Dingwell

Sentry

Actually it should be apologist, which describes your stance to a T, a supporter of those who have lied to the support and would strip us of our history and traditions, that used to be the remit of the agents of rome, how times have changed.

your right all these cunts denying the traditions of the song with their pc shite.

you cant change the meaning of the word fenian my hairy arse. they cant prove i mean catholic i mean irish rebels. fuck of apologists.

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

yeah but thats not the correct words and if your honest you know that.

In the 1920's and 30's the Fenians that the Bridgeton Billy Boys were referring were Irish Catholic gangs the Norman Conks( who's top boy was actually a Protestant if memory serves) and the Calton Tongs...

So in the meaning of Fenians the Conks and Tongs were probably just that.

In the 1920's and 30's the Fenians that the Bridgeton Billy Boys were referring were Irish Catholic gangs the Norman Conks( who's top boy was actually a Protestant if memory serves) and the Calton Tongs...

So in the meaning of Fenians the Conks and Tongs were probably just that.

yes catholics.

some irish some not so much.

the tim malloys was another i think.

they certainly werent fighting the fenian brotherhood.

After the 1867 rising, IRB headquarters in Manchester opted to support neither of the dueling American factions, promoting instead a new organization in America, Clan na Gael. The Fenian Brotherhood itself, however, continued to exist until voting to disband in 1880.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fenian_Brotherhood

the songs about fighting against catholics in glasgow. mostly irish or of irish decent. but not exclusivly.

i am a traditionalist and it gets on my moobs when these revisionist apologists try to pretend otherwise.

bunch of handwringers.

yes catholics.

some irish some not so much.

the tim malloys was another i think.

they certainly werent fighting the fenian brotherhood.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fenian_Brotherhood

the songs about fighting against catholics in glasgow. mostly irish or of irish decent. but not exclusivly.

i am a traditionalist and it gets on my moobs when these revisionist apologists try to pretend otherwise.

bunch of handwringers.

All i said was that i think TBB was out long before the 20s.

And most people from here in Northern Ireland were singing it for King William (King Billy)

None would have even heard of that gang and sung at the end "We Are The Boys Of King William" how hard is it for you to understand.

And you are taking this thread away from the actual purpose of it there is still no letter or explaintion produced.

All i said was that i think TBB was out long before the 20s.

And most people from here in Northern Ireland were singing it for King William (King Billy)

None would have even heard of that gang and sung at the end "We Are The Boys Of King William" how hard is it for you to understand.

And you are taking this thread away from the actual purpose of it there is still no letter or explaintion produced.

yeah thats just rubbish though.

before the 1920 rangers fans sung a song to marching through georgia. a rangers song.

then the billy boys gang created an anthem out of it and it prevailed at rangers games.

there is no question the song is about fighting irish catholic gangs in glasgow.

dont try to steal it for ireland its a glasgow song.

there is another similar song which is probably irsih the one about sandy and john or whatever. but thats not the billy boys its not the rangers one.

why would you care if the letters still not produced "it will be a fake anyway" if it is

yeah thats just rubbish though.

before the 1920 rangers fans sung a song to marching through georgia. a rangers song.

then the billy boys gang created an anthem out of it and it prevailed at rangers games.

there is no question the song is about fighting irish catholic gangs in glasgow.

dont try to steal it for ireland its a glasgow song.

there is another similar song which is probably irsih the one about sandy and john or whatever. but thats not the billy boys its not the rangers one.

why would you care if the letters still not produced "it will be a fake anyway" if it is

I'm not from Ireland sorry

so i couldn't steal it for them and they probably wouldn't want it anyway.

Well maybe people from here sung it for King William and people from Glasgow sung it for Billy.

All this nonsense about a song being banned or not is really starting to get on my tits ıts been dragging on long enough

Lets call the club and authorities bluff once and for all and blast all our songs out especially the Billy Boys lets get it all out in the open

They must think we are stupid huffing and hawing over the issue

As we have always said in the past...

All together now !!

All this nonsense about a song being banned or not is really starting to get on my tits ıts been dragging on long enough

Lets call the club and authorities bluff once and for all and blast all our songs out especially the Billy Boys lets get it all out in the open

All together now !!

NO SURRENDER! (tu)

I'm not from Ireland sorry

so i couldn't steal it for them and they probably wouldn't want it anyway.

Well maybe people from here sung it for King William and people from from Glasgow sung it for Billy.

well the billy boys were named for king billy so its not like there is no link.

however, fact is rangers fans sung it about the billy boys gang and the fenians there in, are the catholic gangs in calton and bridgeton.

most of whom werent irish at all by the 20th century.

i just cant stand for all these people talking about giving up our traditions in one breath then denying them with the next.

its the same with this signing policy thing.

sure we had the odd catholic over the years but lets not kid on we didnt sign mostly prods for a good reason and it was fucking sucessful.

be proud of our history but always look to the future.

All together now !!

yes i agree loud and proud and everyone.

force the issue to a head.

lets see what the score is once and for all.

What is it we are supposed to be afraid of again?

Oh the threat of deducting points that was it

That will never happen

FFS at times i think you're a handwringer

then you come out with things like this.

I'm confused are you being sarcastic or what?

FFS at times i think you're a handwringer

then you come out with things like this.

I'm confused are you being sarcastic or what?

no i have just changed my point of view for a few reasons.

uefa and the spls lack of action has emboldened me. also i have become weary of the circular nature of the debate. lets have some new information see where we stand.

Nobody on here has ever confused me like you have in this thread mate.

Ye start off saying we shouldnae be singing TBB, and end up asking us tae sing it loud and proud. <cr>

What is it that each and everyone of us is afraid of

Getting points deducted, will never happen in the SPL

Closing sections of the ground, will never happen in the SPL

Banned form Europe, club needs to defend itself and use other clubs who cause trouble as our defence afterall its only songs, if people are offende thats their problem

We are long term loyal paying customers and if visitor to Ibrox do not like it they dont need to come just stay away its very simple the same goes for Rangers fans who dont like it, we need to stand as one and fight this or forever hold your tongue

Some forget we are Rangers supporters the strongest support in the land wake up and stand up for yourself FFS

Banned form Europe, club needs to defend itself and use other clubs who cause trouble as our defence afterall its only songs, if people are offende thats their problem

We are long term loyal paying customers and if visitor to Ibrox do not like it they dont need to come just stay away its very simple the same goes for Rangers fans who dont like it, we need to stand as one and fight this or forever hold your tongue

Some forget we are Rangers supporters the strongest support in the land wake up and stand up for yourself FFS

Agree with all of this 100%.

As I said in another thread about ticket pricing, we (and the Taigs) could put clubs like Kilmarnock out of business within 2 seasons if we wanted to.

They have to be made to realise this and start to do what we say (within reason) - not the other way about.

Good post.

no i have just changed my point of view for a few reasons.

uefa and the spls lack of action has emboldened me. also i have become weary of the circular nature of the debate. lets have some new information see where we stand.

Nice to see a handwringer change his point of view maybe we are actually getting through to you after all.

Agree with all of this 100%.

As I said in another thread about ticket pricing, we (and the Taigs) could put clubs like Kilmarnock out of business within 2 seasons if we wanted to.

They have to be made to realise this and start to do what we say (within reason) - not the other way about.

I'm not trying to be smart mate but I would appreciate very much if you will refrain from mentioning the taigs when we discuss Rangers issues

I personally want f-ck all to do with them and I know some just cant get away from that hideous term the old firm

If some clubs rely on them that's up to them