Dingwell

Sentry

It is the fans choice to spend their money how they like. It shouldn't give them any special entitlements. As a fan, you support the club through the good and the bad, you shouldn't expect anything in return.

I think it only took 2 posts of FollowFollow for me to receive a comment like this, so I guess RM is a lot more tolerant. But people really need to grow up with all these accusations, I thought Celtc fans were the paranoid ones?

Read what I said.

I didn't call you a tim, I said what you said regarding the Rangers fans that go around following the team as "leeching off their reputation" something a tim would say. Not, and I repeat, not calling you a tim. There's a difference.

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You already speicified the type of fan you meant, in direct reply to someone who mentioned the Bears that follow Rangers all over Europe.

The content of the post I replied to may have mentioned "Bears that follow Rangers all over Europe", but I think I singled out the "thugs and hooligans" who like to get wrecked, fight and destroy stadiums, as those to whom I was referring.

The content of the post I replied to may have mentioned "Bears that follow Rangers all over Europe", but I think I singled out the "thugs and hooligans" who like to get wrecked, fight and destroy stadiums, as those to whom I was referring.

Give me some examples of them destroying stadiums. I bet I can clear up any little myths or misconceptions you may have.

You can tell you've never been to a game in Europe in your life.

As for getting wrecked? that's a bad thing? your away with the lads and the beers flowing. Do you criticise the Tartan Army? or guys that go on stag weekends with their mates? you can't use fighting as a valid reason either as just about every football club has a team of casuals. Why pick on your own club?

Give me some examples of them destroying stadiums. I bet I can clear up any little myths or misconceptions you may have.

OK, Spain and Romania. Tell me the way you seen them. The reporting I seen said it was our fans, and whatever the reason I think it is uncalled for. Civilised people wouldn't act that way.

You can tell you've never been to a game in Europe in your life.

Are there special rules for attending a game of football in Europe? I don't see it as any different to visiting a country on holiday. Now, I understand that the British mentality of holidaying in Europe is to get as drunk as possible, spew in the streets and screw anything that moves, but some of us enjoy a bit more refinement.

As for getting wrecked? that's a bad thing? your away with the lads and the beers flowing. Do you criticise the Tartan Army? or guys that go on stag weekends with their mates? you can't use fighting as a valid reason either as just about every football club has a team of casuals. Why pick on your own club?

I have nothing against having a few beers with friends while enjoying a match, but getting "wrecked" and uncontrollable is the problem. We wouldn't like it if they did it to us, so we should show some respect.

And I pick on my own club because it reflects badly on me and I want it to change.

There is no letter from UEFA banning the Billy Boy's. Never was.

Murray,Bain,Dingwall and his lackies all lied to Rangers fans about this.

People who try to back up the rst in this are deluding themselves. There were many life bannings from follow follow for people who dared question Dingwall on this matter, myself included.

They lied.

OK, Spain and Romania. Tell me the way you seen them. The reporting I seen said it was our fans, and whatever the reason I think it is uncalled for. Civilised people wouldn't act that way.

Are there special rules for attending a game of football in Europe? I don't see it as any different to visiting a country on holiday. Now, I understand that the British mentality of holidaying in Europe is to get as drunk as possible, spew in the streets and screw anything that moves, but some of us enjoy a bit more refinement.

I have nothing against having a few beers with friends while enjoying a match, but getting "wrecked" and uncontrollable is the problem. We wouldn't like it if they did it to us, so we should show some respect.

And I pick on my own club because it reflects badly on me and I want it to change.

It must be great tae be perfect in every way. :rolleyes:

1- Which Spanish game? Osasuna we got attacked by Spanish police for being in the wrong section of the ground, despite the Osasuna ticket office selling that block to Rangers fans at free will. Never seen us destroy the stadiums when we went to Villareal, Valencia or Barcelona.

