New Year Old Firm in Belfast

calikeo

Morning all

Me and a few mates are heading to Belfast for New Year and will be there up until the night of the 2nd.

Now I know that there will be plenty of places in Belfast to watch the game - but does anyone have any recommendations? And where we can have a proper bouncy and not get a kicking!

Never watched an Old Firm game outside of Glasgow - so looking forward to it - and couldn't imagine a better place than Belfast to do it!

Although I'm a twat and just realised that the Sandy Row Rangers club isn't actually on Sandy Row. In saying that, it's only a couple of miles down the road - so a taxi would be no bother.

Its at the cross between Sandy Row and the Donegal Road, 5/10 minute walk from the Holday Inn.

Cheers for the info guys - none of us are particularly loud mouths or likely to cause bother (suppose it all depends on how drunk I am and the result!) - but always best to stay on the safe side!

Avoid the cromac street/ormeau rd end(heading right out of the hotel door) as there's a lot of t*rriers that way (very close to the markets area which is very very nasty). Also the weatherspoon on bedford street can be dodgy being close to the markets as it is frequented by t*rriers who just cashed their giros. To be safe head for Sandy Row RSC or jump in a taxi and head for East Belfast where any number of pubs/clubs will show it. I'll be heading to the game myself :uk:

Although I'm a twat and just realised that the Sandy Row Rangers club isn't actually on Sandy Row. In saying that, it's only a couple of miles down the road - so a taxi would be no bother.

I love the way taxi's work in Belfast

Avoid the cromac street/ormeau rd end(heading right out of the hotel door) as there's a lot of t*rriers that way (very close to the markets area which is very very nasty). Also the weatherspoon on bedford street can be dodgy being close to the markets as it is frequented by t*rriers who just cashed their giros. To be safe head for Sandy Row RSC or jump in a taxi and head for East Belfast where any number of pubs/clubs will show it. I'll be heading to the game myself :uk:

if you need a seat on the bus mate let me know before next friday, as i wont see anyone till 10th jan but i can bang your name down

if you need a seat on the bus mate let me know before next friday, as i wont see anyone till 10th jan but i can bang your name down

Thanks very much mate but i'm ok for the new years day game,few of us flying in that morning and getting a taxi to ibrox from the airport. However I will be sampling the great KPL hospitality for the feb game at the piggery if thats ok. And this time my flight home is not going until 8pm so I wont have to run accross glasgow like a twat :lol: