Rangers in for David Goodwillie

Davie2909

Just on today so haven't seen any news can anyone update me on Goodwillie and Miller ?

No updates on Goodwillie and the inly update on Miller is he hasnt rejected or accepted Birminghams contract.

Everyone from Stirling That knows him know that he is a rangers man, he will go in a second above any other team.

The rumors round here are it's him waiting on rangers to get a move on. I wouldn't expect him to go anywhere else, very much a local boy

Well lets hope he does it again when he gets a hat trick in feb! Then the flute at ft and kicks Neil Lennons fat wee Ginger coupon

drop-kick from ontop of the dugoot ?.....As if ther is any other way doh

I think the Goodwillie bid was the usual stunt our leaders play to appease the fans before or during bad news.Similarto the fairytale a few years ago when Walter and Bain supposedly went to Italy in the last few hours of the transfer window to start talks with an Italian striker,despite the fact that there would be no time to persuade him,no time for a medical and despite the fact he had already signed for a team.

The Goodwillie bid was certain to be rejected "but at least the Management tried" before accepting the first offer for Miller.

I think the Goodwillie bid was the usual stunt our leaders play to appease the fans before or during bad news.Similarto the fairytale a few years ago when Walter and Bain supposedly went to Italy in the last few hours of the transfer window to start talks with an Italian striker,despite the fact that there would be no time to persuade him,no time for a medical and despite the fact he had already signed for a team.

The Goodwillie bid was certain to be rejected "but at least the Management tried" before accepting the first offer for Miller.

but they havent pulled out of signing him after the first bid got rejected so we can still sign him which i think we will if miller leaves

David Goodwillie is my cousin posted a pice of me him and my cousin before on here! He says he doesnt know whats happening but he'd love a move and he'd jump at the chance to sign for us.

if you still have the pic post it up mate wanty :ph34r: lol

Smith was in Milan with Rangers chief executive Martin Bain Martin Bain is the chief executive of Scottish Premier League football club Rangers.

He was appointed chief executive by Sir David Murray in February 2005, having been at Rangers since 1996. , the pair having just finished giving Caracciolo the hard sale in a summit set up by the player's agent, Andrea D'Amico.

With only about six hours left until the transfer window slammed shut, Amoruso was asked to help convince Caracciolo to accept a life-changing pounds 2.5 million transfer to the SPL (1) (Systems Programming Language) The assembly language for the HP 3000 series. See assembly language for an SPL program example.

(2) (Structured Programming Language) See structured programming.

1. .

But Amoruso was then stunned stun

tr.v. stunned, stun·ning, stuns

1. To daze or render senseless, by or as if by a blow.

2. To overwhelm or daze with a loud noise.

3. to learn that Caraccioli had knocked Smith back to drop down a division and go on loan to his former club, Brescia.

Speaking exclusively to Record Sport, Amoruso said: "The guy must be crazy. I do not understand him.

"These days football players are not what they used to be. I was given the same chance to join Rangers at the same age as Caracciolli and I grabbed it with both hands. But that's because I wasn't scared of the challenge or frightened fright·en

v. fright·ened, fright·en·ing, fright·ens

v.tr.

1. To fill with fear; alarm.

2. of the adventure.

"These days players justwant an easy life. No one wants to fight or to better themselves any more. This guy doesn't know what he's missing.

"I told Andrea if he did not take this opportunity, he might regret it for the rest of his life.

"He is an excellent player but he's had some difficult times at Palermo and Sampdoria and, if he stays in Italy, he might never get the chance again to sign for such a massive club with such a fantastic history.

"If he has ambition to realise his potential he must take this chance with both hands. It is too good to turn down.

"He was even asking me where he should live and what were the nice areas of Glasgow. To me, he was more or less ready to get on the plane. I don't know what has happened to make him change his mind. Maybe Sampdoria have made the decision for him but it makes no sense to me."

Amoruso spent half an hour on the phone to Caracciolo as the twice-capped Italy international mulled over three proposals - one from Rangers, one from Brescia and one from Torino. It's understood Rangers had been quietly pursuing the 6ft 4in forward since the start of the month but that Caracciolo had been resisting their advances because of a reluctance to leave his homeland.

That's why Smith boarded a flight at breakfast time yesterday in a bid to persuade the 26-year-old that his future lay in the SPL.

Amoruso was also recruited to assist. He said: "Walter and Martin called me from Milan and asked me to have a word with Andrea. They asked me to say good things about the club and I said ' Walter, you don't need to say that - I love this club'.

"Andrea wanted to talk about the city, weather, football, the atmosphere and lifestyle for him and his wife.

"I told him money is not the most important issue here.

"I said he had to make sure he was doing the right thing and to remember that if his wife was not happy, he would not be happy.

"I assured him they'd find everything they could ask for in Scotland.

