***The Official Football Manager 2011 Thread***

PaulRFC1

Just finished my first season with the new patch, so here's what happened.

JULY - SEPTEMBER

On the 29th June 2010, 32 year old Jamie Macdonald became manager of his beloved Rangers FC after retiring from playing due to injury, the new manager won 44 caps for Scotland scoring 17 goals.

My first game in charge was a friendly at Notts County which ended in a disappointing 1-0 loss. The next friendly away to Morecambe ended 0-0. Rangers then welcomed Santos Laguna to Ibrox where we thrashed them 3-0 with Steven Davis grabbing two goals and Nikica Jelavic getting the other, next up at Ibrox was Galatasary where in an even match they edged us 1-0. Sevilla were next at home, in another close match Sevilla won 3-2, Jamie Ness and Kyle Lafferty getting the goals for Rangers.

Next friendly was another home game against Genoa, it was the typical close game but this time we edged out as winners with goals coming from Steven Naismith and Ricky Foster, Francesco Cozzolino grabbed a consolation for them. For our final friendly match we had a trip to Cesena, Italy where we smashed them 4-1. Thanks to two goals from Madjid Bougherra and strikes from Steven Naismith and El Hadji Diouf.

A mixed pre season, but now we were looking ahead to the start of the season.

After so much excitement to the opener against Kilmarnock, it ended in a drab 1-1 draw, Nikica Jelavic put Rangers 1-0 up just after HT, but Kilmarnock got a late equaliser. Beat Hibs 3-2 with goals from El Hadji Diouf, Steven Naismith and Nikica Jelavic.

For the League Cup draw, I got drawn against Arbroath away, and the Champions League draw against Lyon, FC Twente and Bayern Munich.

Back to league business against St Johnstone at Ibrox, we took the piss and won 5-1, goals coming from Steven Naismith, David Healy, two from El Hadji Diouf and Madjid Bougherra. Then came a huge disappointment away to bottom of the table Hamilton Accies, where I reshuffled my team with an eye on the upcoming Champions League came against FC Twente, anyway it finished 1-1 with Steven Naismith scoring a penalty.

Away to FC Twente in my first Champions League game and it couldn't have been any more perfect, ran out 4-1 winners, two goals from Nikica Jelavic and seperate goals from Lee McCulloch and Vladimir Weiss.

Next up was Dundee United at home, tight match where we edged it 2-1 goals from David Weir and Madjid Bougherra. Then was the League Cup match up at Arbroath, resounding 4-0 win, Nikica Jelavic grabbing two goals and Steven Davis and Kyle Lafferty getting the other two. Next up was Aberdeen, a 75th minute winner from Vladimir Weiss gave us a 1-0 win.

First Champions League game at Ibrox against Lyon ended in disappointment, Lee McCulloch was sent off in the 14th minute. We took the lead through a Aly Cissokho own goal, but we conceded two goals to lose 2-1.

OCTOBER-DECEMBER

Now in October, first match of the month away to Hearts, and my first domestic defeat going down 2-0 to an inform Hearts. After the international break it was back to league duty at home to Motherwell where the team responded brilliantly after the Hearts game by coming from 1-0 down to win 5-1, thanks to another double from Nikica Jelavic, and goals from Steven Naismith, El Hadji Diouf and Vladimir Weiss.

At home to Bayern Munich in the Champions League, same as the last CL match really, Steven Davis put us 1-0 ahead at the break, only for Philipp Lahm and Ivica Olic to hit very late goals to make it 1-2.

Now it was time for my first Old Firm match at Celtic Park, and it got off to a fantastic start when Biram Kayal put through his own goal in the 15th minute, Morten Rasmussen made it 1-1 in 30 mins before Vladimir Weiss smashed in a 30 yard freekick on the stroke of HT. 52nd minute, Ricky Foster went on a rampaging run up the right flank cut the ball back towards Jelavic, but Charlie Mulgrew executed a fine finish into his own top corner 3-1 up and should be home and dry. Sadly Celtic pulled two goals back from Biram Kayal and Wurzel McCourt to make it 3-3 :disappointment:

A few days later it was the next round of the League Cup up at Pittodrie, ran out easy 4-1 winners, goals from Maurice Edu, Steven Naismith, Darren Cole and Nikica Jelavic.

