Tackling in football now.

I think tackling properly is a dying art, taking the ball and showing the opponent they will get crunched, nowadays it is just flying in. The worst thing is the 'swinging trailing leg' this never used to happen but causes a lot of damage as legs tend to be trapped by the tackling/leading leg. I'd ban the scissor tackle.

Football is fast becoming a non contact sport which is an absolute joke. The games just becoming far too technical.

A hard tackle will get a bigger cheer from the fans than a 40-50 yard pass will and thats the way it should be.

PROBLEM WITH BRITISH FOOTBALL in your post, summed up.

People would rather cheer a tackle than say Iniesta dribbling 20 yards and putting in a passing master class? Pfft.

I think some players are just naturally 'dirty', or rough. I would doubt ANYONE goes out their way to injure another professional though.

Except Roy Keane obviously, who admitted it in writing and probably should have been charged.

Do you think not enough players take care with their tackles and do really stupid tackles to impress the boss and completely forget about the safety of the player?

Trust an Arsenal fan to be moaning about tough challenges.

:pipe:

de jong's tackle on ben arfa at the weekend was a fucking disgraceful example of cowardness

as much as i hate keane, i used to love watching him and viera kick lumps out of each other as they done it properly, in honest but hard as nails tackles

de jong on the otherhand was running straight at ben arfa and went to ground, fucking arsehole