"OK, the weather is not great but he comes from Milan and, believe me, there is no great difference between a winter there and a winter in Glasgow. So that is one problem he did not need to worry about.

"I then said he had to look at this not just as a transfer but as an adventure and an experience that would change his life forever. That's what happened to me in Glasgow and, like Andrea, I was also 26 at that time.

"I told him that if I lived my life another hundred times, my decision to join Rangers is one of the things I would never change.

"This was a chance for him to have the time of his life and to grow not just as a player but as a human being. But he chose Brescia? He will live to regret it."

Amoruso - who had a nightmarish and injury-plagued first year in Glasgow, during which he became addicted also gave Caracciolo a rough guide to life in a city he regards as his second home.

Amoruso said: "The first thing I told him to do was learn the language. I told him, if he could speak English he would be able to adjust much more easily.

"The second thing to realise was that, when you move abroad, everything starts from zero. Your reputation as a player in Serie A counts for nothing any more.

"You start again as a nobody. You have to be prepared to show from your very first training session that you are a somebody and that you can be a success at this club. Most importantly Adv. 1. most importantly - above and beyond all other consideration; "above all, you must be independent"

above all, most especially , as a foreigner, you discover quickly you are very much on your own. Yes, people will help you as much as they can - especially in a city such as Glasgow and at a club such as Rangers - but you must be prepared to help yourself.

"If you are not willing to work hard, to fight for your reputation and to prove yourself in a new country then you are going to have big problems.

"Maybe he just didn't have the stomach for it. But I told him, if he could do all of these things, then he had to go because an opportunity such as that does not come around every day.

"He has the quality to be a massive player for Rangers and it would have been the perfect club for him."

Caracciolo was one of Italy's hottest prospects when he helped fire a superbly talented under-21 team to the European Championship in 2004.

He won his first full cap with the Azzurri later that year and was recalled by current national boss Roberto Donadoni Roberto Donadoni (born September 9, 1963 in Cisano Bergamasco, Province of Bergamo, Lombardy) is an Italian football (soccer) manager and former player. He was an attacking midfielder or winger known for pace and technique. He was a pillar of the powerhouse A.C. two years later for a friendly against Croatia.

But in that same season the striker netted only five times for Palermo in 27 matches and was sold to Sampdoria last summer. He has scored just one Serie A goal so far this season.

Amoruso said: "He had a problem in Palermo because the manager was playing him out of position.

"He went to Sampdoria but just after he arrived they brought in a new manager and the first thing he did was buy his own strikers so Andrea has not had a chance to show what he can do.

"But he has all the qualities to be a top, top player and that's why Torino and Brescia offered him contracts.

"He's low on confidence just now but the quality is there. He is tall, strong, fast and he has great feet. He has everything a great striker needs.

"The biggest shame is that with Walter and Ally McCoist Alistair "Ally" Murdoch McCoist MBE (born September 24, 1962 in Bellshill, North Lanarkshire) is a Scottish former professional football player who played as a striker. He is currently assistant manager at Scottish Premier League club Rangers. looking after him, he would have been surrounded by the right people.

"No one knows better than Coisty a striker must be high on confidence and high morale. He would have got the best out of Andrea.

"And Walter? You could not hope to work for a better manager and, most important of all, a better person. Walter is like a father to his players and that's exactly what Andrea needs right now.

"Also he would have had the support of the fans who help you in every possible situation. They are what makes Rangers such a special club - but Caracciolo will never know that now."

]

Was big Amo in on it 2 aye?? :rolleyes:

DUNDEE United have still not received a formal offer for their top striker David Goodwillie, according to manager Peter Houston, although he has said that if the right bid comes in he will not grudge the player a move.

The striker, who has scored more than half of United's goals this season, has attracted interest from Rangers, Swansea and Kaiserslauten, as well as several English clubs.

The 21-year-old missed yesterday's cup tie through suspension and Houston admitted that if the asking price is met then he may have to find a way of coping without their talisman.

"Let's be honest about it, we might not have him in the coming weeks but yes we missed him today because he is a hot streak of form," said Houston.

"At this time we haven't had any formal offer. Perhaps that will come in the future but if David Goodwillie leaves and we get the right money for him then good luck to him. I will be the first to shake his hand because he has performed well and earned getting a move on to a bigger club. All I would say is that I want Dundee United, who have nurtured him since he was 12 or 13 years, to get the money he is worth. He is a full international and has scored 11 goals this season. He has been brilliant in training and brilliant in games."

David Goodwillie is my cousin posted a pice of me him and my cousin before on here! He says he doesnt know whats happening but he'd love a move and he'd jump at the chance to sign for us.

Ian Ferguson is my cousin :sherlock: Beat that.

-

On a serious note, I think he would love to come to Ibrox and give us some goals. Kennys a goner now anyway

ye get the pic yet lol