Resting Naismith

sco22y

although he has played the majority, if not all,our games this season i just dont think that he should have been left out of the starting line up.ok after all his past injuries and all, a wee bit of apprehention towards all the knocks he was taking recently but for me he has been steven davis of last season.he links up middle to front really well,great in the air,workrate,attitude,defensive duties and ability to score important goals are all there.with everyone calling for players to be rested for the cis cup i can understand but for today(no matter who we are playing)it's a no no.

i agreed with walters decision to give kyle a chance up front with kenny, so naismith would have had to take a place in midfield as he has done during the campaign so far.for me playing at home we should not be playing lee and edu in the midfield.both are great players but so similar.fair enough edu got the goal so it may indicate that he was pushed forward that wee bit that we have been hearing about all season but for me stevie naismith should have started that match today.

i realise that may be a wee bit harsh on walters selection but with the other half of glasgows game finishing before ours started and knowing that they had won.we should have sent out our form team.it seems to me that a chunk of the hard work from last sunday has gone due to that result today.

Naisy is the man, he is making Glasgow rangers tick these days. IWWT and all that but I felt he shouldve started today, the 3 points that where up for grabs today are just as valuable as the 3 points from last Sunday. Strongest team at all times in the spl watty plz

Wednesday was the time to rest players.

I don't understand why you would rest a player who is in the form of his life (Naismith) especially when it means moving Davis right and having a hopless central midfield pairing of McCulloch and Edu.

Walter Smith better get that idea out of his head because it's a pairing that does not work.

Wednesday was the time to rest players.

I don't understand why you would rest a player who is in the form of his life (Naismith) especially when it means moving Davis right and having a hopless central midfield pairing of McCulloch and Edu.

Walter Smith better get that idea out of his head because it's a pairing that does not work.

davis is ok on the right though and edu and mcCulloch aint as bad as you make out

In hindsight, if he's going to rest Naismith then he should fill that position either by playing Lafferty on the left & Weiss on the right or by giving Ness or Wylde a run out. I don't like moving Davis out wide and using Edu & McCulloch together as there's not enough creativity from midfield.

davis is ok on the right though and edu and mcCulloch aint as bad as you make out

Poor midfield pairing, especially when one of them doesn't turn up (McCulloch).

Poor midfield pairing, especially when one of them doesn't turn up (McCulloch).

with boughy always going up field i feel for him a bit, whats he doing wrong? he cant push up much and he fouls now and again but some of those are for the team, mculloch is vital to us

He get's caught out of position, he let's his man get away from him far too often, he concedes far too many fouls. He does a hop, skip and jump and runs around in a circle doing absolutely bugger all. He was lucky to stay on the park against celtc and it was the same yesterday. When he picks up an early card or fails to get into the game, he is a complete and utter waste of space. He sit's far too deep as a result of Weir being in the team, has little pace and doesn't offer enough to the side.

We've seen it on so many occassions that the Edu and McCulloch pairing in a 4-4-2 desn't work. Edu, up until he went off was playing some decent football, McCulloch was running about with his head in the clouds. But he'll rattle into a few challenges, and that's good enough for some.

In a 4-4-2, especially in the SPL, your midfield two should be box-to-box, that pairing isn't.

But he's the managers favourite and will start every fcuking game, no matter how bad he's playing.

He get's caught out of position, he let's his man get away from him far too often, he concedes far too many fouls. He does a hop, skip and jump and runs around in a circle doing absolutely bugger all. He was lucky to stay on the park against celtc and it was the same yesterday. When he picks up an early card or fails to get into the game, he is a complete and utter waste of space. He sit's far too deep as a result of Weir being in the team, has little pace and doesn't offer enough to the side.

We've seen it on so many occassions that the Edu and McCulloch pairing in a 4-4-2 desn't work. Edu, up until he went off was playing some decent football, McCulloch was running about with his head in the clouds. But he'll rattle into a few challenges, and that's good enough for some.

In a 4-4-2, especially in the SPL, your midfield two should be box-to-box, that pairing isn't.

But he's the managers favourite and will start every fcuking game, no matter how bad he's playing.

admit it, you just dont like the guy :anguish: how can he be box to box when boogy is always up field?

Tell me what he has done in the last number of games: Aberdeen, celtc, Killie and Inverness?

to me hes there to stop play, take a booking for the team when needs be, ie the scum game with the shoulder thing, wasnt a booking but i think you see it as he should have went there? he covers for boogies runs up field which are many times a game and if you ask me down to his ability i dont think he is an excellent player at all but the kind of player most teams need, he has limited ability, his pace? whats new there are you expecting him to get faster by running more in training, i get the feeling you just dont like the guy imo but he was vital for us in the past and he will be this season

Disagree. I was really pleased to see Naismith rested. He's become a key player and has started to look fatigued, not to mention his injury history and the run of important games we have coming.

Would you even be making this post if we had won 4-0?

The point is, the team we put out was good enough to beat ICT at home. Complacency is what cost us, not resting Naismith and Whittaker.

to me hes there to stop play, take a booking for the team when needs be, ie the scum game with the shoulder thing, wasnt a booking but i think you see it as he should have went there? he covers for boogies runs up field which are many times a game and if you ask me down to his ability i dont think he is an excellent player at all but the kind of player most teams need, he has limited ability, his pace? whats new there are you expecting him to get faster by running more in training, i get the feeling you just dont like the guy imo but he was vital for us in the past and he will be this season

(tu)

Disagree. I was really pleased to see Naismith rested. He's become a key player and has started to look fatigued, not to mention his injury history and the run of important games we have coming.

Would you even be making this post if we had won 4-0?

The point is, the team we put out was good enough to beat ICT at home. Complacency is what cost us, not resting Naismith and Whittaker.

[/quo

if you were really pleased to see naismith rested then so be it,but i certainly wasn't.the thing is we did not win 4-0 what we did was drop 2 points at home while resting our on form player of the season so far.that is why i started this debate.

maybe we should just rest the poor wee soul from getting kicked about some more on tues as well then eh.

don't think so