Gabriel Batistuta

Amac9

awesome footballer. if he was playing in england today, he would be worth the money that these top players get.

he probably at the time, to me, was in the same mould as alan shearer, albeit different.

by that, they had alll the traits, power, strength, desire, pace, heading ability, hold up play, shooting prowess, winning mentality, a centre forward who would have thrived in england.

he would be a £25million upwards player in todays market.

That's the one bud!

Cracking one on Michael Laudrup too!

The Van Basten one was my favourite.

I'd forgotten how fkn fantastic he was, it's easy just to remember him for the goal v the Ruskies in 88.

I declined to go on a school trip to Pompeii in 2001 because I wasn't interested enough to justify the ridiculous cost.

As it turned out, the teacher leading the trip decided to take the group to see Roma v Lazio :anguish: I've loved Serie A since the early 90s and I was absolutely gutted, especially since I missed the chance to see Batigol in person.

A lunatic of a teacher obviously. Imagine taking 40-odd teenagers to the Rome derby.

I declined to go on a school trip to Pompeii in 2001 because I wasn't interested enough to justify the ridiculous cost.

As it turned out, the teacher leading the trip decided to take the group to see Roma v Lazio :anguish: I've loved Serie A since the early 90s and I was absolutely gutted, especially since I missed the chance to see Batigol in person.

A lunatic of a teacher obviously. Imagine taking 40-odd teenagers to the Rome derby.

:lol:

The best I got at school was a trip to an old museum 30 miles away.

Gabriel Batistuta, what a player he was!

I only really caught the back end of his career, but even then he was sublime.

That goal against United always sticks out when his name is mentioned, absolutely astonishing.