No Signal on my PS3

Nezzyyy

I took out my PS3 which is a Christmas present for a wee shot and to make sure its working. I have plugged it in but I cant get a picture on the screen. I have tried it with two different HDMI cables and the red/white/ yellow cables. When I try the first HDMI slot on my TV I get a signal but its just a black screen and when I try the 2nd HDMI slot and the R/W/Y it just says No Signal.

Anyone got any ideas?

This happens when my dad moves it from my room to the TV downstairs. Try, although I'm not sure, turning the switch on, and holding the power button until it beeps a few times. I can remember doing that. Then it asks you what settings you want I think.

For better info, there's tons on Google, and Sony website about it.

This happens when my dad moves it from my room to the TV downstairs. Try, although I'm not sure, turning the switch on, and holding the power button until it beeps a few times. I can remember doing that. Then it asks you what settings you want I think.

For better info, there's tons on Google, and Sony website about it.

I tried that but it never worked. :(

People are saying that you need to let it beep twice and some are saying you need to let it beep 3 times and I only tried letting it beep twice. :anguish:

Can't try it again the now though because my Dads back in. :lol::lol:

OK

- So, in your TV, u will have to switch to the appropriate INPUT/VIDEO mode (like HDMI 1, HDMI 2, etc.) ; whichever input u have connected the HDMI cable at the back of the TV in.

Since the PS3 is in default settings at first, it will not output through HDMI cable.

- While turning on PS3, hold on the PS3 power button for 5-7 seconds until u hear an extra beep. This will reset the PS3 settings.

U r good to go. This will make the PS3 output through the HDMI cable and everything will be fine.

Took that from Yahoo Answers and it seemed to work for the person who asked it.

OK

- So, in your TV, u will have to switch to the appropriate INPUT/VIDEO mode (like HDMI 1, HDMI 2, etc.) ; whichever input u have connected the HDMI cable at the back of the TV in.

Since the PS3 is in default settings at first, it will not output through HDMI cable.

- While turning on PS3, hold on the PS3 power button for 5-7 seconds until u hear an extra beep. This will reset the PS3 settings.

U r good to go. This will make the PS3 output through the HDMI cable and everything will be fine.

Took that from Yahoo Answers and it seemed to work for the person who asked it.

Thats exactly what I done but nothing happened. (td)

You need to change the output settings, you'll need to plug it in with the a scart cable and then into display settings and set it up for HDMI use (tu) i had this problem when i tried to play on the HD tv downstairs , i got sound but no picture etc .

Hope that helps

You need to change the output settings, you'll need to plug it in with the a scart cable and then into display settings and set it up for HDMI use (tu) i had this problem when i tried to play on the HD tv downstairs , i got sound but no picture etc .

Hope that helps

I'll give that a shot later on mate.

Cheers ;)

• 2 weeks later...