The news tonight

ekbear93

Don't know if anybody watched the piece on the Ibrox Disaster in the news tonight. They had interviewed the mother of a young lad, Peter Easton I think his name was. She told the reporter how her son had pleaded and pleaded her to be allowed to go to the game with his 4 other friends. He kept asking until she finally allowed him. She said that on the morning of the game he said meaningfully, "thanks mum" and gave her a hug. He did not return. He, along with his 4 friends were killed that day. And with a tear in her eye the lady said "It was my fault."

I had tears in my eyes listening to the story, and watching the sadness on his mothers face. My thoughts are with the families of those who were killed.

Absent Friends. :rip:

That's heartbreaking. RIP Absent Friends :rip:

What i would like to see for Mrs Easton is respect and gratitude for being a honest nice human being

the club should be bending over backwards in my view .

None of us died supporting the club we love at a game and if the club can help the fans should

in gratitude of a beautiful person of humilty and humbilness of a special person.

Next game mrs Easton should be given the red carpet treatment and to make her feel the club her son was passionate about

returned the love .

What i would like to see for Mrs Easton is respect and gratitude for being a honest nice human being

the club should be bending over backwards in my view .

None of us died supporting the club we love at a game and if the club can help the fans should

in gratitude of a beautiful person of humilty and humbilness of a special person.

Next game mrs Easton should be given the red carpet treatment and to make her feel the club her son was passionate about

returned the love .

Totally agree mate (tu)

Yes I saw it tonight. I was pleased (not the ideal word but I cant think straight at the minute) to see her as I saw her on the programme from 10 years ago and thought she was looking quite frail then, I didnt know she was still alive. Her story was heartbreaking, I had a tear in my eye as she recounted it on the Disaster programme and do you know at full time, I was in tears, not because we were 4 points behind them in the league but because I thought of Mrs Easton and was so upset that that performance was the one given to remember her son and all the others that died.

Worst part about the whole programme. I was not born when it happend and I always thought aww what a shame....but actually seeing that poor woman talk about her wee boy is truely heart breaking and really brings the whole incident to reality for me!

With her having to live with the fact that she let him go to the game when the dad said no must be devastating for her. But she is not to blaim in the slightest. For anyone that has kids....it is terrifying to let them go anywhere on their own....but we have to. That is life!!!!

When they spoke about a young boy on someones shoulders, I can help think that it was him.

Truely devastating.

I hope she gets to see him again in another life.

All of those players wearing the jersey today should of been made to watch that programme the other night. Maybe it would of given them a bit of backbone and fight.

The 66 that never came home, R.I.P. The only people I hoped wouldn't be let down, were let down more than I imagined :disappointment: