***The Official Football Manager 2011 Thread***

PaulRFC1

6 games to go and it's looking grim for my Montrose side.

Irn-BruFirstDivisionInformation_LeagueTable-2.png

My contract's running out in the summer and I think I'll go. Even if I do keep them up, the finances are in such a way that I'll never be able to do better than avoid relegation again.

Hopefully by now I'll have amassed a decent enough profile for a job in League 2 or League 1 down south.

Aye, Jimmy Calderwood was the manager and had been under pressure since August for some reason. He got sacked around early March.

I was just offered a new contract by the board, but I've told them I'll decide at the end of the season.

Just got a MASSIVE result against Livingston away. HAD to win.

If we lost, we'd have been 8 points from safety with 4 games to go. We've closed it to 2 points now for the Play-Off spot.

Went mental there. :lol:

First time in all the years I've played FM that I've been involved in a relegation battle - love it.

Going off my head here. :lol:

Another fantastic result, this time at home to St. Johnstone. A win that leap-frogs me over Livingston and St. Johnstone into safety; albeit by a solitary point.

Unfuckingbelievable.

3 games left.

Just got destroyed 6-2 at home by the now league champions, Falkirk. I miscounted the amount of games left to play...:lol:

I've 1 game left.

It's went to the wire.

Dunfermline, the side that have put me out of the Challenge Cup semis for the past 2 years running, at Links Park.

The board keep offering me a new contract but I've delayed and then rejected. They offered me another, and I managed to delay it until the end of the season.

Irn-BruFirstDivisionInformation_LeagueTable-3.png

St. Johnstone will take on 3rd placed Queen of the South at McDiarmid Park; Livingston will take on 5th placed Morton at Almondvale but are favourites for the match.

Mon the Gable Endies.

Here we go...

...fuck.

Lost 1-0 to Dunfermline, St. Johnstone lost 4-1 to QoS but Livingston, with 10 men, scored in the last minute to secure safety. :anguish:

Play-offs it is.

St. Johnstone have been relegated to the Irn-Bru Second Division.

The job search begins after letting my Montrose contract expire.

All my players were leaving and I wanted a new challenge.

Ex-Colorado Rapids player, Jamie Smith, is the new Montrose manager.

My Rangers team have started to lose a wee bit of form.

We'd leathered both Aberdeen and Dundee United, six-one and four-one, then hit a brick wall at home to Rubin in the Europa League. We dominated, but they won one-nil and that was that. Next, we were lucky to draw at St. Johnstone and even luckier to steal a two-one win at Dunfermline.

As a result of that, we're three behind the Tims after fifteen games and, up next, we're away to Stoke in the Europa League. If they win three-nil or more, they'll go through with Rubin. We've already done them at Ibrox, two-nil, though. I'm confident. Not just for the Stoke game, but for our chances in the Europa League in general. One game at a time, mind.

Sergio Sánchez, the centre-half Sevillá reject I got for just £750K, has been an absolute revolution at the back. It reminds me of the deal we got with big Cuéllar, he's been second to none, performance-wise, and is attracting interest from bigger clubs.

We drew nil-nil against Stoke, so we're through to the First Knockout stage where we'll play Benfica. Then, if we progress, we'll play either Dinamo Buc. or Leverkusen in the Second Knockout stage. I'm still hopeful.

After skelping Hibs, four-nil at Ibrox, the first Old Firm game of the season came on Boxing Day. It was at Parkhead and I played it not long after I got back from Parkhead last night, so I was buzzing. For the first time this season, I said; "Do it for the fans".

Five-nil, us. :lol:

I know it's only a game, but I fell asleep last night, slightly more satisfied than I might have been.