The official "Takeover Completed" thread

Muff

As long as we are in hock to them, they will decide our fate.

I have no faith in the banks, the current owner, or the board deciding our fate.

Until we are rid of the above we will continue our downward spiral.

At the moment only Whyte is stepping up to the plate.

He gets my vote.

His being in it for his own self-interest isn't necessarily a bad thing though. To make a profit out of RFC, he'll need to ensure continued qualification for the Champions League, and the continued selling of the crown jewels every year or so. The end result being a competitive team, and a fantastic scouting system. If we turn out like a PSV/Porto then I'll be pretty happy.

Redeveloping the land around the stadium? I don't see much problem there. If we built a few apartment blocks or something, that's a nice extra source of revenue for the club.

To make a profit out of Rangers he need do no more than mortgage/sell and lease back however you want to describe it Auchenhowie and Ibrox pay himself a 'special dividend' pocketing the csah and riding off into the sunset leaving us f*&ked for eternity. The likely outcome being liquidation not mere administration. Whyte doesn't give a f*&k about the implications of the tax case simply because he has no intention of being around when (or maybe if, being pedantic) the shit finally hits the fan.

As for redeveloping the land around the stadium get a reality check forfuxsake it's G51 not W1, at best you'll get permission for social housing which admittedly offers a steady but rather unspectacular return, if there was money to be made there don't you think Murray would have passed up the opportunity to do so.

CanadianBacon is 100% spot on warning that 'be careful what you wish for because you just might f*&king get it'.

Anyone thinking that Craig Whyte will make us 'debt free' is frankly an idiot, he's just swapping an extremely safe, straight forward and steady form of financing with the financial equivalent of a ticking bomb albeit one which the Post Office will not be intercepting.

What's good for David Murray,Craig Whyte and LBG is bad for Rangers but by the time most people realise that it will be far,far too late.

lloyds/muir you think theres a distinction. i think differently.

but thanks for backing up my op that they shouldnt be deciding our fate.

Lol - you're caught lying through your teeth so you try to change the subject. First you stated I backed Whyte. I showed you to be a liar. Then you stated I backed Lloyds. I showed you to be a liar. Can't you just be a normal poster on RM without making lies up all the time?

there is no way lloyds couldnt have supported walter more in jan and still have left our accounts very healthy. think about the diffirence even something like gomis and conway would have made. or goodwillie.

AJ said that if the gorilla has a large appetite then we can't feed it and administration may follow. Yet you wanted us to spend more money and be yet further in the gullet of a hungry ape?

Lol - you're caught lying through your teeth so you try to change the subject. First you stated I backed Whyte. I showed you to be a liar. Then you stated I backed Lloyds. I showed you to be a liar. Can't you just be a normal poster on RM without making lies up all the time?

AJ said that if the gorilla has a large appetite then we can't feed it and administration may follow. Yet you wanted us to spend more money and be yet further in the gullet of a hungry ape?

he said we dont know its apetite. a couple of million spent in jan would not have bankrupted us no matter the tax bill. but it might have won us cl money.

no one ever understands that second part mate. We couldn't afford to pay our debt without European money. So lets spend MORE when we will be lucky to see champions league football for a few years lol

lol you dont back lloyds then you very next line is more excuses for them.

what a brass neck.

no one ever understands that second part mate. We couldn't afford to pay our debt without European money. So lets spend MORE when we will be lucky to see champions league football for a few years lol

i will say it again we had 5 million cash at bank and uefa money still to bank. oh and a cup tie v celtc lined up.

we certainly didnt need 3 out 2 in.

there is no way lloyds couldnt have supported walter more in jan and still have left our accounts very healthy. think about the diffirence even something like gomis and conway would have made. or goodwillie.

Gomis and Conway play for Dundee united for a reason. That is their level. They'd make fuck all difference against celtic

i will say it again we had 5 million cash at bank and uefa money still to bank. oh and a cup tie v celtc lined up.

we certainly didnt need 3 out 2 in.

so if we had all this cash available. Then why is the debt not lower.

Perhaps Lloyds aren't stupid enough to let us spend money that we won't have access to in coming seasons

Gomis and Conway play for Dundee united for a reason. That is their level. They'd make fuck all difference against celtic

To be fair, that's complete bollocks.

Are you saying that big teams should never buy a player from a lesser team and develop them? Don't talk absolute shite. Conway is a stand out in the SPL when several players in our own squad fail to be standouts.

I can name Novo, Bougherra, Papac, Boyd, Miller and Thomson from recent memory alone that have come from lesser teams and made a difference.

Hernandez at United. Ronaldo went from Sporting Lisbon to United, also a lesser club. Don't even need to start on Lampard from West Ham to Chelsea or Perotti from Moron to Sevilla.

That's probably the daftest thing I've read on a football forum.

Conway is/could be a decent footballer with the right coaching.

He's almost 26 and peaked. I dont really want a 26 year old Dundee utd player with 2 caps for a shite country. He might look ok there but he would come here and be shite

I ain't enough of a finance or business guru to say whether Whyte will be any good. But the fact is Murray doesn't care anymore. No other bids have been forthcoming. Except some board idea that noone seems to know what it actually is and what it actually does to ownership or debt. Mr Whyte seems to have proven the funding is there to buy rangers and seems to have proven the future investment is there. So, what do I want for the future? I want rangers to wash their own face. I want us to spend our own money wisely. I Wang us to realise every player has a value and if someone is willing to pay it then it's thank you for your service but goodbye.

I want us to give shagger a four year deal but if arsenal then offer 12million I want him to be sold and the finds put into finding the next mcgregor. I want us to budget for no Europe so Europe is a financial boost that means more investment. I want us to have a squad of 18 players with the youth team chapping the door to get a place. I want us to sell on players to allow youths to progress when it is obvious they are gonna get there. Eg sell edu replace with ness. Last season could have been sell boogy give Wilson his place.

Basically I want the new owner to run us like any other business. Spend only what comes in and promote from within. I want half my starting eleven to have came through the ranks and any players bought

here here m8. everything you have said is spot on.

great minds think alike.

so if we had all this cash available. Then why is the debt not lower.

Perhaps Lloyds aren't stupid enough to let us spend money that we won't have access to in coming seasons

debts down 14 million if boss's 19 million figure is right. i am quite sure it is.

He's almost 26 and peaked. I dont really want a 26 year old Dundee utd player with 2 caps for a shite country. He might look ok there but he would come here and be shite

peaked. conway keeps making steps up and keeps improving.

his delivery and goal on sat were spectacular.

Are you saying that big teams should never buy a player from a lesser team and develop them? Don't talk absolute shite. Conway is a stand out in the SPL when several players in our own squad fail to be standouts.

I can name Novo, Bougherra, Papac, Boyd, Miller and Thomson from recent memory alone that have come from lesser teams and made a difference.

Hernandez at United. Ronaldo went from Sporting Lisbon to United, also a lesser club. Don't even need to start on Lampard from West Ham to Chelsea or Perotti from Moron to Sevilla.

Naismith is the one for me - he came from Killie as a major prospect but we made him what he is today.

How can you tell he's peaked?

Do you know how he's going to perform for the next 7/8/9/10 years?

How can you tell he's peaked?

Do you know how he's going to perform for the next 7/8/9/10 years?

Exactly.

Dado Prso didn't get a regular game at any professional team until he was almost 28, didn't sign for us until he was 30.

He wasn't exactly bad.

think that about covers it.

just to add a little conway and gomis arent my favorite players but the would have cost us very little and would have helped us.