***The Official Football Manager 2011 Thread***

PaulRFC1

Starting a new game.

Database.. 29 leagues from 18 nations :lol:

Not sure who I will start off with but will save the database incase I change my mind. Thinking of starting off in Germany or Holland!

Got all the latest transfers updated too.. so no Suarez at Ajax etc :(

Due to my European and World club champions status, most of my players have now decided they want over £100k / week. So these are being slowly shipped out of the club with a great in take of youth ready to fill in their places left behind.

Until the players have left the club, the youth are being sent out on loan to gain expereience before being thrown into the top flight football of the SPL :pipe: next season.

Some of the intake are already capable of being in the first team so they are already being played.

Just started a game with Weston-super-Mare of the Blue Square South.

Their media prediction is to finish 22nd - dead bottom - of the league.

They're already 400k in debt, and a takeover just failed but the Chairman still wants to leave.

I've brought in a lot of players I signed with Montrose so this'll be an interesting game.

Guest SandyWATP

Started a game with Dortmund, anybody got any tips?

The team isn't as good as it should be.

Hopefully that's fixed in the update coming up.

The team isn't as good as it should be.

Hopefully that's fixed in the update coming up.

7 games played in the league, 7 games won. The team isnt bad atall.

Kagawa playing just behind Barrios has been magical and Subotic and Santana at the back are rocks.

Guest SandyWATP

Kagawa playing just behind Barrios has been magical and Subotic and Santana at the back are rocks.

CA/PA they are wildly under-rated.

Hummels is 10x better than Santana!

Anybody got any recommendations for defenders and a goalkeeper for Middlesbrough, getting 2 or 3 goals into me nearly every game, at the moment I have Kyle Walker, Danny Collins, Jose Goncalves, Stephen McManus, David Wheater, Chris Smalling, Steve Finnan, Steven Kelly, Michael Ball, Antunes, have tried loads of different variants with them but they are just shite, i have about £10M to spend in December so will spend it all on defenders and a keeper, preferably 1s that are early/mid 20s and that would be good enough for the Premiership if i get promoted

Anybody got any recommendations for defenders and a goalkeeper for Middlesbrough, getting 2 or 3 goals into me nearly every game, at the moment I have Kyle Walker, Danny Collins, Jose Goncalves, Stephen McManus, David Wheater, Chris Smalling, Steve Finnan, Steven Kelly, Michael Ball, Antunes, have tried loads of different variants with them but they are just shite, i have about £10M to spend in December so will spend it all on defenders and a keeper, preferably 1s that are early/mid 20s and that would be good enough for the Premiership if i get promoted

Get Jordan spence from west ham for about 2 million his stats dont look amazing but they get better and he should be yer captain after about half a season he is an absolute rock. Bought him for every team i have managed except arsenal. Try bringing in alex smithies from huddersfield. Ano you never mentiond strikers but Cedric Bakambu destroys all and wont cost u more than around 2 million. Play him as Adv Fwd and he will bang them in. Hope that helps (tu)

Get Jordan spence from west ham for about 2 million his stats dont look amazing but they get better and he should be yer captain after about half a season he is an absolute rock. Bought him for every team i have managed except arsenal. Try bringing in alex smithies from huddersfield. Ano you never mentiond strikers but Cedric Bakambu destroys all and wont cost u more than around 2 million. Play him as Adv Fwd and he will bang them in. Hope that helps (tu)

Had a look at them, Spence is on loan to Swindon at the moment but it runs out in January so I'll try get him on loan with an option to buy i think, put a bid in for Smithies although not sure if he'd be good enough for a start straight away I've had him in other saves and he's been decent back-up, Man United just offered £4.2M + clauses for Bakambu so i can rule that 1 out :lol: He wouldn't be getting Boyds place anyway :pipe:

Started a game with Dundee, 25 points deducted so we'll see how things go. Predicted to finish 10th.

Couldn't get the badges working, think I'm extracting them wrong. Can't really be arsed fiddling about with it, not played this in ages.