Inverness at Ibrox, 2-0 winners, Nikica Jelavic and Madjid Bougherra snatching the goals. Off to Germany for the second match with Bayern, got humped 5-1 only joy was Diouf scoring a consolation. From Munich to Paisley next, tough, scrappy game ran out 1-0 winners thanks to El Hadji Diouf. Beat Hibs 3-2 at Ibrox a few days later, David Healy, Nikica Jelavic and Kyle Bartley bagging the goals. Welcomed Aberdeen to Ibrox next, was disappointing as it was 1-1, Jamie Ness scored a beautiful volley from 25 yards, but Pele scored for them.

Kilmarnock away next, 2-1 winners thanks to goals from David Healy and El Hadji Diouf. FC Twente came to Glasgow just to be on the end of Vladimir Weiss and Madjid Bougherra scoring against them for a 2-0 win to the Teddy Bears. Up to Dundee for a cracking match with United, finished 3-2 us. Kyle Bartley, Steve Finnan OG and Vladimir Weiss scoring. Time to get revenge on Hearts for earlier in the season, we did 1-0 thanks to a Naismith penalty. Off to the sight of one of Rangers finest European away games a number of years ago for the match with Lyon, the boys gave the Rangers faithful another night to be joyful as we ran out 2-1 winners thanks to Madjid Bougherra and Vladimir Weiss, qualified for the Europa League.

The European hangover effect happened once again as Inverness fucked us 4-2 at their midden :disappointment:. El Hadji Diouf and Davie Weir put St Mirren to the sword in a 2-0 victory. Pumped Motherwell on Boxing Day 3-0, Steven Naismith netting his first every hat-trick for Rangers. Defeated St Johnstone 2-1 with goals from Naismith and Bougherra. El Hadji Diouf got a red card for headbutting Michael Duberry.

im top of the league with the bears. trying a new formation. signed the taoul guy from killie hes been shithot,and the left back from sporting called grimi(needed someone to hit a freekick) sold davis to liverpool for 6.25m. the tims are pish.

JANUARY-MARCH

First Old Firm derby of 2011 was upon us, and I couldn't have asked for a better start when Jelavic skinned two players and slammed the ball into the net in the 4th minute. A few minutes later Celtic took advantage of some slack defending to equalise through Anthony Stokes, but just before HT, Weiss knocked a lovely ball into the penalty area, and David Healy rose like a salmon to head the ball beyond the Celtic goalkeeper and into the net, before doing the flute in front of the Broomloan. Second half was shit, but I held on to win 2-1.

Scottish Cup 4th round next away to Alloa, was never in any doubt as Rangers ran out 6-0 winners, David Healy netting a hat-trick while Maurice Edu, David Weir and Nikica Jelavic also on the scoresheet. Hamilton came to Ibrox next just to be on the end of a 4-0 pumping, Weiss hat-trick and Foster wrapped up the rout. Then we were at top of the league Hearts, the way this match went you'd have thought Hearts were the bottom team as we ran out 4-1 winners, Diouf getting a double, Weiss and Edu also scoring. There was also some bad news as Jelavic got injured and was ruled out for two months.

Scottish League Cup semi final next against Dundee United, ended 0-0 in normal time and after extra time so it was penalties, we won 4-3, Davis, Diouf, Healy and Bartley netting our successful kicks, added to Neil Alexander's two saves. Next up was another disappointing game against Inverness which finished 1-1, Naismith netting a penalty. Next round of the Scottish Cup against St. Johnstone away, we prevailed 4-1 winners thanks to Weiss and a Naismith hat-trick. Motherwell were next for a 4-0 Ibrox pumping, Naismith, Diouf, Lafferty and Healy grabbing the goals.

