims (A)

Valencia (A) followed by St Mirren (A)

Man U (H) followed by Dundee Utd (A)

Bursaspor (A) followed by ICT (A)