Bradley praises Mo Edu

djbroxybear

He couldn't have been that good if he conceded 2.

I watched the game and he played brilliantly, he was not a fault for the goals either so he personally didn't conceed 2 goals. He was also the player closest to scoring a winning goal for the USA. 21.gif

I think Edu will always be a bit part player in our team, at 24 now he should have pushed on and did better.

Saddens me that we have fans who want to nit pick and slag our players for any reason.(not just in this thread) This lad while not a youth is still fairly young in terms of a professional football career, he is an American internationalist and has never let our club down. Hes also had a hard time with injuries but he is a player, a good player.

Get off his back and support him for goodness sake.

Hes not a hammer thrower, hes not a clogger, hes not an anti-footballer, hes not a hacker, hes not dirty and hes not a cheat, he doesnt give less than 100% every week, so what do fans want? Its ridiculous.

In Mo I trust.

Just rounded up some of the reviews for Edu:

D, Maurice Edu, 6 -- Asked to play center back he looked like an old hand at times, staying composed and then kicking into a more aggressive gear in the right spots. But other times he looked like a midfielder trying to play center back. All in all, not a terrible night for the Rangers man. His passing out of the back is a plus.

Maurice Edu- The Rangers midfielder is clearly not a centerback, as evidenced by his shoddy positioning, but he coped fairly well when asked to mark or deal with aerial balls.

Maurice Edu, defense, 5 -- Started off solidly enough, but seemed less assured when under pressure. Got caught square in the 22nd minute only to be bailed out by Howard. Raised his game in the second half and did enough to earn another look in the back.

I watched the game and he played brilliantly, he was not a fault for the goals either so he personally didn't conceed 2 goals. He was also the player closest to scoring a winning goal for the USA. 21.gif

I was fishing :P, was hoping for a more 'aggressive' reaction.

Saddens me that we have fans who want to nit pick and slag our players for any reason.(not just in this thread) This lad while not a youth is still fairly young in terms of a professional football career, he is an American internationalist and has never let our club down. Hes also had a hard time with injuries but he is a player, a good player.

Get off his back and support him for goodness sake.

Hes not a hammer thrower, hes not a clogger, hes not an anti-footballer, hes not a hacker, hes not dirty and hes not a cheat, he doesnt give less than 100% every week, so what do fans want? Its ridiculous.

In Mo I trust.

Its an opinion, what you have posted is nit picking.

Its an opinion, what you have posted is nit picking.

A crap opinion. I meant to quote more than just your post, but i dont really know what im doing, i cant even put the wee faces and stuff on my posts lol

The anti-Edu comments havnt really started, but ive seen them before, i honestly dont know what our fans have against him.

A crap opinion. I meant to quote more than just your post, but i dont really know what im doing, i cant even put the wee faces and stuff on my posts lol

The anti-Edu comments havnt really started, but ive seen them before, i honestly dont know what our fans have against him.

Just press Multiquote on the threads you want to quote as well, sorted.

Edu should not be playing in the back for Rangers or USA. Bradley seems to like that he's quicker than your average center back, but he usually just looks out of sorts. He was solid at times against Poland, but he got caught out of position allowing his side to be wide open for the second goal. Edu's better suited for doing the dirty work in the midfield and getting garbage goals in front of the net.

If this were a game with more meaning, Bradley wouldn't be experimenting with the lineup so much and Edu would not be in the back.

Edu should not be playing in the back for Rangers or USA. Bradley seems to like that he's quicker than your average center back, but he usually just looks out of sorts. He was solid at times against Poland, but he got caught out of position allowing his side to be wide open for the second goal. Edu's better suited for doing the dirty work in the midfield and getting garbage goals in front of the net.

If this were a game with more meaning, Bradley wouldn't be experimenting with the lineup so much and Edu would not be in the back.

Surely getting caught out of position is normal for a central midfielder playing at centre back?