***The Official Football Manager 2011 Thread***

PaulRFC1

Since this thread is dead i'll talk about my FM10 game. I started a season with Rangers and installed the January update for that year so Celtic have a better team with Keane etc and i've lost Rothen. First season finished on 91 points and lost the league to Celtic by 2 points. 2nd Season i won both cups but lost the league again by 1 point having 89 points. Celtic are like fucking Barcelona under Mowbray, what the fuck, also had Santa Cruz on loan this year while for the 2nd season in the row the board have spent 8 million upgrading the stadium, i fucking don't want the stadium improved, its big enough, give me my fucking funds. Getting so annoyed, can't sign any good players :anguish:

What is the point in the closing down and marking features in this game? I set tight marking, hard tackling on the trickier players, and yet fucking Papac, Weir and co. just sit back and let them waltz right through. 3-0 to Hearts after 20minutes, naw.

Love the backroom side of the game, despise the matches.

At the start of my 3rd season 12/14 I made £24M in transfers, I sold Davis, Edu, Naismith, Whittaker and Fabbiani making the bulk of that money and brought in Diego Buonanotte, Luis Jiminez, Simon Church, Matt Derbyshire and the bulk (6.25M) on Carlton Cole. Best coups were getting Ben Arfa and Drenthe on bosmans, Ben Arfa was on quite a high wage but managed to get Drenthe on about £25k a week

Did alright that season with Rangers, got to the Champions league semis, got past Leverkusen in last 16 then drew 1-1 with Real Madrid (Mcgregor game of his life) in Spain then won 4-1 (took early lead then went 1-1 before scoring 3) at Ibrox with a masterclass from Diego Buonaotte. Lost 2-1 away to Lyon in the Last 4 first leg, won the second leg 3-2, was 3-1 up but lost the 2nd goal and went out by away goals :( Celtic have been 6th, 4th then 5th the past 3 seasons.

Just starting the 4th season and Ive made £23M in transfers, getting rid of Simon Church, Derbyshire, Papac, Bougherra, Taylor, Conway and selling Drenthe who I got for free for £7Million (he got 10% though, cunt).

Brought in Goncalves for 100k, Amelia on a Bosman, Vukojevic on a bosman (great stats!) Alfred N' Diaye for £900k, Bruno Cesar for £6.75M, some russian regen Popov on loan and Saviola for £1.7M. Transfer window shut though and got £8M and 60k of wages to play with in January. Failed with a last minute bid for Goodwillie, £4M wasnt getting him :anguish:

Best starting XI

Cole ----- Griffiths

Diego B.

Bruno Cesar ------------ Ben Arfa

Reo Coker

Boka Bamba N'Diaye Calve

Mcgregor

Struggled to get a replacement for Drenthe but managed to get Bruno Cesar eventually, just want to try and get one more class striker

This thread has died since Sandy was kicked.

Allzo never seems to post as much either.

I cba with FM anyway. Too much going on. No time for it.

I'm playing a Chelsea game but it's too easy.

In the 3rd season, I've signed guys like Neymar, Aguero, Van Der Weil, N'Koulou, Renato Augusto so I have a young team but it's not much of a challenge.

Any suggestions?

Sell them all.

Just won the League Cup, destroyed Celtic 3-0.

In the first transfer window I just managed to scrape enough cash together to sign Mathias Jorgensen for 1.2m.

Sold Broadfoot for 1.1m, Edu for 1.8m and Velicka for 170k. The board was only giving me 60% of the transfer fees to spend, though.

Board gave me 6.5m midway through November so I immediately tied down Goodwillie. Unfortunately he'd sign another contract extension and I had to fork out 5m for him. Well worth it, though. Never lets me down in FM. Plus Dundee United were level with me in the title race until Goodwillie moved in January :P

Also picked up Barry Douglas for 900k and loaned in Michael Kightly as a back-up and Barry Bannan.

Haven't bothered my arse to sort out training schedules etc yet, so I'll need to get round to that to ensure Wylde, Ness and Hutton all progress properly but they're all playing well.

Finished 3rd in my CL group, Lyon were top with 15, Bayern 2nd with 10, Rangers with 10 and Rosenborg last with 0.

Aston Villa dumped me out of the UEFA Cup on penalties. Lost 2-1 away, won 2-1 at home and went out. Lafferty should have won it for me.

Davis has 4 goals and 19 assists.

Diouf has 2 goals and 9 assists.

Weiss has 5 goals and 11 assists.

Fleck has 12 goals and 5 assists.

Jelavic has 18 goals and 4 assists.

Goodwillie has 10 goals and 2 assists. (Technically, he's had a 30 goal season already)

Naismith has 8 goals and 6 assists.

I'm playing a Chelsea game but it's too easy.

In the 3rd season, I've signed guys like Neymar, Aguero, Van Der Weil, N'Koulou, Renato Augusto so I have a young team but it's not much of a challenge.

Any suggestions?

Try a game as Blackpool, Wolves, West Ham or Wigan?

All good ideas. Like the look of Wigan, young team with really good attacking options. Sell the Loldwells though :happy:

:lol:(tu)

I started a game with West Brom a few months back, finished 6th and won the carling cup. It's quite enjoyable! West Ham would be like a project, you'd need to shake up everything at the club. I'm almost tempting myself into trying it :happy:

:lol:(tu)

I started a game with West Brom a few months back, finished 6th and won the carling cup. It's quite enjoyable! West Ham would be like a project, you'd need to shake up everything at the club. I'm almost tempting myself into trying it :happy:

Been them as well after I resigned from Rangers (I know :anguish: ) and they have a good team, Dorrans is superb in the game.

West Ham, with the newest patch, should be a top 10 side. Ba, Cole, Parker, Barrera, Hitzlsperger, Upson, Green are all really good in the game.

Been them as well after I resigned from Rangers (I know :anguish: ) and they have a good team, Dorrans is superb in the game.

West Ham, with the newest patch, should be a top 10 side. Ba, Cole, Parker, Barrera, Hitzlsperger, Upson, Green are all really good in the game.

Yeah, I played 4-2-3-1 with West Brom and it got the best out of Brunt, Dorrans and Morrison along with some other signings I made.

Yeah, I think Wigan and Blackpool would be the most challenging.

Yeah, I played 4-2-3-1 with West Brom and it got the best out of Brunt, Dorrans and Morrison along with some other signings I made.

Yeah, I think Wigan and Blackpool would be the most challenging.

Yeah same. Odemwingie as an advanced forward is quite good as well. Their defence needed a bit of work though.

Blackpool's finances are the biggest problems. No money and shit players. Going to start a Wigan or West Ham game actually :D

Cartlon Cole has been absolutely immense in the SPL for me and in Europe. Got him after West Ham got relegated... missed a lot of chances but just into February and he has about 17 assists, Diego Buonanotte, my best player last season got 15 to put it into perspective. He has about 10, 11 goals to in the league, griffiths has something like 29 goals in 28 games.

Leading the SPL by 17 points after 22 games and just secured the World Club Championship. Signed an Italian player called Camionlera for £13.5 million in the summer and just sold him for £20.5 million to Real Madrid so chuffed with that. Also just demolished Kilmarnock in the League Cup Semi-Final :drool:

80gers.png