That Night In Lyon

H72

Without a doubt, one of the greatest results in the history of Rangers Football Club. Alan Hutton, Daniel Cousin and Brahim Hemdani were absolutely outstanding for the full 90 minutes. I can still remember jumping around like a lunatic, in absolute shock, when DaMarcus stuck the third past Vercoutre. What a fantastic season that was.

That strip is probably my favourite in my lifetime too. The shade of blue is beautiful and the balance of red and white is perfect. Wonderful kit.

Smashing video.

I slept through it. Was living in Sydney at the time and the game was on at 4.45am and I had work at 8.

Hate to make you feel worse, but you missed one of the greatest nights ever to be a Rangers fan .... EVER !!!

Best European away game I've been to. We destroyed a very good Lyon team; Vercoutre, Reveillere, Squillaci, Anderson, Grosso, Juninho, Bodmer, Kallstrom, Govou, Baros, Benzema.

Brahim Hemdani was absolutely fantastic that night, and it's a pity the YouTube video has been removed.

Were we not the only other European team, other than Roma, to win at the Stade Gerland in the Champions League because of this? I don't know if that record still stands.

Were we not the only other European team, other than Roma, to win at the Stade Gerland in the Champions League because of this? I don't know if that record still stands.

When we went there they were unbeaten at the gerland for years in the CL IIRC, think we were the last team to beat them there until bayern went and pumped them 3-0 last season.

When we went there they were unbeaten at the gerland for years in the CL IIRC, think we were the last team to beat them there until bayern went and pumped them 3-0 last season.

Ah, that's the one. :sherlock:

I was in work until like 8:30pm that night. Sprinted up to Cambuslang to the Black Bull and watched the 2nd half and the place was jumping. Straight into town after the game. What a night.

One of the best nights I can ever remember watching Rangers. I was like "I'll take a draw" when we were 1-0. Never expected to win 3-0.

tremendous!

great post.

that nyt is what football is all about. i was in strathclyde union watching this. the result and the 12 hours of 99p drinks r stuff dreams r made of. i managed to lose (and find) my phone twice that nyt. the dj asked us to "please not sing rangers songs at the bar" every1 to a man was doin the bouncy and singing all sorts.

brilliant nyt.