old edmiston club

Skelf

Remember years ago I used to go into edmiston club before games with my dad. (B4 I was old enough to swally). Then it closed down. But it was handy coz it was right next to stadium. I think we need something like that again. It held quite a lotta people aswel.

It was a great place pre-match, but it was badly run and was losing money. It was paid for by the fans, so it could have been put to better use. A museum, cafe bar, or restaurant would have been good for the fans. Another shady deal from our custodian is good only for him.

Remember years ago I used to go into edmiston club before games with my dad. (B4 I was old enough to swally). Then it closed down. But it was handy coz it was right next to stadium. I think we need something like that again. It held quite a lotta people aswel.

yeah its a shame it was asset striped by our owner. exactly the kind of thig we need.

Player of the year nights, cup final nights, LA centerfolds (interesting night)! Had some great times in there, still got loads of pics that alot of our management wouldn't want seen. Ferguson on drums durrant backing singer(when he wasn't locked in the managers office with a bottle), and mc coist makin an arse of himself as a front man. Great times when the players could let their hair down without worrying about the press gettin hold of it! :crabflute::crabflute::crabflute:

Happy days.

The worst about all of the press stuff nowadays is that they get the photos and recordings from so called Rangers men who were there.

Any f#cker who has ever done that needs battered into next week. The one that always sticks with me is Donald Finlay QC. A sounder guy you could never meet.

I would welcome DF back to Ibrox any day of the week.

WATP

selling of bits an pieces of a company you have bought at a profit is the very definition of asset stripping.

Ah, trying to use Wiki to come up with a way out. :D

Buying a company and selling off most of a company's assets rather than trading can be described as asset stripping. Selling one ancillary asset which isn't proving to be productive or proitable after a number of years would not normally be described as asset stripping. Why not just use the term "sold"? Was Danny Wilson asset stripped?

Buying a company and selling off most of a company's assets rather than trading can be described as asset stripping. Selling one ancillary asset which isn't proving to be productive or proitable after a number of years would not normally be described as asset stripping. Why not just use the term "sold"? Was Danny Wilson asset stripped?

Aye, Murray did it purely for the good of The Rangers. :rolleyes:

yes he was

but to open the debate out a bit why could they not make a profit on it.

theirs certainly a demand i hear people talking fondly of the place all the time.

murray basically claimed he was doing us a favour buying it but every other big club in the world i have been to run sucessful facilities in the vacinity of their stadium capturing match day revenue and the loyalty of their fans for weddings birthdays. etc.

i refuse to accept that run properly a facility like the edminson club could not make good money for the club.

the wee rangers club seems to be doing all right for a start. and its not producing revenue for the club.

I remember going to a function there years ago and I had to buy a tie to get in. Also went to a Jock Wallace night there years ago, what a great night. The great man was frail and clearly ill at the time, but you could see how much it meant to him. His sister was a nutter, she had a walking stick and was twirling it around like she was leading the Walk.