Bucharest? I had a feeling this was what you were meaning... I witnessed it first hand. The stewards removed my flag without consent and then lied about having it, when numerous people witnessed it. Rangersgary on here is one person and he will back me.

I asked about it and got threatened by the stewards and as this happened a guy and his mate came down to the front beside me because another steward slapped his 8 or 9 year old son because he was standing in the aisle and before you knew it, the both of us got pepper sprayed and they got batons out. I'm not condoning violence, but that was one night all the Bears stuck together.

I was blinded and felt hands drag me up the stairs while the Rangers fans fought fire with fire against those baton-weilding, pepper spraying thugs and the stewards got a pasting. I don't even feel the need to criticise the Rangers fans there, if anything it's about time we reacted to the heavy handed bullies with uniforms we get on European travels.

2- You mention British mentality. You've hit he nail on the head, it's the British mentality, so again, why are you sigleing out your own team? once again Rangers FC seem to hold the monopoly on all things some folk consider wrong. Give your head a shake, mate.

3- Again, your being unfair. It relates to point 2. There's people everywhere that can't handle their drink. Take a look around Suchiehall Street any night of the week.

You feel like you want to change the world for the better here and it's all down to the Billy Boys? credit to you for being to deviate this far from the original point, just to get your dig into Rangers fans (half of which has fuck all to do with them)

I've a suggestion for you, maybe find another club like Dumbarton or somthing to support.

Are you saying that all our fans are perfect and behave admirably?So because they choose to follow the club and leech off it's reputation, they are free to do and say whatever they like eithout repercussion?

We all let our hair down once in a while..maybe even you.

But your saying singing a song makes us some sort of thug,mental case or scary person.

It's a fuckin song with non sectarian words...get over it

Are you shitting me? I watched an old guy in Osasuna stop his 14 year old grand daughter being hit with a baton, only to be cracked right between the eyes with the baton, It was a shocking night and when faced with riot cops going straight for you when you have only jeans and a tshirt on with nothing to protect yourself isnt a great experience.

John i thought it was the official section who were attacked? I was in the unofficial section that night as i got my ticket through flight options and i think that was the last game they included match tickets

EDIT- John cancel that they moved me along next to the bears that night

Are you shitting me? I watched an old guy in Osasuna stop his 14 year old grand daughter being hit with a baton, only to be cracked right between the eyes with the baton, It was a shocking night and when faced with riot cops going straight for you when you have only jeans and a tshirt on with nothing to protect yourself isnt a great experience.

John i thought it was the official section who were attacked? I was in the unofficial section that night as i got my ticket through flight options and i think that was the last game they included match tickets

There was a section at the corner flag with Rangers fans in with Osasuna fans, that the police attacked.

It must be great tae be perfect in every way. :rolleyes:

I'm not perfect, but there is no harm in trying is there? If you never try, then you never will be.

1- Which Spanish game? Osasuna we got attacked by Spanish police for being in the wrong section of the ground, despite the Osasuna ticket office selling that block to Rangers fans at free will. Never seen us destroy the stadiums when we went to Villareal, Valencia or Barcelona.

I'm sure there was something negative that happened in Villareal, and our fans behaviour in Barcelona was hardly given a rapturous applause.

Bucharest? I had a feeling...

Maybe all this bad treatment wouldn't have happened if we didn't have the reputation we had in Europe at that point. Maybe the police wanted to be heavy handed to try and prevent things getting out of control?

If people had been civilised and cautious the police wouldn't have needed to take such actions.

2- You mention British mentality. You've hit...

Yeah it's the British mentality, but is it too much to ask for some people to try and show some decency and respect because it will reflect on the club? Just because other people do it, means we should join in?

3- Again, your being unfair. It relates to point 2. There's people everywhere that can't handle their drink. Take a look around Suchiehall Street any night of the week.

If fans are going to be ambassadors for the club in Europe, is it really too much to ask for them to conduct themselves with some decency?

