Rangers and "Jobs for the boys"

Bear

The OP makes an interesting point. (tu)

I would submit that it can go both ways. Certainly, Rangers men might find it 'comfortable' and not welcome change. Or, Rangers men will do whatever it takes to win.

Walter was quoted recently saying that it's not an easy place to work. The tradition is simple. "Just win". So I have to think that no matter who you are, or your background, you are always challenged @ Ibrox to take the team forward. But, in my own experience, differing opinions when considered, make for a better 'product'.

Aye.....this shit about not knowing what it's like to be a Ranger is cringy. Anyone that comes to the club finds out very quickly........we are no different from any other club in that sense.

Near had me until you gave C Adams as an example. Without the x players how would the new recruits knew what Rangers are about, the tradition, history and pride of the club. The good Rangers teams have always overcome adversity because of the pride installed in them and the second to none attitude.

Charlie adam is to blame for Charlie adam not working out at Rangers, a look at his physical condition now and then tells you that.

I have no desire to have this debate again but Walter (or ex players <cr> ) weren't to blame for Charlie adam not being good enough for Rangers, he was.

wouldnt quite lump all the blame on adam

he was fitter and better under le guen, then when smith came back it seemed like he had put on about 3 stone overnight

we obviously know all the stories about how smiths first era had all the squad out getting pished together, today though that just doesnt cut it in football

wouldnt quite lump all the blame on adam

he was fitter and better under le guen, then when smith came back it seemed like he had put on about 3 stone overnight

we obviously know all the stories about how smiths first era had all the squad out getting pished together, today though that just doesnt cut it in football

Charlie was clearly unfit, you can't say that about the rest of the squad that season consideriung the games they played.

It was charlies fault

well the way i look at it the only player that has went on to be a top player that walter let go was charlie adam and we got money for him and tbh a wanted rid of him aswell but u have to look at the players he has made better like cueller hutton boughy miller the list goes on

I know every team has got to have players and backroom staff that are life long supporters of the team. But you can have too many. I think The Rangers suffer from this wwwwway to much.

Personally i would love the next owner to have a total clear out of all past Rangers player at Ibrox as i feel it could have held us back in the past. I do appreciate that it can work at times, like with WS, Richard Gough and one or two more.

I am shit scared about McCoist taking over, the reason being he has been neutered by WS. I know this wont sit well with a lot of you, but if you consider what WS has done with some brilliant players by playing them out of position, then they have left and become greater players (Charlie Adam anyone) Will SA continue that tred or will he play players in the position they are strongest in???? I have my doubts.

The we have John Grieg and Sandy Jarden, absolutely brilliant players, but what exactly do they do? I know they do the hospitality thing, but can they justify being fully employed by Rangers???? I don;t know the answer to this hence why i am asking it.............

I have read on here and other Rangers boards people say,"Bring back Gazza and we'll take care of him" and other such things........Why? he's a grown man and can look after himself, why should we have to look after a man that is nothing more than a crank now. It saddens me to say that as the guy is a God for what he did on the field, but at the end of the day he was an employee of The Rangers.

We need to break away from this.................... IMO

I agree to an extent...I would rather see people with expertise than Rangers fans but if we can get someone with expertise who is aRangers fan then brilliant.

"look after a man that is nothing more than a crank now"

I think your a total idiot for coming out with this statement about a man with serious mental health problems, the fact he is probably our most talented ever player and someone who gave everything he had for Rangers while he was here just makes it worse.

I dont think this jobs for boys argument holds much water. The backroom staff usually consists of whoever the current manager chooses.It just happens that Walter was asked to train whoever he thought could be the next Rangers Manager, which happens to be Ally. (who is an ex Ger) So the backroom staff consists of Durrant who is an ex-Ger and then Kenny who is not. Previous Managers from Le Guen, Eck and Dick have not choosen ex Rangers players in their backroom staff. The issue of Greig and Jardine is only two players out of thousands that have played for the club who are employed in some capacity. So this jobs for boys issue is a load of shite.