Would we survive in EPL?

Gers4lyf

I think its more to do with Smith.

He is a do whatever it takes to win manager and doesn't bother with the performance.

If we had a manager who loved to play good football then I think we would dispatch of most teams easily.

Look at Celtic, they are second and take care of most SPL teams easy but struggle against us and European quality teams.

Because we don't dominate possession against SPL teams doesn't mean we would go down. :lol:

I didn't say we would go down because we don't dominate possession here, but like I said above, playing quality that's much better than what's up here every week would kill us off and have us relegated easily.

I'm assuming you think we would stay up because we've managed to pick up some points in the champions league this season ? The games that have weeks apart.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think u overrated our players a lot.

top 8? only Davis and maybe Bougherra are capable. ofcourse Weiss but hes loan and young

What about McGregor ? Davis certainly isn't but I think Bougherra probably could.

This is hilarious how everyone is incredibly overhyping the EPL. It's not that amazing folks. There are easily at least 6 or 7 teams worse than us, some of them are absolutely brutal. The standard is not as much of a step up as people think imo.

This is hilarious how everyone is incredibly overhyping the EPL. It's not that amazing folks. There are easily at least 6 or 7 teams worse than us, some of them are absolutely brutal. The standard is not as much of a step up as people think imo.

(tu)

Yes, the Premiership is slightly overrated, but apart from the Bundesliga this season it's been the best league. That includes La Liga, the Premiership has been pretty strong this year.

We would struggle but I'd imagine we'd stay up due to our manager and home form. It would take us more than 5 years to get into the top 4 teams.

There is no way we would go down.

We are a champions league side and most teams in that league wouldn't get a point in the Champions League.

Why do you think we would go down ?

IMO right now in terms of quality and not squad size etc we would be 14-10th.

leeds were a champions league side, they are where now?

The thing is mate, every newly promoted team says the above but most still end up going down. Its still a very league

Of course the premiership is overrated, but its still got much, much better teams in it than the SPL, and to say we would stay up because its overrated is plane silly.

Of course the premiership is overrated, but its still got much, much better teams in it than the SPL, and to say we would stay up because its overrated is plane silly.

Well that's my point. It's not as great as what everyone thinks it is, and we'll stay up. I believe that we'll pick up enough points at Ibrox to survive. Also our Euro experience will come in handy away from home. Haven't we proved that we are more than capable of shutting up shop, hitting teams on the counter and getting results. We wouldn't set the world alight, but I think we'd stay up ok.

The thing is mate, every newly promoted team says the above but most still end up going down. Its still a very league

That hasn't really been the case recently. A lot of newly promoted teams have stayed up, yourselves included a few years ago, and it looks very much that this shall be the case again this year.

Well that's my point. It's not as great as what everyone thinks it is, and we'll stay up. I believe that we'll pick up enough points at Ibrox to survive. Also our Euro experience will come in handy away from home. Haven't we proved that we are more than capable of shutting up shop, hitting teams on the counter and getting results. We wouldn't set the world alight, but I think we'd stay up ok.

Nah, I just can't see it.

not really, 2 goals in 5 champions league games isnt exactly avoiding relegation form

Nah, I just can't see it.

I go to a few PL matches every year, and believe me there's nothing to be afraid of. I think we'd be able to stay up, and on a good year punch above our weight, like what Blackpool are doing, and like what Hull did in the first half of the 08/09 season. On the other side of the coin, better teams than us have actually gone down, so it's hard to call, I personally think we'd be alright.

Current squad: 15th ish. The Premiership is overrated, but it's streets ahead of the crap we play in. We've not got the squad depth or quality to do if every week in a league like that - we struggle in the SPL at times.

If we could remain in it, bring in some real quality, start to move up the table, then we could eventually compete for it, but it would take time and hard work. Certainly not as easy as 'well we beat Blackburn and drew with Manchester United...'.

No, but 5 points from 3 Champions league games is.

nope, 5 points from 5 champions league games mate

averaging 1 point a game is relegation material in the EPL, and some of they results we had a decent squad,

imagine that team that lost 1-0 to man united at ibrox going to the emirates or stamford bridge, hell even going to villa park or white hart lane would be a potential humping ala valencia style

I agree 100% with this , but some people are too subscribed to the Premiership myth to realise it

nope, 5 points from 5 champions league games mate

averaging 1 point a game is relegation material in the EPL, and some of they results we had a decent squad,

imagine that team that lost 1-0 to man united at ibrox going to the emirates or stamford bridge, hell even going to villa park or white hart lane would be a potential humping ala valencia style

Well at one point we were 5 from 3 weren't we.

Have you seen Villa this year, or even Arsenal at the emirates? Do you seriously think we couldn't have a go at that Chelsea team at the minute? I don't think these teams are as great as you think they are, and we're not as shite as you think we are......

Well at one point we were 5 from 3 weren't we.

Have you seen Villa this year, or even Arsenal at the emirates? Do you seriously think we couldn't have a go at that Chelsea team at the minute? I don't think these teams are as great as you think they are, and we're not as shite as you think we are......

why would we have a go at these teams, especially since we didnt have a go at a second string man united defence when we required a win and nothing less

and yes we were 5 points from 3 games, and havent improved that in the last 2 games

being realistic here, is there ANY ground in the EPL we would go to and be favourites, i doubt it

Have a go at a team like Chelsea, Aston Villa, Arsenal, home or away, with this current squad, and they would take us apart. I don't care what anyone say's, Arsenal would pick, pull and tear us apart, even on a bad day. Champions League is a different matter - 6 games to get out the group stages. We wouldn't be able to keep up the performances or intensity through-out the course of a season, if we did, then we would have left the whole of Scotland behind us this season, we haven't!

Our team vs Kilmarnock; McGregor, Whittaker, Weir, Broadfoot, Foster, Davis, McCulloch, Fleck, Naismith, Miller, Lafferty. That's after a few injuries and it would struggle against any Premiership side.

No Premiership love in for me, it's overrated, not even in the top three leagues IMO.

why would we have a go at these teams, especially since we didnt have a go at a second string man united defence when we required a win and nothing less

and yes we were 5 points from 3 games, and havent improved that in the last 2 games

being realistic here, is there ANY ground in the EPL we would go to and be favourites, i doubt it

Just because we wouldn't be favourites doesn't mean that we couldn't get a result doh There are several away grounds just now where I think we could get something and even win. So what we might not win at Stamford Bridge or the Emirates? We'd only have to go there once.

My point was more we could pick up points at home, and the odd one here or there away from home anyway. Teams like Stoke are the example we could look to.