Swedish youngster on trial at Rangers

RFC55

Rangers will look at talented young Swede Emil Krafth next week.

The 16-year-old Osters winger has been invited for a trial after impressing Rangers scouts in his homeland.

Krafth said: “It feels great to be recognised in this way. Our sporting director, Peter Kuno Johansson, told me Rangers had invited me and of course I want to go and try out.”

From the Evening times

Scandanavia is defo one of the places to be for young talent. Hopefully this will shut all the poeple up that go on and on about how shit our scouting is.

My old man drinks with Willie Melville one of Rangers youth scouts who was at Accies a few year ago when I played with them at 19's level. He helped bring through James McCarthy and a few other decent players at that time. He reckons Rangers don't give him the same freedom and authority as Hamilton did which is why he isn't as successful but says there are a few players with potential already at the club that could come through in a couple of years.

My old manager at Hamilton is working in Australia for Rangers not sure what exactly it is he does though.£

My old man drinks with Willie Melville one of Rangers youth scouts who was at Accies a few year ago when I played with them at 19's level. He helped bring through James McCarthy and a few other decent players at that time. He reckons Rangers don't give him the same freedom and authority as Hamilton did which is why he isn't as successful but says there are a few players with potential already at the club that could come through in a couple of years.

My old manager at Hamilton is working in Australia for Rangers not sure what exactly it is he does though.£

Sounds good (tu)

I looked through google to see if I could find anything on my old manager at accies, John Joyce...

''John Joyce, William Gillogley, Stuart Martin and Erald Krasniqi jetted out of Glasgow for Brisbane as part of the football in the communities programme. They will be working in soccer camps down under for 100 players this week.

When that is finished John and William will be involved at the Gold Coast Champions Cup, one of the biggest youth tournaments with teams from across Australia and Asia.

This will be the second time in a year that Rangers Soccer schools have been actively involved in Australia. They have also visited the American Continent, the Carribean and Azerbaijan''

Didn't know any of the other 3 but John was the best coach I ever worked with by far. He made a player out of Brian Easton which I don't think anyone else could. He had no confidence what so ever and wasn't very good. Within 2-3 years he was in the first team and got a move to the EPL.

I looked through google to see if I could find anything on my old manager at accies, John Joyce...

''John Joyce, William Gillogley, Stuart Martin and Erald Krasniqi jetted out of Glasgow for Brisbane as part of the football in the communities programme. They will be working in soccer camps down under for 100 players this week.

When that is finished John and William will be involved at the Gold Coast Champions Cup, one of the biggest youth tournaments with teams from across Australia and Asia.

This will be the second time in a year that Rangers Soccer schools have been actively involved in Australia. They have also visited the American Continent, the Carribean and Azerbaijan''

Didn't know any of the other 3 but John was the best coach I ever worked with by far. He made a player out of Brian Easton which I don't think anyone else could. He had no confidence what so ever and wasn't very good. Within 2-3 years he was in the first team and got a move to the EPL.

Bill what age are you mate?

Was Tony Andrews there when you were?

Think he was head of youth development or very high up in the youh programme anyway

Not familiar with his name. Head of youth was John Bean at the time. Hamilton basically took the whole of Clydes youth set up around 2005 which is why they have such a good youth set up, or did have for a while.

Not familiar with his name. Head of youth was John Bean at the time. Hamilton basically took the whole of Clydes youth set up around 2005 which is why they have such a good youth set up, or did have for a while.

aye one of my mates was at Clyde when that happened. He ended up leaving pro youth altogether tho. He played with them when Mcarthur did aswell iirc.

Tony may have been the top man at under 14's or 12's i really cant mind he was my manager at a boys club team and got 6 of us trials with the Hivs and Livi

aye one of my mates was at Clyde when that happened. He ended up leaving pro youth altogether tho. He played with them when Mcarthur did aswell iirc.

Tony may have been the top man at under 14's or 12's i really cant mind he was my manager at a boys club team and got 6 of us trials with the Hivs and Livi

I went to clyde when I was about 13. The guy who took me their was manager of Hillwood B.C. but took the under 14s at Clyde aswell. Not sure his name though. Who was ur mate that played with Clyde?

I went to clyde when I was about 13. The guy who took me their was manager of Hillwood B.C. but took the under 14s at Clyde aswell. Not sure his name though. Who was ur mate that played with Clyde?

Guy slowey and also Billy Reid jnr

Edit Chris Reid also (tu)

If I was on trial at Rangers I would play shit every week, not train and miss sitters in training and matchdays.

Because we all know if a player actually does well on trial and scores a load of goals they don't get offered a contract.