Rangers in for David Goodwillie

Davie2909

is it just me or was anyone else actually looking forward to getting goodwillie in on a 4/5 year deal wae his potential and all that ? Not saying it couldnt still happen but its looking less likely now

I was.

Goodwillie will probably move to England now and when Miller leaves on a free that's going to leave McCoist looking to scrape together money that we don't have to replace him when we could have done it now.

I was.

Goodwillie will probably move to England now and when Miller leaves on a free that's going to leave McCoist looking to scrape together money that we don't have to replace him when we could have done it now.

Nail hit on the head, for me.

Was very much looking forward to nailing down Goodwillie on a 4/5 year deal.

Undecided on how to take Miller's decision, besides that downside.

I'm guessing he's off to Marsielle?

Think they'll be more twist and turns regarding Kenny Millers Rangers future I still expect him to leave in January :uk:

for a decent fee that we can use then no arguments there

If Miller leaves now we sign Goodwillie and we have a paid for asset tied down to a four or five year deal.

If Miller stays until the Summer he leaves for free and we are left short of a centre forward and with no money to replace him.

There's no gauarntee that we will win the league if he stays and there is no gaurantee that we win it if he goes.

But I think that getting Goodwillie in and selling Miller was the best deal for both the short and long term.

Anybody who thinks that Goodwillie, Beattie, Lafferty, Naismith, Lafferty & Jelavic couldn't score enough goals between them to bring the league home is kidding themselves on.

This is a disastarous turn of events that we won't feel the full effects of until the Summer...just like last Summer when we let a 20+ goals a season striker leave for free and then proceded to spend over half our limited budget replacing him when there were three or four other areas that also needed strengthen.

It's amazing how many people who were moaning that he was goin are now moaning that were not goin to get any money for him now haha classic

Who? seems we're split on this!

If Miller leaves now we sign Goodwillie and we have a paid for asset tied down to a four or five year deal.

If Miller stays until the Summer he leaves for free and we are left short of a centre forward and with no money to replace him.

There's no gauarntee that we will win the league if he stays and there is no gaurantee that we win it if he goes.

But I think that getting Goodwillie in and selling Miller was the best deal for both the short and long term.

Anybody who thinks that Goodwillie, Beattie, Lafferty, Naismith, Lafferty & Jelavic couldn't score enough goals between them to bring the league home is kidding themselves on.

This is a disastarous turn of events that we won't feel the full effects of until the Summer...just like last Summer when we let a 20+ goals a season striker leave for free and then proceded to spend over half our limited budget replacing him when there were three or four other areas that also needed strengthen.

Well said.

the same place the money came from to buy beattie and jelavic

We let Boyd leave for free and spent 5 million signing players who we thought could replace his goals.

This left us short in other areas of the park, it's caught up with us and we are suffering for it now.

The exact same thing is going to happen again if the bank gives Coisty 4 million and he has to spend half of it on a striker to replace Miller.

There's no gauarntee that we will win the elague if he stays and there is no gaurantee that we win it if he goes.

Or maybe Miller stays, scores the goals that win us the league and then we pick up Goodwillie even cheaper in the summer as he only has 12 months left on his contract?

If this is true, good on Miller for puttin the boots to the bank, does everyone really think Smith would have got one penny of the shite fee. Are you listening Shagger, only go if you want to don't go because a bank tells you to go.

Well.. I'm glad he's staying.. 700k is nothing! I hope he continues his form and leaves on a high then 700k + will be in the bank.

If he stays and we finish 2nd.. everyone will be moaning.. however I think it's in our best interest for him to leave on a free.. rather than leave now for that measly amount.

Theres only a handful of players in the world that dont play for money. And lets be honest Kenny isnt a Rangers man but can be proud of what he has gelped us achieve since he came back.

This shyt about sell him and get goodwillie in is ridiculous wer we gettin the other 700-800k to buy him lol?

King Kennys here for 3 in a row

I'm sure you lol'd at the thought of us paying that much for Jelavic as well and it happened.

the lad can't win, even if he is only thinking about the money so are we. We as fans are only interested in whats best for the club and him staying till the end of the season benefits us. we need to win the league this season more than most and his goals will help, punting him now is a gamble as no one can be sure if goodwillie could handle the pressure of having to hit the ground running for the biggest club in the country(thats assuming we could buy him).

all possiilities but nothing you say is a given really but who says goodwillie was a dead cert, im sure the cretin over there wold try his hardest to have him not come to us

Dundee Utd have financial problems of their own.

I can't see them scoffing at upwards of a million quid, plus potential add ons and a replacement for the second half of the season.

But hey it's all conjecture and opinion and that's what forums are for.

If he is hoping for a bigger signing on fee at the end of his deal he better hope he stays away from injury ! But the long and short of it is i would have miller till the end of the season over £650k we need that champions league spot !

Dundee Utd have financial problems of their own.

I can't see them scoffing at upwards of a million quid, plus potential add ons and a replacement for the second half of the season.

But hey it's all conjecture and opinio and that's what forums are for.

we dont have a million, and the add onns, well were there really any add onns in the first place, he can go mae but it needs to be benificial for us and 600k or even 700k aint right, ok for miller it is but for where we are at present i would have the title over that wee bit of cash

we dont have a million, and the add onns, well were there really any add onns in the first place, he can go mae but it needs to be benificial for us and 600k or even 700k aint right, ok for miller it is but for where we are at present i would have the title over that wee bit of cash

We must have had 700k in the first place if we were able to bid for Goodwillie. Throw in Webster and they'll surely accept.