Holloway Taunts Rangers

FlippinEck

The truth hurts, we made a total arse of Charlie's Rangers career. It was yet another blunder by Bain. I knew he would be a superstar somewhere, shame it wasnt with us. We should be the ones raking in £6million or £7million for him. Walter knows best though, eh, asking an attacking flair player to defend out of position with the boo boys inevitably destroying the lads confidence. :(

Good Luck Charlie son, im just so sorry it didnt work for you here.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There is no excuse for the physical condition Adam was in at Rangers.

For a 21yr old professional footballer, his fitness levels were abysmal. As a fan, seeing a young player consistantly blowing out his arse after 30 minutes and struggling to keep up with play, I have to question his dedication and commitment (as well as the dietry advice and training methods at Murray Park). If he wanted it at Rangers he surely would of got himself into tip top shape? I always felt he was well within his comfort zone at Rangers, the move away spurred him on and developed him as a player.

Bang on (tu)

I can remember when he played on left midfield for us, the only way you would have got him running up & down the flank was to have put an Ice Cream van on the touchline.Done well & a big move in the offing

It's not a taunt, it's just the newspaper looking for a more interesting angle on things.

Holloway's more grateful to Rangers than you could possibly imagine for letting Adam go for £500k after a subsidised loan, the last thing he would be doing is 'taunting' us.

Does someone have the link to the index ratio that indicates how near every player instantly improves after they have left The Rangers?

I don't recall this amount of praise for fat charlie when he was fanny dancing around for us more often than not.

Does someone have the link to the index ratio that indicates how near every player instantly improves after they have left The Rangers?

I don't recall this amount of praise for fat charlie when he was fanny dancing around for us more often than not.

Kris Boyd has improved wonders since leaving us......

There is no excuse for the physical condition Adam was in at Rangers.

For a 21yr old professional footballer, his fitness levels were abysmal. As a fan, seeing a young player consistantly blowing out his arse after 30 minutes and struggling to keep up with play, I have to question his dedication and commitment (as well as the dietry advice and training methods at Murray Park). If he wanted it at Rangers he surely would of got himself into tip top shape? I always felt he was well within his comfort zone at Rangers, the move away spurred him on and developed him as a player.

This should be posted at the start of every Charlie Adam thread.

It's spot on and anyone who argues with it is simply wrong. He wouldn't have become the player he is now without the move out of his comfort zone and Rangers have hardly struggled without him.

End of thread.

I'll be the first to say that he was quite average at Ibrox, in no small part down to the fact that he never had a run in his natural position. Part of that was his fault though as he never really got himself fit.

He did have a good run, Under PLG he played centre midfield and in his first season scored 15 goals! Walter then thought Adam was a left winger and proceeded to play him there and ruin his Rangers career! A blind monkey could see Adam was never a winger!

He's a talented player, I don't think anybody can question that , but I truly believe that the lack of expectation at Blackpool helps him play his natural game free of the pressure he was under when he was playing at Ibrox.

It's been shown on many occasions that having a strong mind is more important than a strong set of football skills when it comes to playing for Rangers, or any club that is expected to win every week.

Charlie Adam is a prime example.

It's been shown on many occasions that having a strong mind is more important than a strong set of football skills when it comes to playing for Rangers, or any club that is expected to win every week.

Charlie Adam is a prime example.

Adam was fantastic under PLG, It was Smith that made Adam look like rubbish!

PLG's fitness coach Stéphane Wiertelak worked really closely with Adam though, that helped his performances.

I don't think a fitness coach should need to babysit a professional footballer personally.

Losing a player of Adam's ability isn't really the annoying part, players come and go. It's the fee that pisses me off. Losing a player for 500k who is now easily a 5M+ player.

I agree entirely with DBBTB.

PLG's fitness coach Stéphane Wiertelak worked really closely with Adam though, that helped his performances.

I don't think a fitness coach should need to babysit a professional footballer personally.

That is what they are there for...whats the point in hiring them if you dont use them?

Walter was the problem, not Charlies alleged fitness issue. Hes hardly the first player who blows out his arse, the SPL is littered with guys like that. We had one last year too who used to score goals for us.

His ability was lost in a defense minded set up.

So Adam benefitted from the continental approach to health and fitness, something espoused by Holloway. Maybe there's something in their methods?

Charlie was his own worst enemy where fitness was concerned, but the management team should have been ensuring that he was at his peak, through fines if necessary. To be honest he's not the type of player who would flourish under Smith and the move was probably the best thing for him under the circumstances.

So Adam benefitted from the continental approach to health and fitness, something espoused by Holloway. Maybe there's something in their methods?

Charlie was his own worst enemy where fitness was concerned, but the management team should have been ensuring that he was at his peak, through fines if necessary. To be honest he's not the type of player who would flourish under Smith and the move was probably the best thing for him under the circumstances.

You'd think he'd have enjoyed his fitness and his performances and put in the extra work once PLG left in order to keep up that level of consistency.

I just got the feeling that as soon as PLG left, Charlie was like lightning onto that phone to the Curry Club to get two munchy boxes and a donner pizza.