You feel like you want to change the world for the better here and it's all down to the Billy Boys? credit to you for being to deviate this far from the original point, just to get your dig into Rangers fans (half of which has fuck all to do with them)

I've a suggestion for you, maybe find another club like Dumbarton or somthing to support.

Are you saying the club and it's fans are perfect? Personally, I think the way some of them carry on is an embarrassment and don't want to be associated with them.

If people don't tackle these problems they won't go away.

Can I ask if you think there is a problem with Scottish football? And if you do, what you would do to rectify the situation?

Are you suggesting that the singing of these types of songs isn't associated with a certain type of fan?

I think the club has done very well in repairing it's, and the fans, reputation after what happened in Manchester, but it is shocking that some elements of the support think it's ok to continue with these type of views.

What?

So you're being pedantic to avoid the topic? Give me a better term for it then.

Are you suggesting that this is perfectly acceptable behaviour for people in 2010? I'm sure the rest of the world were dreaming that by now we were all living in space and had flying cars, but Scotland focuses on petty arguments about religion and football. Can you honestly see nothing wrong with it? We should be the bigger man and move on.

What is happening now exactly? Historic battles regarding religion? Maybe if you care that much you should go enlist?

When you consider everything that David Murray has done for the club in the past 20 years, do you think it is fair that his reputation and the club's name are dragged through the mud because of the supporter's behaviour when he has specifically asked them to refrain? I can see why he is selling the club tbh.

1. YES and NO

2. Yes it is acceptable for 2010 our culture and traditions mean allot to thousands if not millions of people around the world past and present

especially to the people who give the biggest sacrifice for our traditions and culture who shall not be forgotten.

Lest We Forget.

3. I have seen protestant homes being attacked on a nightly basis but i have also seen if you don't see it our Rangers being attacked nearly on a 24hr a day basis.

Their war isn't over so neither is ours.

4. The quicker Sir David Vineyard has sold Rangers the better for all you need your head checked if you think Sir David Vineyard has done anything for Rangers.

can this not be sorted by just letting us see the feckin letter or by someone admitting there is no feckin letter

We all know there is no letter and if one pops up now it will be a fake.

It wasn't fucking possible to 'wreck' that stadium. It was a dump.

We all know there is no letter and if one pops up now it will be a fake.

and there we have it.

this letter is an irrelevance. people dont want proof they want to do whatever they want and nothings going to change that.

as i say this debate lacks honesty.

people should just say. i hate catholics and i want to sing about there blood and nothings ever going to stop that.

not you abod necessarily.

we could perhaps get somewhere if we had some real honesty.

and there we have it.

this letter is an irrelevance. people dont want proof they want to do whatever they want and nothings going to change that.

as i say this debate lacks honesty.

people should just say. i hate catholics and i want to sing about there blood and nothings ever going to stop that.

not you abod necessarily.

we could perhaps get somewhere if we had some real honesty.

why would i hate catholics by singing this song

all catholics are not fenians

and all fenians are not catholic

a famous protestant springs to mind and the most prominent fenian ever henry joy mC cracken

a famous protestant springs to mind and the most prominent fenian ever henry joy mC cracken

Exactly BB

you see this is what i mean.

the songs the anthem of the billy boys gang. not well known for his bridgeton battles with the fenian brotherhood was billy fullerton.

we cant have a debate without honesty.

you see this is what i mean.

the songs the anthem of the billy boys gang. not well known for his bridgeton battles with the fenian brotherhood was billy fullerton.

we cant have a debate without honesty.

Supporters of King William were known as “Orangemen” and "Billy Boys" and their North American counterparts were soon referred to as "hillbillies". It is interesting to note that a traditional song of the Glasgow Rangers football club today begins with the line, Hell! Hello! We are the Billy Boys!" and shares its tune with the famous American Civil War song, "Marching Through Georgia".

http://www.scotshistoryonline.co.uk/rednecks/rednecks.html