Yoann Gourcuff

Millsyrfc1

Are Manchester United rumoured to be interested in him?

I like the look of him, pacey, skillful player with a good touch and ability to deliver a ball... Gave a few teams the run around in the CONMEBOL, and was brilliant at the World Cup.

Was one of the reasons Bordeaux won Le Championnat back in 2008/09, hence the Player of the Year award, and he kicked on from where he left last season. Not worked for him at Lyon so far, but he's still a fantastic player with all the attributes to get even better. Not too sure how he'd get on in England tho, not the best of travellers and may not settle!?

Javier Pastore or Marek Hamsik are better IMO, and Sir Alex should look to one of them, if they have the money :unsure:

I think he is a fantastic player although i don't think he would suit the English game , Spain would be an ideal destination for him either that or moving to a bigger Italian club, Hamsik could probably cut it in England think he would handle the pace better

I think he is a fantastic player although i don't think he would suit the English game , Spain would be an ideal destination for him either that or moving to a bigger Italian club, Hamsik could probably cut it in England think he would handle the pace better

Pastore for me, should move to La Liga. Would like to see him at a club like Sevilla, Valencia, Atletico, before going on to a bigger club like Real Madrid or Barcelona.

Pastore for me, should move to La Liga. Would like to see him at a club like Sevilla, Valencia, Atletico, before going on to a bigger club like Real Madrid or Barcelona.

Sevilla or Valencia would be a good move possibly Villareal although they seem to be struggling at the moment

Are Manchester United rumoured to be interested in him?

I like the look of him, pacey, skillful player with a good touch and ability to deliver a ball... Gave a few teams the run around in the CONMEBOL, and was brilliant at the World Cup.

They've certainly been linked, and he has com out himself and said he has been pen to a move (he said he's even willing to go to Malaga), so I don't see him staying at Udinese for much longer and there might be some truth behind the story.

Man Utd must be kicking themselves after seeing VDV, Khedira and Oezil all move for "small" transfer fees.

Clearly they need to strengthen their midfield, doubt they will be able to break the bank though.

Manchester United are skint!

Relative to the size of club and their turnover yes, but...

Smalling - £10m

Bebe - £8m

Hernandez - £12m

Pretty hefty fees for unproven players. A huge gamble that could make SAF look stupid in a transfer window where top class players like Oezil and VDV moved for similar fees.

Guest SandyIniesta-Nordahl

He hasn't been the same player the last year or so, and I have barely seen anything from him at Lyon.

Wouldn't say he was over-rated though.

Was one of the reasons Bordeaux won Le Championnat back in 2008/09, hence the Player of the Year award, and he kicked on from where he left last season. Not worked for him at Lyon so far, but he's still a fantastic player with all the attributes to get even better. Not too sure how he'd get on in England tho, not the best of travellers and may not settle!?

Javier Pastore or Marek Hamsik are better IMO, and Sir Alex should look to one of them, if they have the money :unsure:

Agreed.

I think United should go after Nuri Sahin, though. Fantastic wee player.