Europa League home match against Palermo, a resounding 3-1 victory with goals from Diouf, Bartley and Naismith.

Away to Celtic next, again we took the lead through a Bougherra header, then Stokes got an equaliser just before HT, then we won a penalty a few minutes after HT, which Naismith stepped up and put the keeper the wrong way. Then Weir was sent off for Hooper diving in the box, Big Baldy Bastard stepped up and put the ball in the net. 2-2.

Return trip to Italy, got fucked 4-0 and out of Euro competition. Next up was St. Johnstone at Ibrox, we won 2-0 thanks to two OG's from Peter Enckleman and Jamie Adams.

Looking to extend my good league form, we had a tricky trip to a decent Hibs side, but we were too strong for them winning 2-0 with goals from Ness and a goal of the season contender from Vladimir Weiss. Next round of the Scottish Cup up at Dundee United was a stroll in the park, coming away with a 3-0 victory, a double from Naismith and Wylde getting his first goal for Rangers.

Lee McCulloch and Paul Gallacher helped Rangers to a 2-0 win at St. Mirren Park.

Now it was time for the League Cup final against Hibs, my first chance of silverware and I took it, running out 2-1 winners with goals from Bougherra and Diouf who was also sent off.

Your new League Cup winners went into the next league game away to Aberdeen brimming with confidence, sadly we couldn't break down a stubborn Aberdeen side, and it ended 0-0.

APRIL-MAY

Nikica Jelavic was back from injury and put him in the team for the home match against Dundee United and he gave us the lead in the 3rd minute, only for Dundee United to score a few minutes later. Healy put us 2-1 up before HT. Dundee United equalised not long after and it ended 2-2. Drew 0-0 away to Hamilton in the next game.

Naismith and Healy put Rangers back to winning ways in the league at home against Kilmarnock, Hibs came to Ibrox next for the first game after the split, and we ran out 2-0 winners, Jelavic and Bartley scoring. Hampden next for the Scottish Cup semi final against Dundee, was a crap, tight match with Jelavic netting the winner.

An utter shock was on the cards against Dundee United when they fucked us 4-1 away, Bougherra netting our goal, and my signing target Goodwillie scoring for them.

Final Old Firm game at Ibrox, a win and it would push me ever so closer to the winning the SPL and the boys delivered, with help from a Charlie Mulgrew OG and Kyle Bartley, Celtic scored in the final minute but it wasn't enough to come back and equalise. 2-1.

Away to 2nd placed Hearts next, a win and we were the champions. Diouf, Weiss and Jelavic made it official in a 3-0 win.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdCrZfTkG1c

After all the partying we had the final home game of the season against Kilmarnock, was a typical, tired end of season game, we ran out 1-0 winners thanks to a Cameron Bell OG. David Weir lifted the SPL trophy after the game.

Now was time for the Scottish Cup final against Hearts, could I make it a treble? No, I couldn't, but for the neutral fan, this would have to go down as one of the greatest Scottish Cup finals in history...

Steven Naismith blasted Rangers 1-0 up in the 4th minute, only for a quick fire double from David Templeton to put Hearts 2-1 up, it stayed that way up until HT. After the break, we came out all guns blazing, John Fleck getting us back into it in the 50th minute, a few minutes later Steven Davis blasted in a 30 yarder to make it 3-2 Rangers, Nikica Jelavic put Rangers 4-2 up in the 71st minute. Templeton grabbed his hat-trick in the 75th minute to pull it back to 4-3, then Adrian Mrowiec bulleted a header into the goals to make it 4-4. Scott Robinson netted the winner to make it 5-4 Hearts. I was gutted, but I couldn't fault my players for given their all.

End of Season awards

SPL Writers Player of the Year - Winner: David Templeton, 2nd place: David Goodwillie 3rd place: Madjid Bougherra

Didn't have any players in Goal of the Season.

