***Official Gaming Deals & Bargains***

laudrupno1

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why are the prices in dollars then weird also were meant to be getting Alan Wakes Undead Nightmare as our free game.

First screenshot I took was from Major Nelsons site mate so that's why was in Dollars (tu)

To download it just now you need to type Sleeping Dogs into search bar either on the Xbox or on your Xbox account online as it's still showing that arcade game as the free one.

First screenshot I took was from Major Nelsons site mate so that's why was in Dollars (tu)

To download it just now you need to type Sleeping Dogs into search bar either on the Xbox or on your Xbox account online as it's still showing that arcade game as the free one.

i seen that earlier mate cheers (tu)

• 2 weeks later...

Is that a full tomb raider or an arcade version?

Don't know much about it mate so added a review below,it's an arcade game and it's free so Im downloading it if it's shite it's shite :thumbup:

Two years ago, attributing 'excitement' and 'must play' to the Tomb Raider franchise would have been inconceivable. Gaming's longest-serving heroine has done well in her old age, but she's lost that zest for life that once rocketed her early adventures to the top of the sales charts.

Yet the transfer to Microsoft's digital service has reinvigorated her - and her developer. Guardian of Light crackles with energy, and Crystal Dynamics has clearly relished adding a different dynamic to the franchise. By marrying top-down shooter mechanics with a tidy co-op mode, it adds something the series was long thought to have lost: a sense of fun.

Laboured plot and MacGuffin expositions are ejected. A mystical object, supernatural villain and Lara's new co-op partner (Aztec-style warrior Totec) are all introduced in the game's brief comic book-style opening. From there it hits the ground running - a whirl of lush jungles, devious traps and a multitude of enemies to make into bullet or spear fodder.

The snappier pace is brilliantly refreshing, your rush through expansive multi-patched levels accelerated by the up-tempo music and sudden increases in enemy numbers. The top-down camera might cut off the panoramic views we're used to, but it gives Tomb Raider's combat system (the series' weakest element) a chance to shine, with the controls akin to dual-stick-wielding XBLA shooters like Geometry Wars.

There are collectable relics in optional Challenge Tombs to customise and upgrade your equipment - in vogue ever since the likes of Contra years ago - but the justification for the increased firepower sits nicely within the pre-existing Tomb Raider world.

The quicker pace also influences the legion of deadly traps dotted throughout the various levels. The zoomed-out camera angle allows you to appreciate (and fear) the magnitude of the room-sized puzzles, such as having to clamber up the side of moving platforms threatening to push you into spike-filled pits. The puzzles aren't complex, but need to be solved quickly, fuelling the game with an adrenaline that brings Lara back to her Indiana Jones roots.

Guardian of Light can be enjoyed fully as a solo adventure, but the two-player co-op mode, which tweaks the pre-existing puzzles and traps to make it necessary to combine Lara and Totec's moves and abilities to succeed, feels different enough to warrant multiple playthroughs of both.

Relieved of the Tomb Raider name, Lara's pulled her foot out of the grave with an enjoyable title that's great value for your 1200 Microsoft Points.

uHl7E6H.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Any good mate?

I've not played it in ages mate as I got it not long after release but from what I can remember it was an enjoyable game for a while especially if like a good zombie game but I did get bored of it quickly though that's probably because I got stuck at something :lol: Id deffo download it whilst it's free and see what you think of it yourself mate (tu)

I've not played it in ages mate as I got it not long after release but from what I can remember it was an enjoyable game for a while especially if like a good zombie game but I did get bored of it quickly though that's probably because I got stuck at something :lol: Id deffo download it whilst it's free and see what you think of it yourself mate (tu)

Its set to download now mate but its still an ancient game that can be picked up for less than a fiver least its not an arcade one thougu

Archived