Andy Carroll

On his day he is unplayable, just like Kevin Davies.

I like Andy Carroll the footballer. He's passionate, he's an absolute monster an old-fashioned target man but he can also play the game. Forget the strength, power and battering ram physique... he's got a good touch, vision and control, he brinds the ball down with a touch of class, he runs the channels and works very hard for the team. He's not scared to get stuck in and he has decent feet, although he lacks the pace and skill Drogba possesses.

At this moment in time I don't think he could replace Didier Drogba but if he continues to improve, sort his off-field attitude out and develop into the player he could, then there is a chance he could land a move to a top Premiership club, maybe replacing Drogba!?. Andy Carroll is only 21 - when Drogba was 21 he was struggling at Le Mans - it took him a number of years to develop into the player he is now. He needs to stay at Newcastle of a couple more years.

What you tend to find these days is the players with the off-field problems are the ones who fall away and never realise their potential and it was for this very reason Barcelona cleared out the cupboard of the likes of Eto'o and Ronaldinho , dos santos etc as they didnt want them affecting their younger stars that were pushing up through the ranks . If Carroll continues with these problems off thew pitch then the best he can hope for is a mid to low end premiership team if he is lucky .....

Seriously Guys who the Fek is interested ?

Unless he been liked with Rangers. Anyway Big Hately had long hair- the guy couldn't lace Marks boots.

That's why it's in general sports. This is where.... general sports goes. (tu)

Onto Carroll, and I don't really get all this hype. Yet again, a player from the Premiership performs well in a few games, and is being hyped up beyond belief. It happened with Bale, now it's Carroll's turn. He is now being tipped to be "the new Shearer," "England's number 9" and all this, when really, although he is a good player, he doesn't deserve all this hype yet.

Ok Mucker.

Been a blue nose for 30 years. Been in here for 3 mins. Lol!

Need to keep me right with where to post?

Bears Den- everything Rangers

Off Topic- life in general, anything can be talked about

General Sports- everything not Rangers

Design & Gaming- All your PS3, 360, Wii etc, talk.

That's why it's in general sports. This is where.... general sports goes. (tu)

Onto Carroll, and I don't really get all this hype. Yet again, a player from the Premiership performs well in a few games, and is being hyped up beyond belief. It happened with Bale, now it's Carroll's turn. He is now being tipped to be "the new Shearer," "England's number 9" and all this, when really, although he is a good player, he doesn't deserve all this hype yet.

To be fair Carroll was sensational in The Championship last year.

The question was could he replecate his form in the Premiership and so far he has done.

If he keeps up his form of the past eighteen months for the next eighteen months then all the hype will be entirly justified IMO.

He's wildly over-rated IMO. If he was Icelandic and not English there would be nowhere near the amount hype around him

But if he was Spanish/Portuguese/Brazilian/Argentinian, he'd be seen as a much better player than he actually is because he's British.

Anyone that thinks Carroll CAN'T hit the top is deluding themselves. He must be an absolute nightmare to play against.