SPL Manager of the Year - Winner: Your's truly, 2nd place: Mixu Paatelainen, 3rd place: Jim Jeffries

SPL Player of the Year - Winner: Vladimir Weiss

Allan McGregor, Kyle Bartley, Madjid Bougherra, Steven Davis and Vladimir Weiss were all added to team of the year

I'm having one of these injury plagued games as Rangers and I'm absolutely loving it.. gives me a challenge. :crabflute:

Naismith, Whittaker, Mcculloch, Mcgregor, Jelavic all out for a few weeks. Healy is out for another few months. Fleck and Wylde been out for a while, just starting to get ready to get some match time again. Archie Campbell injured too in the reserves!

I'm playing with an unofficial January patch that I downloaded a while ago that has most of the transfers done (got Diouf etc, but Webster was still at Rangers and no Kerkar) so rid of Webster for nothing (off the wage bill!) and signed Kerkar (he's actually no bad :lol: )

I'm near the end of September.. won all my pre-season games bar one (although I told my team it wasn't about the performance but fitness) and have only drawn one game so far against Bayern Munich in the Champions League at home.. 5-4-1, 5-3-1-1, 5-2-1-2 worked a treat. :lol:

I was desperate for a new challenge after experiencing the euphoria of back-to-back promotions with Montrose, as well as the heartache of relegation, after 3 long seasons in the Scottish Football League.

I decided to head for North Somerset to take charge of arguably the worst playable English side in the game.

Weston-super-Mare Assosciation Football Club (The Seagulls)

WestonLeague.jpg

Media prediction: 22nd.

Financial situation: Very unstable, £400k in debt.

Facilities: Woodspring Stadium (Capacity: 3000 - 278 seated)

Basic corporate facilities

Basic training facilities

Minimal youth facilities

Basic youth recruitment

Legends: None

Icons: None

Favoured Personnel: None [now Patrick Percin]

Fierce Rivals: None

Other Rivals: Clevedon, Newport County

The Club's colours are White tops and socks with black shorts at Home, with an all Blue away kit.

Shortly after I took the job, the Club underwent a takeover from local businessman David Sheepshank who seems to have put into practice a far more practical debt reparations process with monthly repayments of 2.2k until 2035, rewarding the Club with a stable financial situation for the future.

A huge task, but one I welcomed with open arms. I told the board that I believed I could avoid relegation, but I had to strengthen the side heavily and rid the Club - from the first-team to 16 year old youth-fodder - of any deadwood and free up some much-needed wages.

After a very busy window, I managed to do just that:

Weston-super-MareTransfers_HistoryPlayersIn.png

Unfortunately, 34 year-old Congolose centre-half Kangulungu done in his cruciates after only 10 games with an average rating of 7.19 and a goal to his name. He was ruled out for 10 months. Despite this, I've just offered him a contract with the role as a Player/Coach. His staff attributes are very good for a team of Mare's standard.

Goalkeeper Phil Imray has been good, but I'll look to strengthen this position come the end of the season. Matthew Saunders is merely back-up for a very weak right-side of defence, occupied by Club captain Craig Rand.

Laurent Guthleber has been a fantastic signing from Dudelange, whom I brought in on a free transfer during September. *NOTE: For anyone playing lower-league management games, have a look at Dudelange from Luxembourg. Definitely a few bargain players in there.*

Central-midfielders Agboh (now a Player/Coach) and Sissoko have been consistent, as has Ivorian left wing-back Didier Caro.

My star signings have been Guichard, Farro, Percin and Gifton Noel-Williams.

Frenchman Guichard, has been in sensational form on the right-wing, contributing 12 goals and 7 assists in 26 appearances with an average rating of 7.31, filling in for the once-injured Noel-Williams up top for a handful of games, as well as Percin who was away for a short while on international duty with Martinique. Without a doubt, he is the best player in the team.

Likewise, Reunionese left-winger Farro has chipped in 4 goals and 11 assists in 25 games (3 as a sub) with an average rating of 7.28.

Most impressive though has been my striking partnership of Noel-Williams and Percin (Target-Man and Poacher), the former aiding the side's fight up the table with 16 goals and 11 assists in 25 appearances with an average rating of 7.39. Percin on the other hand has provided the team with 18 goals and 11 assists in 25 appearances with an average rating of 7.57!

Every signing has played a huge part in the Club's remarkable position in the Blue Square South, come the 1st of January 2011:

BlueSquareBetSouthInformation_LeagueTable.png

In other competitions:

FA Cup - Managed to reach the First Round after comfortable victories in the Qualifying Rounds, only to be hammered out by Burton Albion 5-1, currently 20th in the npower League 2.

FA Trophy - Lost to Eastbourne Borough in the First Round. Had a lot of first-team players out injured which didn't help at all. Gutted at this one.

So, there you have it. Halfway through my first season in charge of The Seagulls and things are looking very bright indeed.

Started a game with Benfica, had a back room staff of 30 people got rid of 28 they were that bad. :anguish:

Signed Bassong on loan to replace Luiz apart of that the squads quite decent. Considering in another save i seen them spend £83million in season i hoping to get a few quid to spend in later seasons :craphead:

Got bored of winning with Rangers all the time so started a game Unemployed. Took 3 months of nothing before i was offered the Airdrie job. Quite a challenge, no money, no fans, shite players, but still grinding out results. The board wanted me to stop the club fdrom being relegated. Currently sitting in 2nd, 6 points behing Livingston. Hoping for promotion and a new job. Dunfermline are sniffing about me but hoping for an SPL side.

Lost the title on the last day in my second season to Celtic, managed by their former scout John Park <cr>

Got Weiss and Bartley on loan again, both were fantastic. Bartley left and got signed by Reading, managed to get Weiss back for his third loan spell.

Took in Gokhan Tore on loan from Chelsea and Miguel Trujillo from Arsenal, also on loan.

Beattie joined Blackpool at the start of the second season, he has retired and I've hired him as a scout :lol:, also hired Weir as a Youth Coach.

Foster signed for Huddersfield for £1.6m after leaving Rangers, just noticed he's recently signed for Stoke City for £3.5m :lol:

After the update I couldn't find a team to settle down with, bit that changed last night as I've decided to chase the European dream with Porto.

August.

Transfers.

cZmyt.png

Not really much needed to be done here as I already have a capable squad and both signings were for the future.

Fixtures.

eZyuS.png

The 4-5-1 has worked like a gem so far having yet to concede a goal since I've taken over. Most noticible this month are both 3-0 wins over Benfica. :D

fMrqT.png

fceXE.png

Dominated both games I was amazed at how little they caused, I even had Hulk injured for the second game but Varela took his place and ended Motm. :praise:

After the 6-0 aggregate win over AIK I've moved the Europa League Group stage where the draw went like so;

2qYkk.png

Really enjoying this one so far, I suppose not conceding has contributed greatly to that.

I've had a few great games on previous FM's with Porto, Murphy.

Always seemed to romp the league, but never managed to concour Europe. Defintely one I'll be looking at once I finish the game I'm having at the moment.

P.S What's it with everyone giving very detailed reports in here now? I'm not complaining, it's a good read, but just wondered why everyone has started doing it.

http://community.sigames.com/

For anyone who doesn't go on there, but does play FM, it's a great forum. The team threads always give you a great insight on a club if you've never been them before, so you are not going in there not having a clue.

September.

Fixtures.

EIko8.png

7-0 v Naval was magic. :D

XMDQI.png

That 0-0 v Salzburg was the lowest moment so far, even at that I've had 4 points so far in Europe. :21:

VwzpS.png

Another month, another Motm award for me. :D

Had to hide the braga game as that's for October, will get that done soon.